Quantcast
Sony Pictures Hacking - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony Pictures Hacking

Default Sony Pictures Hacking

NEW YORK -- The blow that the hacking attack has dealt Sony is spreading beyond the entertainment corporation itself to theatre chains and movie goers alike. And the financial toll is adding up too.

Threats of violence against movie theatres. The New York premiere of "The Interview" cancelled. Leaks of thousands more private emails. Lawsuits by former employees that could cost tens of millions in damages.

The fallout from the Sony Pictures Entertainment hack that began four weeks ago exploded Tuesday after the shadowy group calling themselves Guardians of Peace escalated their attack beyond corporate espionage and threatened moviegoers with violence reminiscent of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/sony-...film-1.2151349

Brutal. Sony is considering pulling the movie. We look down at other parts of the world stuggling for freedom but we live in a world where a comedic satire might not be released due to threats of violence.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

In my opinion, the movie premise is in poor taste.

I'm all for free speech and everything, but who's great idea was it to take potentially the most volatile relationship to the USA and build a movie around that?

I guess it isn't that much different than all the 80's movies representing USA vs Russia.....

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

They released Team America and had no issues though.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Threatening 9/11-type attacks on theaters is, by definition, terrorism. If NK really is behind these threats, does that give US reason to implement a regime change? I'm pretty sure they could take NK within 3 days and give it back to SK.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-12-2019 at 01:17 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    I didn't have much interest in the movie... but now this just makes me want to see it
    When I first heard about the hackings, I thought it might be a slick advertising campaign

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

Originally posted by FixedGear
    Threatening 9/11-type attacks on theaters is, by definition, terrorism. If NK really is behind these threats, does that give US reason to implement a regime change? I'm pretty sure they could take NK within 3 days and give it back to SK.
    But NK has strong ties to China who is friendly with Russia. You'd end up with a WWI-like situation.
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

I really hope that they don't fold completely and pull the movie; would send a strong message that these kinds of threats are effective.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

NK is completely untouchable which people who don't understand the situation always undermine.

Everyone knows what it would take to eliminate North Korea from being a problem:

Millions of Korean lives. Actually Millions.

The entirety of the border is covered in hidden missile and artillery installations that are always manned. Always pointed at major population centers. And exist in such qualities that a significant portion of them couldn't be instantly eliminated in the event of war.

Seoul is within range of these long range weapons systems, and if the North Koreans get a big enough sniff of trouble coming they will level the city and anything else they can fire upon.

There was never a debate the the south couldn't destroy the North. The cost of both South and innocent North Korean lives is the problem. That's why the North gets away with their shit. They cant be touched.

Then there is the whole china-russia ally situation. Its never going to happen. They are only going away if they implode. Which the americans have actually been doing a decent job of instigating for decades.

edit:

light reading on the concept http://www.businessinsider.com/map-o...rs-2010-5?op=1
    Last edited by killramos; 12-17-2014 at 02:22 PM.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

They should just leak it to the internet as another hack...let everyone see it for free

Originally posted by ga16i

But NK has strong ties to China who is friendly with Russia. You'd end up with a WWI-like situation.
    It was a joke, although it would be interesting as China clearly has stronger ties to US than NK.

My Ride
    14 fit, 11 Ridgeline, 12 outlander

Welp its official

Cineplex
    17 mins ·

After careful consideration of this unprecedented and complex situation, Cineplex Entertainment will postpone presentation of the Sony Pictures movie, The Interview. Cineplex takes seriously its commitment to the freedom of artistic expression, but we want to reassure our guests and staff that their safety and security is our number one priority. We look forward to a time when this situation is resolved and those responsible are apprehended.

Lesson learned, in today's society if you dont like something post 9/11 style threats until it goes away....
    Originally posted by Unknown303
    Everything makes me upset.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    Nonsense. You've all got slanty eyes, play Starcraft, speak Chinese and eat nothing but sushi and ginger beef.

DON'T TRY AND CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE

My Ride

It was a joke, although it would be interesting as China clearly has stronger ties to US than NK.
    Yeah, China's reaction would be interesting if it ever came to that point.
    They're obligated to jump in if NK gets attacked. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-No...endship_Treaty

But they love US money. But US supports Taiwan which China does not like too much. US also currently supports Japan and vice versa. China and Japan just has a deeply entrenched hate on for each other since who knows when, but currently tolerates each other.
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

China and Japan just has a deeply entrenched hate on for each other since who knows when
    Might have something to do with this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanking_Massacre

My Ride

Originally posted by killramos

Definitely a part of it, but like that article mentions, that's part of the Second Sino-Japanese War. There's bad blood before that, maybe even hundreds of years worth.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Japan

After having united Japan, Hideyoshi launched the conquest of China's Ming Dynasty by way of Korea. However, after two unsuccessful campaigns towards the allied forces of Korea and China and his death, his forces returned to Japan in 1598 (the Bunroku-Keichō War).

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by killramos

Pacific Rim countries have been at each others' throats since long, long before Nanking. China and Japan had a particular habit of invading each other and the mutual dislike is deeply ingrained.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Reminds me of death threats against the South Park team:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Best_Friends

For this:

Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Pacific Rim countries have been at each others' throats since long, long before Nanking. China and Japan had a particular habit of invading each other and the mutual dislike is deeply ingrained.
    Fair enough. Shall we call nanking icing on the cake

My Ride

Right... somewhat back to the original topic... IF North Korea is actually behind all this, things can get pretty interesting real quick. So far, I believe North Korea has denied responsibility.
    Last edited by ga16i; 12-17-2014 at 03:55 PM.

This would never happen but even if it did I doubt China would put up much of a fight. NK is like their wild and misbehaving little brother who's been cruisin for a bruisin.

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

I don't remember China ever invading Japan. Japan has been the aggressor in recent history and basically tried to colonize China.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast