Quantcast
Motorcycle Transport - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Motorcycle Transport

Default Motorcycle Transport

Would like to ask everyone here is they have transported a vehicle from one province to another and if so if they could recommend someone. Also the cost if you remember would be great

Looking to ship a motorcycle from Calgary to Vancouver.

Thank You

My Ride
    Harley Nightster

I have myself with a buddies trailer from BC to Calgary. If you want to ship a bike, try the Uship.com service and put up an auction.

Extend the time from like now to a month (make sure to do this), and you will have those guys bidding against themselves who can get lower. I have used this service for another bike that I had shipped from Montreal to my doorstep for $400 to give you an idea... Got full tracking of my shipment, perfectely secure etc. and was a $$ bike.

My Ride
    V8s

Shipping motorcycles is a PITA. You have to get a crate, tie it down good enough that it would make it through a tornado, and really trust that the shipper won't put it too close to other bikes/other shit that can damage it.

Why not just take 2 days and ride it out there, and fly back? I would bet that'd be a very similar cost and you get a great ride out of the deal. I've always transported bikes this way, I know too many people who ship bikes and they come out damaged at the end of the trip. Not worth it.

Alternatively, rent a pickup truck (I'm assuming you don't have one) and drive it out yourself. 1 day there, 1 day back. Again probably cheaper than shipping, and definitely safer.

just my 2c

Originally posted by KO22
    I have myself with a buddies trailer from BC to Calgary. If you want to ship a bike, try the Uship.com service and put up an auction.

Extend the time from like now to a month (make sure to do this), and you will have those guys bidding against themselves who can get lower. I have used this service for another bike that I had shipped from Montreal to my doorstep for $400 to give you an idea... Got full tracking of my shipment, perfectely secure etc. and was a $$ bike.
    I have it up on uship but thank you for the heads up on the shipping time frame. Also thank you for the price it cost you, gives me a rough idea of what I should be paying