Quantcast
Dumbest RHD imports - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dumbest RHD imports

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

RHD JDM BMW's are by far the stupidest

I am genuinely surprised by all the hate for rhd and/or jdm here. It seems to be a 100% polarized topic. Either they are the best cars in the world or they are rusted out shit buckets with a cutout in the ceiling to accommodate frosted tips...

I think they are pretty dumb but i thought i was more of a minority...
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

You can't buy a USDM/CDM R32 GTR. I guarantee you; the guy who takes pride in, and takes care of his GTR/pride and joy, will spend more and have a better cared for car then 99% of the CDM/USDM cars here.
    Of course there are beat pieces of cheap crap that come across the pond. Then again, those same counter parts exist here. There are tons (literally) of rusty beat uncared for “teen” cars.
    There are legit reasons for wanting to own a JDM car. Not all of us are poor, or do so to be "baller".

For you to demonize and put down an entire subset of cars is both aggravatingly shortsighted but also really indicative of your shallow personality. I don’t drive/own my JDM "piece of crap" because I need it to show off to people I dont care about. I could have bought an E92M3 with the cash I have into my GTR. I bought 80% of what I have today within a month in cash. It was a question of getting what I wanted, not what I can afford. Before you say “That’s stupid, should have bought a bmw” I don’t want a piece of shit bmw that can’t handle or deliver power the way I want it to be.

I enjoy and take pride in meticulously maintaining and fastidiously modifying my gtr. Every so often (once a season, maybe twice) I pull the engine, rebuild it and then swap on my single turbo T04R GReddy kit, or go back to my 2535R twins. I have 2 spare RB's that are in stages of being built for different applications. One is going to be a 2.825L 860HP engine ready for when the badlands track is. I have a 6spd dogbox on order. The other I am slowly building a full tomei 11K reving engine with all the little oiling issues fixed. I am having the #6 injector custom made to offer a little more flow so #6 doesnt run lean like they do on stock rb's. I have already had the head machined and the coolant issue fixed with custom mounts to bring the highest point back to the rad. I have fixed all the small issues like they did with the race GTR’s. I love this car to bits. More then an r34. Its my all time favorite car. One day I will buy an F355 and go through the same meticulous and loving process. It will likely be imported from another country too.

You see, GTR's are not some fad car for me. I am approaching 30 and I adore this car. I have for the last 8 years of my life. All my “hobby” time goes towards it. My gf may not like it, but it is my obsession, It is my love.

I have tools, a lift and a garage full of parts. You name it, I have it.
    I also built a winter beater. Its awd has heated leather seats and a webasto circulating coolant heater from a diesel. It blows hot on command. Its comfy and reliable. Does it matter to me that its “worth” more then my beloved GTR (if it were stock and I was willing to let it go for that price range)?

My winter car is a CDM car. It was in much worse mechanical repair when I bought it then my GTR was. It had only 65xxx on it (winter car). It was a CPO vehicle (haha).

Just because some kids that own examples that are not pristine, doesn’t mean all of our cars suck.
    Last edited by R154; 12-05-2014 at 09:36 AM.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My comments were directed towards type_s1. Not you Killramos. I <3 Killramos.
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

Default Ha

Alas the yearly debate has snuck up into the forum again.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by R154
    My comments were directed towards type_s1. Not you Killramos. I &lt;3 Killramos.
    Lol Awww...

You clearly started that post before i even posted so

I could definitely see how that could come off badly towards me though lol

Funny coincidence.

The one that i don't get is that these cars are in any way shape or form associated with being a baller. Even as a budget baller.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I enjoy and take pride in meticulously maintaining and fastidiously modifying my gtr. Every so often (once a season, maybe twice) I pull the engine, rebuild it and then swap on my single turbo T04R GReddy kit, or go back to my 2535R twins. I have 2 spare RB's that are in stages of being built for different applications. One is going to be a 2.825L 860HP engine ready for when the badlands track is. I have a 6spd dogbox on order. The other I am slowly building a full tomei 11K reving engine with all the little oiling issues fixed. I am having the #6 injector custom made to offer a little more flow so #6 doesnt run lean like they do on stock rb's. I have already had the head machined and the coolant issue fixed with custom mounts to bring the highest point back to the rad. I have fixed all the small issues like they did with the race GTR’s. I love this car to bits. More then an r34. Its my all time favorite car.
    Derailing here, but jesus, do you have a build thread on this? I'd like to check this out.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    W204

LOL the point of the thread was about landed cars you see on the street that makes no sense to import.. I am not a big fan of RHD but I can definitely see why people would want to import certain cars. I didn't start this thread to bash all RHD JDM's. What IS cool is seeing cars that I would have never thought I'd see on the street.

Another dumb import - all those 1st and 2nd gen HiLux surf's (AKA 4Runner) that run the turbo diesel. I've not seen a single one that is actually pristine. All are rusted to shit and spewing black fumes..
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

Originally posted by clem24
    LOL the point of the thread was about landed cars you see on the street that makes no sense to import.. I am not a big fan of RHD but I can definitely see why people would want to import certain cars. I didn't start this thread to bash all RHD JDM's. What IS cool is seeing cars that I would have never thought I'd see on the street.

Another dumb import - all those 1st and 2nd gen HiLux surf's (AKA 4Runner) that run the turbo diesel. I've not seen a single one that is actually pristine. All are rusted to shit and spewing black fumes..
    I always wanted a diesel landcruiser... always

but with what I've seen from imported 80 series... for the price, parts availablity and milage/condition... I stayed away

For me, no point to pay $20k for a 15 year old SUV, even with low k, that when breaks down, can take onwards of a month to source parts.

I just said eff it...new trucks have more capabilities, power and safety features.

Rage, I am in the process of writing things up and documenting. I will publish it over christmas. Stay tuned!!

Join me.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Join me.

My Ride
    Horse

Originally posted by soloracer
    I saw a RHD first generation Miata. I remember thinking &quot;For the love of god, why? How cheap do you have to be to buy one of those to save money? What is a LHD one worth? $500?&quot;
    I also thought it was dumb. Some people imported automatic ones

Japan does get more powerful and special edition Miata's that you can't get here. I'd try and import a 10AE for autocross seeing as they're hard to find here now. Really want an NB Coupe though

My Ride
    EG6

What's the profit % on importing cars? I see 98 legacy tt for almost 10 grand, cool car but way to rich for my blood.
    If you get angry at my post please re-read as a joke or sarcasm.

My Ride
    Hondas

You can't buy a USDM/CDM R32 GTR. I guarantee you; the guy who takes pride in, and takes care of his GTR/pride and joy, will spend more and have a better cared for car then 99% of the CDM/USDM cars here.
    Of course there are beat pieces of cheap crap that come across the pond. Then again, those same counter parts exist here. There are tons (literally) of rusty beat uncared for “teen” cars.
    There are legit reasons for wanting to own a JDM car. Not all of us are poor, or do so to be &quot;baller&quot;.

For you to demonize and put down an entire subset of cars is both aggravatingly shortsighted but also really indicative of your shallow personality. I don’t drive/own my JDM &quot;piece of crap&quot; because I need it to show off to people I dont care about. I could have bought an E92M3 with the cash I have into my GTR. I bought 80% of what I have today within a month in cash. It was a question of getting what I wanted, not what I can afford. Before you say “That’s stupid, should have bought a bmw” I don’t want a piece of shit bmw that can’t handle or deliver power the way I want it to be.

I enjoy and take pride in meticulously maintaining and fastidiously modifying my gtr. Every so often (once a season, maybe twice) I pull the engine, rebuild it and then swap on my single turbo T04R GReddy kit, or go back to my 2535R twins. I have 2 spare RB's that are in stages of being built for different applications. One is going to be a 2.825L 860HP engine ready for when the badlands track is. I have a 6spd dogbox on order. The other I am slowly building a full tomei 11K reving engine with all the little oiling issues fixed. I am having the #6 injector custom made to offer a little more flow so #6 doesnt run lean like they do on stock rb's. I have already had the head machined and the coolant issue fixed with custom mounts to bring the highest point back to the rad. I have fixed all the small issues like they did with the race GTR’s. I love this car to bits. More then an r34. Its my all time favorite car. One day I will buy an F355 and go through the same meticulous and loving process. It will likely be imported from another country too.

You see, GTR's are not some fad car for me. I am approaching 30 and I adore this car. I have for the last 8 years of my life. All my “hobby” time goes towards it. My gf may not like it, but it is my obsession, It is my love.

I have tools, a lift and a garage full of parts. You name it, I have it.
    I also built a winter beater. Its awd has heated leather seats and a webasto circulating coolant heater from a diesel. It blows hot on command. Its comfy and reliable. Does it matter to me that its “worth” more then my beloved GTR (if it were stock and I was willing to let it go for that price range)?

My winter car is a CDM car. It was in much worse mechanical repair when I bought it then my GTR was. It had only 65xxx on it (winter car). It was a CPO vehicle (haha).

Just because some kids that own examples that are not pristine, doesn’t mean all of our cars suck.
    After reading this, I was so awestruck that I completely forgot what the thread was about, and now all I care about is your forthcoming build thread.

Sweet mother of god.

My Ride
    Nothing

Originally posted by 89s1

After reading this, I was so awestruck that I completely forgot what the thread was about, and now all I care about is your forthcoming build thread.

Sweet mother of god.
    Is this thread now about who owns the coolest RHD vehicle?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Horse

Make that build thread!

^well we need such a thread to balance all the hate.

My Ride
    Wankels!

Originally posted by Fly Fishin'
    What's the profit % on importing cars? I see 98 legacy tt for almost 10 grand, cool car but way to rich for my blood.
    Or you can import your own Grade 4 Legacy twin turbo GTB wagon for ~5-6k. This is the one car that is worthless at auction and people like to ask 10k once landed I have seen decent examples sell for $1k at auction (+ship+duties+OOP).

My Ride
    EG6

Ok so about 40% ish return on a best case scenario.
    If you get angry at my post please re-read as a joke or sarcasm.

My Ride
    944 535xi F250

saw a rhd BMW 318i E30

makes no sense on any level
    ninja trainers motto

always be able to kill your students

Personally I dislike all of them.

We had a customer who imported a 1998 540i from Japan, but it was a LHD. Mint condition, like 20,000km on it. Engine bay looked like a car fresh off the assembly line. So beautiful.

My buddy has a LHD MB 400E with like 45,000km that came from Japan. So fresh, so clean.

I wish there were more LHD S14 Kouki's around, those things are tough to find and sometimes it's just easier to find a RHD one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast