Quantcast
Glen Meadows Auto Service experience - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Glen Meadows Auto Service experience

Default Glen Meadows Auto Service experience

I planned to change out my summer tires for winter tires the other day and could not find my lock lug. Spent over an hour looking everywhere for it. Finally I remembered the last time I saw the lock lug and the case of spare lugs it was stored in was when I brought the car to Glen Meadows Auto Service on 37th Street SW to have the brakes replaced.

I phoned Glen Meadows and explained the situation. The reception immediately said the lugs would most likely have been thrown out. I explained a mechanic would know they are valuable and probably not throw them out. The receptionist kept insisting they are gone. The receptionist finally agreed to relay my message to Trevor, the manager.

I called back the next day around noon and asked if they were found. The receptionist explained the manager was very busy with customers and had not been given the message yet. I thought, "busy with customers", am I not a customer? I have had $3,000 worth of work done at that shop. How much do I have to spend to be considered a customer?

I decided to drive to the shop in the afternoon. I asked to see Trevor and explained my problem. He started to hem and haw and then explained the lock lug was not found and he had talked to the mechanic. I was sure at this point he had done nothing and had not even looked up my work order to know which mechanic to talk to.

I asked if I could take a look around. He said no and besides if anything was left behind, it would be placed on a shelf in the corner and he pointed out the shelf. I walked over to the shelf and asked if I could take a look. Immediately on this very small shelf I found a lock lug. I told him it might be mine even though mine came in a case with spare lugs. He agreed to let me take it home to try it out.

The lock lug did not fit my car so it was probably for another customer. Which of course contradicted another thing Trevor told. He said they would call a customer if a lock lug was left behind. But what about my lugs and this lug from another customer? If anyone is missing a lock lug that was left at Glen Meadows, I may have it.

I will never deal with Glen Meadows again. The manager is a liar and the receptionist is lazy.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

Over a lock lug key? Buy new ones for $25 and break those ones off. Happened to me twice, not a huge deal.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

That is one of those places that always screamed sketchy to me and would never take ANYTHING there.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

maybe next time you can use your lottery winnings to take it to a reputable place.

Originally posted by Mario38
    I planned to change out my summer tires for winter tires the other day and could not find my lock lug. Spent over an hour looking everywhere for it. Finally I remembered the last time I saw the lock lug and the case of spare lugs it was stored in was when I brought the car to Glen Meadows Auto Service on 37th Street SW to have the brakes replaced.

I phoned Glen Meadows and explained the situation. The reception immediately said the lugs would most likely have been thrown out. I explained a mechanic would know they are valuable and probably not throw them out. The receptionist kept insisting they are gone. The receptionist finally agreed to relay my message to Trevor, the manager.

I called back the next day around noon and asked if they were found. The receptionist explained the manager was very busy with customers and had not been given the message yet. I thought, "busy with customers", am I not a customer? I have had $3,000 worth of work done at that shop. How much do I have to spend to be considered a customer?

I decided to drive to the shop in the afternoon. I asked to see Trevor and explained my problem. He started to hem and haw and then explained the lock lug was not found and he had talked to the mechanic. I was sure at this point he had done nothing and had not even looked up my work order to know which mechanic to talk to.

I asked if I could take a look around. He said no and besides if anything was left behind, it would be placed on a shelf in the corner and he pointed out the shelf. I walked over to the shelf and asked if I could take a look. Immediately on this very small shelf I found a lock lug. I told him it might be mine even though mine came in a case with spare lugs. He agreed to let me take it home to try it out.

The lock lug did not fit my car so it was probably for another customer. Which of course contradicted another thing Trevor told. He said they would call a customer if a lock lug was left behind. But what about my lugs and this lug from another customer? If anyone is missing a lock lug that was left at Glen Meadows, I may have it.

I will never deal with Glen Meadows again. The manager is a liar and the receptionist is lazy.
    And this kids, is an example of libel. Mario38 has accused the shop of misplacing something, with absolutely zero proof, with the exception of "the last time I saw it", which was months ago.

Should be interesting if Rage and Kenny get a C&D letter out of this.
    Last edited by spikerS; 11-30-2014 at 11:12 PM.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Originally posted by spikerS

And this kids, is an example of libel. Mario38 has accused the shop of misplacing something, with absolutely zero proof, with the exception of "the last time I saw it", which was months ago.

Should be interesting if Rage and Kenny get a C&D letter out of this.
    "which was months ago".

Where did you read that in my post?

If you are accusing someone of libel, take a moment to read the story. I did not accuse them of misplacing the lugs.

I did accuse the manager of being a liar. It is not libel when what one writes is true.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

you are blatantly making the claim that they have/had them.

He said they would call a customer if a lock lug was left behind. But what about my lugs and this lug from another customer?
    obviously the place is not the best place to go, but you would think that before going there I am sure.

Moral of the story, find a better place.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Princess auto sells universal lock nut removals, just snap it on an impact and the reverse threads will take them right off.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

So we have determined that Mario's time is basically worthless.

I also have a hard time believing you paid $3k for brakes.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Originally posted by FraserB
    So we have determined that Mario's time is basically worthless.

I also have a hard time believing you paid $3k for brakes.
    I understand your time is worth a lot more than mine. That is why you spend so little time reading posts. No where did I state the brakes costs $3K.

"Beauty school drop out - go back to high school"

My Ride
    NC1

When did you bring the vehicle in for brakes? last week? a month ago? etc.

You sound like a complicated customer which is probably why they wanted to ignore you lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Maybe you should live in a less shitty neighborhood so you don't have to bother everyone with your dumb wheel locks.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    09 CSRT4

Funny thing is.. I am the manager @ glen meadows.

First off you story is half true. But lets get some facts straight.

You came here for your brakes to be done on Aug 7/14. So like I said we obviously had the wheel lock key then. When you had called in 4 months later and talked to my receptionist she had zero idea and she did give me a message to call you. And yes it was my bad for not calling you back sooner but you didn't even give me 24 hours.

When you showed up the next day, I did know which tech worked on your car and I had already asked him about your locking key and it was nowhere to be found. I did tell you about that shelf and yes there was a lock key on it that had been there for over 2 years but you thought it was yours.

You did take it to see if it was yours and that's the last I heard from you.

Now comes my points-

1. You do have one of my customers wheel lock keys and haven't returned it.

2. A simple phone call and I would have happily ordered you a new set of wheel locks. Actually I will order them today and have them for tomorrow Dec 4/14 for you.

3. Everyone that walks in this door is a customer regardless of how much money they spend. Even though your figures aren't close to what you have spent here.

4. Please don't lie.

We aren't some crappy shop that has no values. Each customer is our bread and butter and we go way beyond most shops to help ours out. All it takes is a simple phone call and its amazing what we will do for you.

And please if you have any issues call the shop @ 403-246-0405 and ask for Treavor. I am more than happy to help anyone with anything.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by three33
    Funny thing is.. I am the manager @ glen meadows.

First off you story is half true. But lets get some facts straight.

You came here for your brakes to be done on Aug 7/14. So like I said we obviously had the wheel lock key then. When you had called in 4 months later and talked to my receptionist she had zero idea and she did give me a message to call you. And yes it was my bad for not calling you back sooner but you didn't even give me 24 hours.

When you showed up the next day, I did know which tech worked on your car and I had already asked him about your locking key and it was nowhere to be found. I did tell you about that shelf and yes there was a lock key on it that had been there for over 2 years but you thought it was yours.

You did take it to see if it was yours and that's the last I heard from you.

Now comes my points-

1. You do have one of my customers wheel lock keys and haven't returned it.

2. A simple phone call and I would have happily ordered you a new set of wheel locks. Actually I will order them today and have them for tomorrow Dec 4/14 for you.

3. Everyone that walks in this door is a customer regardless of how much money they spend. Even though your figures aren't close to what you have spent here.

4. Please don't lie.

We aren't some crappy shop that has no values. Each customer is our bread and butter and we go way beyond most shops to help ours out. All it takes is a simple phone call and its amazing what we will do for you.

And please if you have any issues call the shop @ 403-246-0405 and ask for Treavor. I am more than happy to help anyone with anything.
    Pretty stand up!

Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Will the real stand up manager.....please stand up?

"Please don't lie."

Good advice - use it!

"All it takes is a simple phone call and its amazing what we will do for you."

I made the simple phone call and was ignored - by your own admission. And yes, I did spend the quoted amount. I own more than one car.

My Ride
    Blue boy

"Please don't lie."

Good advice - use it!

I made the simple phone call and was ignored - by your own admission. And yes, I did spend the quoted amount. I own more than one car.
    By the sounds of it, he didn't ignore you...He didn't get around to calling you yet, shop might have been busy. You can't expect a shop manager to just drop everything and call you for something insignificant.

Scan receipts for the proov!

My Ride
    09 CSRT4

"Please don't lie."

Good advice - use it!

I ordered your nuts today and they told me they will be at my shop by 4pm tomorrow. And i know you own more than 1 car. If you give me the go ahead I would gladly post as a screenshot exactly what you spent but do to privacy laws i need your permission to do so.

My Ride
    changes daily :D

I have used these guys before, and I have nothing but good things to say about them! when replacing my front lower rear control arms, the book said 5.6 hours! they charged me only 1 hour labor, because it didn't take them nearly as long as they thought! I would recommend them to ANYONE!!!!

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Ordering you a new set of locks even though you have no clue where the key was lost is a pretty stand up thing. And who is to say that they didn't call the customer whose key you now have and they just didn't care since the keys are so cheap and wheel locks are useless?

This is just like the Minute Muffler thread. Some fool posts about how he was "wronged", the other side of the story comes out and it turns out OP made a mountain out of a molehill.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Lease

Split some lotto tickets and call it a truce

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast