Quantcast
Can I port my Virgin Mobile 35¢ / minute plan Phone Number to WIND Mobile? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Can I port my Virgin Mobile 35¢ / minute plan Phone Number to WIND Mobile?

My Ride
    '98.5 BMW 328is

Default Can I port my Virgin Mobile 35¢ / minute plan Phone Number to WIND Mobile?

I'd like to buy my first smart phone and start a plan with WIND Mobile.

I have a number with Virgin Mobile that I really like. Is it possible for me to port this number over to WIND Mobile?

Thank you.
    -Quickstrike

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

If its PAYG, it may not work. I tried transferring my wife's Telus PAYG number to Virgin a few months ago, and Telus wouldn't release it. She had to get a new one. YMMV.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by ZMan2k2
    If its PAYG, it may not work. I tried transferring my wife's Telus PAYG number to Virgin a few months ago, and Telus wouldn't release it. She had to get a new one. YMMV.
    part of all of your statement is BS.

as for porting a plan over to another carrier like the thread title suggests, no, you can't "port" a plan, only the number.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

I don't know. We called Telus, after the rep at BestBuy said he couldn't get her number, and they were adamant about not letting it go.

Could u not justr switch from payasyougo to month-to-month, and cancel right away (takes 30 days to cancel), and then port it over if u really wanted the number?

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

From the WIND site:

Can I keep my current number if I move to WIND?

No problem! Keeping your number when you move from one phone service provider (cell or home line) to another is called “porting” and it’s an easy process. Here’s how it works:

Before you cancel your existing service, request that your current number be brought over to WIND at a WIND store or through WIND Customer Care at 611 from your WIND phone or 1-877-WIND-184 (1-877-946-3184).

To make the request, you will need to have the following information about your current account at your current carrier handy (use a bill from your current carrier to ensure the information is exact so your transfer will go as quickly and smoothly as possible):

• Your phone number
    • Account number
    • Name of the account holder
    • Billing address

DO NOT cancel your current phone number – WIND will take care of that for you, when we bring your number over.

For the most part, it will take 3-5 hours to move a mobile number from your current carrier to WIND, and as soon as your number is brought over WIND will send you a text message to confirm you’re ready to go. We will also call you if there’s a problem bringing your number over to WIND.

Although it's generally an easy process to port your number to WIND, there are a few factors that might prevent it. If you've already disconnected your service with your previous carrier, for example, that number won't be yours to take with you anymore. Also, phone numbers cannot port over from one area code to another. You can change your phone number with WIND later or take new number from us. Unfortunately you can’t take a 416 Toronto number and port it to Brampton because their general area code is 905.
    Geek

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

So I am wondering if there is some fine print somewhere because I know when I was on Pay & Go if I didn't top off my account and it expired I would lose my number.

So I wonder if you only have a permanent number when your on contract and not Pay & Go.