Quantcast
Cop kills a man he choked out... no charges again. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cop kills a man he choked out... no charges again.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by Toma
    assasinting

My Ride
    Nissan 300zx (1990 na)

I read other car forums like B.C.'s RevScene and YellowBullet about these incidences and Im pretty convinced that most people have been raised up to be some what psychopathic.

These people lack remorse and empathy and feel emotion only shallowly. In extreme cases, they might not care whether you live or die. These people are called psychopaths. .

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Maybe it's the attitude of blacks in the states that's part of the problem. Watch this video (I don't know how to embed). All these random black guys first reaction is violence, they don't think, they don't talk back just start swinging over nothing. None of these guys are in danger, their safety isn't being threatened, nothing.

I know the video is stupid but the reactions of the people in it is what I'm talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lzZX-XsG6Y
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Im pretty convinced that most people have been raised up to be some what psychopathic.
    Of course you are.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by BavarianBeast

He was suspected of selling loose cigarettes - not drug running, not trafficking firearms, not assaulting people, literally just cigarettes. And you react that violently, and then slowly kill a man, on camera, and a jury will still not indict you?
    Please, please, someone come in here and give me the jury's logic, because I can't see any way in which this is okay.
    Simple. This is the same as in every police-get-off-free trial. The jury only looks at whether or not the police officer did his job correctly. Ie Did he act within the "policies" of the police department. The answer, even if morally aprehensible, is always yes. Even if the jury thinks this cop flew off the handle and killed this guy, the argument will be brought "was there a potwntial risk to the officer? If so did he handle the situation within policy"

We have a situation where police departments can write their own policies that supersede actual laws. If the cops follow the bullshit policy where their safety is paramount over innicent people, they are actually doimg their jibs correctly

Right now in the US, 400-500 innocent civilians die each year at the hands of police. While only 150-200 police are killed each year, that number accounts for traffic deaths, falling down manholes and anything else. The actual number of police that die from violent criminals is not as high as the overall number.

So basicalky we have a situation where policy dictates cops can kill 4-5 innocent people "just in case" to protect every cop that is actually under a real threat during an arrest or some other violent situation.

Someome needs to challenge the policies not the cops. There has to be civilian oversight.
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

As soon as someone verbally or physically resists arrest the cops should just walk away. Don't feel like a ticket, don't stop. Don't want to be arrested for whatever just get confrontational. Cop just goes away.

I think that will solve everything.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

Blood chokes as opposed to air chokes will put someone asleep in seconds. Literally 4-6 seconds as opposed to minutes

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by Nitro5
    As soon as someone verbally or physically resists arrest the cops should just walk away. Don't feel like a ticket, don't stop. Don't want to be arrested for whatever just get confrontational. Cop just goes away.

I think that will solve everything.
    Whats your opinion on the number of innocent people killed by police each year?

Do you have a real idea on how police can serve and protect innocent people as well as themselves?
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by ddduke
    Maybe it's the attitude of blacks in the states that's part of the problem. Watch this video (I don't know how to embed). All these random black guys first reaction is violence, they don't think, they don't talk back just start swinging over nothing. None of these guys are in danger, their safety isn't being threatened, nothing.

I know the video is stupid but the reactions of the people in it is what I'm talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lzZX-XsG6Y

Go try this in Marborough Mall and let me know what the % is and skin colour of people that attempt to fuck you up.

None of this even close to true. I know it fits the narrative you want, but reality is far from your assertion of the "truth" in this matter.

Originally posted by broken_legs

Simple. This is the same as in every police-get-off-free trial. The jury only looks at whether or not the police officer did his job correctly. Ie Did he act within the "policies" of the police department. The answer, even if morally aprehensible, is always yes. Even if the jury thinks this cop flew off the handle and killed this guy, the argument will be brought "was there a potwntial risk to the officer? If so did he handle the situation within policy"

We have a situation where police departments can write their own policies that supersede actual laws. If the cops follow the bullshit policy where their safety is paramount over innicent people, they are actually doimg their jibs correctly

Right now in the US, 400-500 innocent civilians die each year at the hands of police. While only 150-200 police are killed each year, that number accounts for traffic deaths, falling down manholes and anything else. The actual number of police that die from violent criminals is not as high as the overall number.

So basicalky we have a situation where policy dictates cops can kill 4-5 innocent people "just in case" to protect every cop that is actually under a real threat during an arrest or some other violent situation.

Someome needs to challenge the policies not the cops. There has to be civilian oversight.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by phil98z24
    None of this even close to true. I know it fits the narrative you want, but reality is far from your assertion of the "truth" in this matter.

Which part? Tell me how it is, im open to changing my opinion. Im only working with the info I have.

I can produce the numbers I quoted and a zillion headlines where police and others say the cops "followed policy".

help me out.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

This guy wasn't an innocent civilian though. He was a convicted felon with 30+ convictions going back 27 years. At the time of this incident, he was awaiting trial on charges stemming from what he was caught doing when the undercover cops approached him.

He refused to comply with a lawful arrest and had a significant physical advantage on the cops. He also did not die from asphyxiation; there was in fact, no injuries to his throat or neck bones. He died from a heart attack in an ambulance on the way to the hospital. The NY coroner stated that his significant pre-existing medical issues directly contributed to his death.

This is another case of someone thinking that if he resists the cops, they'll just go away and then winds up shocked when they don't. Best way to avoid these situations? Don't break the law. If you insist on doing so, comply with the cops when your dumb ass gets busted for the 30 something odd time.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Whats your opinion on the number of innocent people killed by police each year?

Do you have a real idea on how police can serve and protect innocent people as well as themselves?
    Just wondering where you are getting your figures from? Or by innocent do you mean any person who comes in contact with the police regardless of the situation?

Now it's hard to find fast and hard stats, but you seem to lu,p any death caused by police as an innocent. If that's the case my comment stands. The cops should just walk away.

My Ride
    You Crazy

What's cool is that last year, in Utah, cops murdered more people than did the gangs.

Yeah. Let's blame the victims.

She was drunk.
    Her skirt was too short....

Fucking wankers.

Which part? Tell me how it is, im open to changing my opinion. Im only working with the info I have.

I can produce the numbers I quoted and a zillion headlines where police and others say the cops "followed policy".

help me out.
    When I'm not on an iPhone I'll happily do that for you.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

Originally posted by FraserB
    The NY coroner stated that his significant pre-existing medical issues directly contributed to his death.
    You mean the fact he was morbidly obese among other issues might have played a factor? Shocker

Anybody who's watched one episode of Cops knows the second that some asshat yells "I can't breath" and the officers loosen up their grip the clown tries to run away. I imagine Toma is suggesting officers have cuddled him into submission, maybe butterfly kisses till he drifted off to never never land

With this guys record there's a pretty good chance his life was gonna end at the hand of another thug, an officer, or the next cheese burger. I fail to see how this is news worthy. Shitty human got to act shitty one last time, everyone move along.
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

Originally posted by spikerS

Yeah, they riot when their football or hockey team loses
    Last edited by gatorade; 12-03-2014 at 11:17 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Model S

Wow, anything to blame the victim around here, huh?

A city medical examiner found that the 43-year-old Garner was killed by neck compression from the chokehold along with “the compression of his chest and prone positioning during physical restraint by police”. Asthma, heart disease and obesity were contributing factors.
    The medical examiner did in fact rule that the cause of death was exactly what the cops did. It's not murder, but it is manslaughter.

Also, chokeholds are explicitly banned by NYPD policy, so it wasn't a case of "following policy" gone wrong. It was a case of violating policy leading to negligence causing death. The cop was stripped of his gun and badge for this, which should tell you something about whether or not it was legitimate, and others involved were suspended without pay, including EMTs who failed to provide CPR. Any EMT would have known that he needed medical attention, but instead chose to let him die. That's also a failure.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...269396151.html
    Medical Examiner Rules Eric Garner's Death a Homicide, Says He Was Killed By Chokehold

Since some derps want to make the ridiculous assertion that he deserved it for his past charges, let's see what other BS that cop was busted doing:

We are talking, John, about Officer Daniel Pantaleo. And we don't see anything in his history that as extreme as a chokehold like we saw in this case, but we did check the court records, and within the last two years there were three cases where he was sued. Three men accusing him of unlawful racially motivated arrests. Now in one case he and some other officers were -- they took part in a humiliating -- a very humiliating strip search right on the street. They asked these two black men to take their pants down, their underwear down, they made them squat on the street, they made them cough on the street, they took him in overnight, and the charges were later dismissed. Those men actually sued the city and the city actually settled with those men earlier this year.
    Yeah, shut up and do what the cops say, right?

My Ride
    You Crazy

Well, I don't expect anything to come of it, but....

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30323750

The US justice department is to launch a civil rights investigation into the death of Eric Garner, a black man who was placed in an apparent chokehold by a white New York police officer.
    But what stuns me, is the simple question...... HOW THE FUCK did we allow these fucking neanderthal "might is right" cocksuckers to take over? Complacency? Laziness? Shit parenting since women/mothers had to go to work in the early 80's? Too busy running the treadmill of life to notice this infestation?

Staggering.

Originally posted by googe
    Since some derps want to make the ridiculous assertion that he deserved it for his past charges, let's see what other BS that cop was busted doing:
    I'll amend my statement then. A shitty human got to act shitty one last time in front of a shitty Cop and got a concrete sandwich as his las meal. I could not care less. No different than if I find out some habitually shitty, corrupt, racist officer gets lit up while acting shitty, corrupt or racist.

Now should there have been an indictment? Sure why not, I'm just saying I don't care the guy is dead.
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast