Quantcast
Honda Accord door lock issue - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Honda Accord door lock issue

My Ride
    Blue boy

Default Honda Accord door lock issue

I have a 7th gen accord with power door locks. The doors will unlock via the switch but they will not lock. I can only lock them manually (1 by 1). Looked online and in the FSM, all pointed to actuator. Changed actuator, no dice. Anyone else have this problem? Could it be the multiplex?

My Ride
    jdm b18c

Is one of your door lock switch faulty?? Maybe the computer thinks one of the door is open hence why u can't lock it or maybe the fob is no good.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Blue boy

Originally posted by top_speed
    Is one of your door lock switch faulty?? Maybe the computer thinks one of the door is open hence why u can't lock it or maybe the fob is no good.
    The door switches seem to work, when doors are opened the dome light comes on as it should and goes off when doors are shut. The fob and lock button on front doors will both unlock all doors but wont lock the door. if I put the key in the drivers door and lock it, only the drivers door will lock.

Strange issue. I don't know that I have much to add, but did you push in the connectors firmly? I have no idea why it would unlock but not lock!

Check for broken wires on drivers door jamb, the boot where the wires pass thru.

Check voltage on the plug going into the solenoid. It can be tough to get a good reading but when you activate the door lock assembly, you should get a blip up to 12V. Activate it in both directions. Voltage should be the same everytime. This should circumvent checking the boot for broken wires. Which is a pain at best.

Also did you test the solenoid without having a door lock assembly hooked to it? Possibly it's dying too and just not giving enough to push the assembly.

Next step if these check out is to see what's hanging up on the lock assembly. Something is seized and needs to be cleaned and greased.

Yes, the door lock assembly can have a tougher time going one way versus another.

Look into the ground points for this after the above doesn't work out.
    Last edited by mr2mike; 12-09-2014 at 10:17 AM.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Originally posted by mr2mike
    Check voltage on the plug going into the solenoid. It can be tough to get a good reading but when you activate the door lock assembly, you should get a blip up to 12V. Activate it in both directions. Voltage should be the same everytime. This should circumvent checking the boot for broken wires. Which is a pain at best.

Also did you test the solenoid without having a door lock assembly hooked to it? Possibly it's dying too and just not giving enough to push the assembly.

Next step if these check out is to see what's hanging up on the lock assembly. Something is seized and needs to be cleaned and greased.

Yes, the door lock assembly can have a tougher time going one way versus another.

Look into the ground points for this after the above doesn't work out.
    Is the solenoid AKA the actuator? Possible I got a bad one off the shelf?

Replying a month late but yes the solenoid is the actuator.

You shoul still be able to run 12V to the poles on it and blip it and see what happens. Should move. If not, it's bad.

I've also seen them only move part way. Or move just in one direction for some weird way.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Replaced the actuator and it didn't work. It started working by itself 2 weeks later. Weird things going on. Now when you start the car the doors automatically lock. I ordered a new multiplex control unit so will change that when i get a chance to, hopefully that fixes it 100%.

Yeah sounds like you're chasing some gremlins now. Clean any ground points under dash when you replace the multiplex.

My Ride
    Blue boy

If anyone else has this issue, I had an Intermittent open in Wht/Blk wire that runs between the driver's door lock knob switch and the driver's door multiplex control unit (MCU). What’s going on is the multiplex control unit
    "thinks" the driver’s door is locked. To try and restore the unlock signal, the system unlocks the door twice. The system then goes back to its default position by locking the doors.

Brutal. Hope that busted wire was easy to see. Usually they're not.