Calgary Flames New Arena Update - Page 54 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 54 of 73 FirstFirst ... 44 53 54 55 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1450

Thread: Calgary Flames New Arena Update

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by TomcoPDR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Allow enough land for ODR for winter classics, no guests of Calgary shall miss a minute while flying in and out… make sure to allocate $750,000 for art sculpture, 100’ wooden hockey stick
    Needs to be 206' to fuck over the one in Drunken, BC.

*Drunken.
    Drunken.
    *Drunken...

My phone knows well enough to not call it "Dun-Can" so I'm not going to argue with it.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I don’t know any other way to spell it
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Lease

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Needs to be 206' to fuck over the one in Drunken, BC.

*Drunken.
    Drunken.
    *Drunken...

My phone knows well enough to not call it "Dun-Can" so I'm not going to argue with it.
    I didn't even know one existed haha

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

"City council unanimously agrees to hire someone to beg CSEC to come back."

Council members unanimously agreed to set administration to work exploring “projects and potential partnerships” to keep developing plans for Calgary’s culture and entertainment district with an event centre. An addition from Coun. Sonya Sharp also leaves the door open for the Calgary Flames ownership group to get involved again, requesting a third party get involved to ask them whether they might re-enter discussions on building the project — or whether “other parties” might want to partner with the city.
    https://calgaryherald.com/news/local...deals-downfall

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Like I said, city has lost any leverage that they had. CSEC going to come out of this way ahead.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    "City council unanimously agrees to hire someone to beg CSEC to come back."

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local...deals-downfall
    I love politicians.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

why not pay more for the same thing at best or less?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If I was CSEC, I'd be happy to let this go idle for at least 6 months. Fuck the city.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I bet those solar panels end up costing Gondek a quarter billion

And by Gondek. I mean us taxpayers, why would Gondek gaf
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    If I was CSEC, I'd be happy to let this go idle for at least 6 months. Fuck the city.
    I honestly hope they do. I'm enjoying that CSEC has been silent during this whole post abortion period while city council thinks they have all these brilliant ideas to move forward. The longer they let it draw out, the better it will work in their favour.

I'm kind of hoping the city goes through with building a new arena only for the Flames to decline playing in it cause they had nothing to do with it haha

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

With the way the city does things, they'll build it only to find out that it doesn't meet NHL standards and will need another $250+ million to meet said standard.

My Ride
    2011 Chrarger, 2018 F150

I wonder if it would be cheaper to give all season ticket holders a VR headset, send them beer and snacks for each game and then just have the players play in the dome or somewhere else. The cost of tickets for any event, you need double meet sandwich salary to afford going.

I'm kind of hoping the city goes through with building a new arena only for the Flames to decline playing in it cause they had nothing to do with it haha
    Would be funny to see, but they don't have any leverage to do that as the City will demolish their only alternative in the city.
    ---

My Ride
    TRD Pro

With the Flames lease on the Saddledome expiring, isnt the city basically screwed either way? Why would the Flames sign a new lease on a building that requires $200M+ of repairs just to be operational? If they sign a new lease, I can see the repairs being a tenant inducement to make it work. Flames continue to pay rent (albeit could be higher) and the city has to pay an additonal $250M to modernize the building. I think it could go up even more if they are required to bring it to current code or at least city requirements with LEED Silver.

My Ride
    Lease

Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post
    With the Flames lease on the Saddledome expiring, isnt the city basically screwed either way? Why would the Flames sign a new lease on a building that requires $200M+ of repairs just to be operational? If they sign a new lease, I can see the repairs being a tenant inducement to make it work. Flames continue to pay rent (albeit could be higher) and the city has to pay an additonal $250M to modernize the building. I think it could go up even more if they are required to bring it to current code or at least city requirements with LEED Silver.
    Would Gondek require solar panels on top of the dome? Maybe those curves will have double sun ray capturing abilities

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post
    IIRC flames currently pay $1 rent, and responsible for operational and upkeep. The roof issue belongs to the flames, at least until the lease runs out.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Hybrid

I honestly hope they do. I'm enjoying that CSEC has been silent during this whole post abortion period while city council thinks they have all these brilliant ideas to move forward. The longer they let it draw out, the better it will work in their favour.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face. All of the city's bungling comes straight out of our tax money. Whether you support public funds towards the arena or not, council seems content to ram it down our throats so the best we can hope for is them to reign in the incompetence and get it done in the most cost effective manner (which they've already fucked up).
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    IIRC flames currently pay $1 rent, and responsible for operational and upkeep. The roof issue belongs to the flames, at least until the lease runs out.
    The Saddledome Foundation pays the city $1 rent, but the CSEC lease with the Saddledome Foundation is a bit more complicated (been climbing from $750K since 1995 based on price indexes) where 1/3 goes to amateur sport in Calgary, 1/3 goes to Winsport, and 1/3 goes to Hockey Canada (all via the Saddledome Foundation).

https://law.marquette.edu/assets/spo...ary-flames.pdf

Originally the management of the arena was with the Stampede, but the Flames bought that out for $20M in 1994.
    Last edited by kertejud2; 01-14-2022 at 09:25 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    The Saddledome Foundation pays the city $1 rent, but the CSEC lease with the Saddledome Foundation is a bit more complicated (been climbing from $750K since 1995 based on price indexes) where 1/3 goes to amateur sport in Calgary, 1/3 goes to Winsport, and 1/3 goes to Hockey Canada (all via the Saddledome Foundation).

https://law.marquette.edu/assets/spo...ary-flames.pdf

Originally the management of the arena was with the Saddledome, but the Flames bought that out for $20M in 1994.
    Thx. I remember this breakdown.

Flames still responsible if that roof falls apart between now and the end of lease tho right?

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Saddledome is leased to Saddledome Foundation for $1/year until 2033.

Flames have an agreement with the foundation to donate % of revenue per year instead of paying rent.

Edit: What kertejud2 said.

There's all this talk about Flames being responsible for repairs, but did they just cover repairs so they have a place to play or were they actually required to? That will be interesting for the new deal.
    ---

Page 54 of 73 FirstFirst ... 44 53 54 55 64 ... LastLast