Quantcast
Nurburgring Car Rentals - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Nurburgring Car Rentals

My Ride
    Sentra spec5-T

Default Nurburgring Car Rentals

Has anyone been to the Nurburgring and rented a car to take on the track there?

I have been doing a bit of research but there are a lot of places that offer the service. If anyone has;
    -Where did you rent from,
    -What car, -
    -For how long (how many laps)
    -How was the experience?

For those of you that have not been there what car/cars would you rent to drive on the track and why?

If I only try one car I would like it to be RWD but the way I would like to go about it is start with a fast FWD car then a moderately powered RWD car and finally a fast RWD car.

Thanks.

-Where did you rent from,
    RENT4RING
    -What car, Suzuki Swift Stage 2

-For how long (how many laps) 2 laps
    -How was the experience? Excellent.

I was like you, all for getting RWD and higher HP. After driving the Swift, the car handles better than most vehicles you've probably ever owned.

The track has the 1 straight away. It's broken up as the entrance and exit to the track.
    I'd say 90% of your time is spent in setting up for corners or entering corners. Planning the next corner, watching for guys in Porsches passing you.

Not knowing the course and being your first time on it. You get anything in the 300hp range and you'll tag the wall.

You can really push the Swift and get the car drifting and sliding. I figured, less power, I wouldn't hit the wall and cheaper car, not worried on writing it off.

I'm sure if you talk to the guys there, if you are really unhappy with the Swift, they'll let you take another vehicle for lap 2.

Rules are strict and you must follow them.
    Be honest, you're not there to set the next best lap time. If you are, you'll be sadly mistaken. You're there for the experience.

Thant being said... don't take a taxi around the ring. Be a man.

Town is great and nice ambiance. Loved sitting on patio just listening to the cars go by while eating dinner. Also you'll see some unbelievable cars coasting through town.
    Last edited by mr2mike; 12-17-2014 at 05:07 PM.

My Ride
    Horse

^Isn't the ring taxi driven by Sabine Schmitz? How can you not take that if given the opportunity. Sure I'd want to get laps in but driving around the ring with or Horst von Saurma would be awesome for sure.

My Ride
    Sentra spec5-T

Originally posted by mr2mike
    Not knowing the course and being your first time on it. You get anything in the 300hp range and you'll tag the wall.

Rules are strict and you must follow them.
    Be honest, you're not there to set the next best lap time. If you are, you'll be sadly mistaken. You're there for the experience.

Thant being said... don't take a taxi around the ring. Be a man.

Town is great and nice ambiance. Loved sitting on patio just listening to the cars go by while eating dinner. Also you'll see some unbelievable cars coasting through town.
    Thanks for the reply.

I am familiar with the track but only from video games so I sort of know it.

I used to own an E46 M3 so I would really like to rent one of those and see how it performs on a real track not just autocross.

I had no plans on taking the taxi around the ring, being a passenger in a car, even one being driven well and quickly does not appeal to me at all.

I hope the video game Nurburgring you are familiar with isn't the ring from Forza.
    If so, might be best to forget it all completely.

My Ride
    Has either 2 or 4 wheels

Paging Sorath
    Signature..... I ate it!!

My Ride
    QX80,SL600, Utopia 205SE

Frankfurt Airport

C Class Estate
    Ford Focus Estate
    Renault Megane Convertible

About 3 laps for each. Remember it's not a 2 minute lap.

White knuckle the first few times. Then you get used to the pace/traffic.

It can get busy on weekends. Especially when every 18 year old comes in from other countries to go around the track. Not much room for error and if you wipe out you will end up paying the repair bill for the car and the track barriers.

Make the effort to go but also spend time on the autobahn which I found you can go faster for longer periods of time without the same worry of hitting or getting hit by other drivers.

You do not need a fast car.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Originally posted by Phuqu
    [B]Frankfurt Airport

C Class Estate
    Ford Focus Estate
    Renault Megane Convertible
    Do not take a rental on the ring from the airport. You will have no insurance and the car will not be prepped for the track.
    Use one of the many rental services available and get a car that is properly prepped with safety equipment. Most places rent cars with cages, race tires and brakes.
    When I was looking at it, the rental place suggested starting with the Megane RS (full race prep) and then move to the M3 CRT.
    The M3 is a full race car, and the owner warned that if crashed, insurance only covers the first $40,000 in damage.
    Read the fine print in the rental contract and know that you are responsible for all damage to property and other cars if you wreck.

Have fun

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

mr2mike: How much did you pay?

Phuqu: You actually took a rental car on the ring?

SkiBum5.0: Is that a standard agreement for all the places that rent a car for the ring? Any places that would cover everything in the event of a wreck?

I'm doing a small Euro trip this summer to see the Belgium F1 and was planning on hitting the Nurburgring as well.

My Ride
    QX80,SL600, Utopia 205SE

Take a rental on the track. I've done it every time I visit.

The Nurburgring is a 'toll' road. Some rental companies do not enjoy there cars on the track. Others don't mind.

If i doubt ask. Even some of the 'race' car waivers still have you on the hook for damages.

If this makes you worry just stick to the autobahn.

You do not need a prepped car for the track.

If you go to set the fastest lap you are asking for trouble.

Go and enjoy some spirited driving. Drive within your limits and you will be fine.

When I've been there I've maybe pushed the car to 75% of it's limit for a normal car and it's still a great experience and a huge rush.

If you are an adrenaline junkie it's not to be missed. Rental car or not. Do what you find acceptable for risk.
    Last edited by Phuqu; 12-19-2014 at 01:30 AM.