Quantcast
It's 7:25am and approaching a school zone - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: It's 7:25am and approaching a school zone

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by Phihalo

No, Schoolzones signs are Blue, Playgounds are Yellow. Unless they've updated your neighborhood with something completely new
    There was some legislation being debated allowing schools to have the signs converted to playground i believe. I don't know what came up it.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Next year each school will be able to choose between school zone or playground.

What's this about blue school signs? I've never seen that in calgary.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    IS350

if it was 7:25 I would assume the cops are already somewhere up ahead setting up their speed trap so I'd prob be going 30 too.

Originally posted by killramos
    There was some legislation being debated allowing schools to have the signs converted to playground i believe. I don't know what came up it.
    Some answers here - link.

And from that CoC web site...
    5. I would like a Playground Zone or School Zone in my area, how can I get one?
    Requests for school zones must be made in writing from the School's Principal, and agreed to in writing by the Local Community Association and Councillor. It is possible to request a playground zone sign for spaces with City-approved playground equipment.
    So does this mean that there's been a whole bunch of over zealous school principals over the years with the exception of that noted school on Southland drive (from another thread)? And does this mean that a principal could un-request a school zone or a portion of a school zone? Could a playground zone be un-requested or reduced in size by a request?

My Ride
    G6

Originally posted by Stephen81
    if it was 7:25 I would assume the cops are already somewhere up ahead setting up their speed trap so I'd prob be going 30 too.
    Why? Legal limit is 50. Your statement equates to doing 90 on Highway 1 because cops ahead might be trying to catch guys doing 130...

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

No, Schoolzones signs are Blue, Playgounds are Yellow. Unless they've updated your neighborhood with something completely new
    Schoolzones are still yellow in my hood.

My Ride
    Hybrid

Originally posted by killramos

I seem to recall from the playground zone time change megathread that the CBE is lobbying to convert all school zones to playground zones as the next step. Too lazy to dig it up though.

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    What's this about blue school signs? I've never seen that in calgary.

Originally posted by firebane
    Schoolzones are still yellow in my hood.
    They used to be blue maybe 15-20 years ago
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Thanks for the entertainment, it was just a small rant, nothing worth debating over. On a related note, can we have a subtopic where we can bitch and rant all we want? I want to see Dave on there
    The moment when OP would like to save face.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Default Re: It's 7:25am and approaching a school zone

The car in front of me slammed the brakes and start to crawl at 30km/hr. Seeing that there's couple more minutes till the schoolzone kicks in, I drove around him at 50km/hr and he honked and continued to flash his high beams at me. I was so ready to get out of the car and tell him to go pound sand and learn how to read a sign and his damn clock... I'm usually a pretty calm guy but this pisses me off. I'm not in the wrong but getting accused of doing something wrong when I'm right... i mean WTF ppl /rant
    How are you right? The driver was a tool for doing 30 5 minutes before the required time, and you were a douche for passing him in a school zone acting like a cock.

If this is what pisses you off dude I'd hate to see you when something actually goes wrong...

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Really? To my understanding the blue signs indicate that it's a school area...as an informational sign, and the yellowish-green ones are the school zone signs and have the times/speeds attached to them. So, if you're wrong about the color of the signs here in alberta, maybe you were wrong about the time too?

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Should have rammed the inconsiderate asshole. That would have taught him.

My Ride
    A fat car

Default Re: Re: It's 7:25am and approaching a school zone

Originally posted by A790

How are you right? The driver was a tool for doing 30 5 minutes before the required time, and you were a douche for passing him in a school zone acting like a cock.

If this is what pisses you off dude I'd hate to see you when something actually goes wrong...
    I passed on a double lane (not a single lane) and no I'm not speeding, i'm just keeping speed at 50km/hr before the school zone starts.

As I said before, this is like a one time thing, I'm not pissed at him for doing 30km/hr, I'm just pissed that I got honked and high beamed for doing what the law says. Anyway, just a small rant and thought I'd get it off my chest, guess you guys are taking this a bit too seriously. If I honked him and then act like a douche and passed him and rant about it, then I deserve for being called a douche, but I didn't.

It's kinda the same like I'm driving on Deerfoot at 80km/hr and see you passed me on the left lane at 100km/hr and honked and highbeamed you. Would you give me the WTF look? I would.
    Last edited by Phihalo; 12-09-2014 at 03:09 PM.

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

5 minutes early? You should have got out of your car and shot him.
    Vettel's #1

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Those blue signs were phased out in Alberta years ago. Both school and playground zones are yellow.

I thought I heard something about another city changing all school zones into playground zones, but that hasn't happened in Calgary.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Default Re: Re: Re: It's 7:25am and approaching a school zone

I passed on a double lane (not a single lane) and no I'm not speeding, i'm just keeping speed at 50km/hr before the school zone starts.

As I said before, this is like a one time thing, I'm not pissed at him for doing 30km/hr, I'm just pissed that I got honked and high beamed for doing what the law says. Anyway, just a small rant and thought I'd get it off my chest, guess you guys are taking this a bit too seriously. If I honked him and then act like a douche and passed him and rant about it, then I deserve for being called a douche, but I didn't.

It's kinda the same like I'm driving on Deerfoot at 80km/hr and see you passed me on the left lane at 100km/hr and honked and highbeamed you. Would you give me the WTF look? I would.
    I actually see where you're going on this. At first I thought you roared around the guy, in a single lane, passing him on the yellow line. But, yeah, if you just drove past him doing the limit in the second lane, and then he freaks out on you, thinking you're passing and speeding in a school zone. I would've hoped for a red light, rolled down my window and said "btw...what time is it?"

I often pass vehicles in a two lane school zone doing 30 on the weekend. I just go right on by at 50+ but I've never had anyone freak out on me.
    Last edited by C_Dave45; 12-09-2014 at 03:15 PM.

My Ride
    G37X

People need to wake the fuck up before they get into their little pods and drive to work.

I'm on the road 615-620 a.m. ish cruising Elbow Drive at a scant 60 km/hr. I don't care if the sign says 40 km/hr. At 6 a.m. , there is no reason why it should be that slow. Besides keeping Calgary's elite sound asleep until 8

I've gotten high beam flashed or honked at when I pass some turtle on my way in to work. I look at it as: I'm going to spend 45 minutes puttering along in rush hour coming back. If I want to speed a little now, I'm going to. And I'm a courteous asshole, I always signal and only break the tires loose if someone is trying to play road block cop at 6 AM.

School/playground zones I will obey to the letter of the law. Rich people elbow drive special speed signs? LOL

Stay in the right lane if you want to crawl to work that's my rant.

My Ride
    Horse

Ugh. Same thing happened to me on Halloween. It was a P.D. day so no school and it said so on the giant board the school has by the road. So I was approaching the school zone dropped to 30, saw the sign, went back up to 50 km/h like I would do on any weekend when this gorgeous blue Alpina B7 drops it down to 30 km/h. I was in a rush to get to the dealer before they closed so I made a lane change and passed him, guy pulled up beside me later and started yelling at me about how the, "school zone is every f***ing day buddy!" I just shrugged it off and went on my way. Figured he must work up north if reading is too tough for him.

My Ride
    Its Quick

Road rage in a school zone........that woulda been a good ticket no matter what time it was if CPS was around......

My Ride
    W204

These school zones in the dead of winter is just fucking stupid.

I also noticed one thing: 95% of drivers do NOT slow down for them (school/playground zones) as soon as it's dark out. New laws are basically meaningless (and stupid).
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

i actually got pulled over one time for passing in a playground zone, i was on my way to the stampede for free before 9 sunday, and on my way down 9th ave, some guy was doing 30, it was still like half hour before the zone was in effect, so i passed him (2 lanes) next i see the flashing red and blue in my back window, cop comes up "did you know you cant pass in playground zones" i just said "oh, i thought that was only when they were in effect" he goes back to his bike, realises i am right and comes back "i'll let you off this time, but next time please make sure you know you cant pass in a playground zone"

i lol'd and went on my way.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast