Quantcast
Your Game of the Year 2014 - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Your Game of the Year 2014

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus
    I was watching a show about video games on Quest.

New games are being designed to give people a virtual reality to live in. The designers were saying that the human condition has moved so far from what humans actually desire, that people are becoming more invested in the virtual world than in the real one.

Future games will be infinitely expandable, so that a person can spend their lives building their virtual characters and lives.

Evidently there is a lot of money to be made in gold exchanges. Where players arrange exchanges between avatar, with an online broker taking a commission for mediating.

I can see the day, when our brains will be downloaded into our games, after we die.
    As much as I look forward to singularity so we can control machines with our minds or have brilliant minds like Stephen hawking continue on , I really wouldn't want to be stuck in day z or the forest when I die lol
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by heavyD
    Not for XB1 or PS4 which is all that really counts unless you are a PC snob. The Wii U had probably most of the best games if you are into its franchises (I'm just too old at this stage to want to play them) but the only one of those games that interested me is Bayonetta 2.
    I enjoyed titan fall as it was kind of fresh, sunset overdrive is fun, horizon 2 was awesome, drive club....just kidding. Yeah not much on consoles. Did ps4 even have anything good exclusive in 2014?

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by schocker

I enjoyed titan fall as it was kind of fresh, sunset overdrive is fun, horizon 2 was awesome, drive club....just kidding. Yeah not much on consoles. Did ps4 even have anything good exclusive in 2014?
    Don't get me wrong there were some good games in the fall like Sunset Overdrive, Shadow of Mordor, Alien Isolation but very few killer apps. IMO Dragon Age is a tripple A title that didn't disappoint but most others hyped titles were disappointing. When a Wolfenstein game is arguable the best FPS game of the year it's not been a great year for games.

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

Destiny.

Coming close to 800 hours into it.

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

My Ride
    Grimace

True, wolfenstein was really good though iirc. Still haven't got a chance to play it yet though. Mordor/Alien Isolation/Dragon Age/Wolfenstein people didn't know what to expect and they were really good.

Destiny/Unity/Watchdogs/Drive Club/Thief people were on the wall and they ended up being pretty crappy or had major issues.

Can you jump into Dragon Age Inquisition without playing the previous ones, or is it better to start at the first one?

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

Tales of xillia 1 and 2 for ps3 for those of you that are into the tales games.

My Ride
    Evo, civic

Destiny. PS all I want is a stupid Ice Breaker

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Originally posted by nagooro
    Can you jump into Dragon Age Inquisition without playing the previous ones, or is it better to start at the first one?
    There is a LOT of referential material in DA:I that talks about stuff that happened in the first two games. You can do an "interactive movie" per se when you start DA:I called "Dragon Age Keep" which will create a custom history for you to download into the game so you get major story points, but if you're willing to invest the hours, it's always better to play through yourself Keep in mind, Origins takes about 60-80 hours to finish, DA2 about 30-40, and DA:I.... I'm still going at about 45 hours played with no signs of slowing down XD
    Geek

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

This year was a huge disappointment for games I was excited for unfortunately.

My top pick would have to be Shadows of Mordor. I love the whole LOTR/Hobbit world, and this game was really good compared to anything that has involved the LOTR lore before. The nemesis system was really and some of the battles I got myself into were intense.

I've wanted to try DA:I, but can't pull the trigger on purchasing it.

Might have to try Alien Isolation after what I've read here.

Getting back into Star Wars : The Old Republic this month after the release of the new expansion in December. Will see how it holds up..

Disappointments:

AC: Unity... Even after a month or two since release this game still will not load on my PC. If anything its actually worse after the patch updates installed as I can't even get to the main menu now. I properly threw $45 in the garbage with this purchase. Fuck UBISOFT!

Because I'll never support Ubisoft again I passed on Far Cry 4. No way in hell was I giving Ubi $100 in 2 weeks. (FC released a week after AC:U) Not that I was ever a fan of that series though.

While it was released in late 2013, I expected Battlefield 4 to take up the majority of my 2014 gaming time... sadly I just couldn't get into the feel of the game.

My Ride
    2013 Scion FR-S

Played the most new, solid titles on my Wii U this year. Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros Wii U, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors (never much been into Dynasty Warriors type games, but this was a refreshing experience), etc. And not a single one of the titles had a botched/over-hyped launch. Imagine that?

If you don't think the SSB launch was overhyped then you're a filthy casual.

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

With almost 500 hours of playtime I think Destiny takes the 2014 game for me.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Destiny, I guess.

I played like 6 hours of Destiny and got bored.

No real winners for me this year unfortunately. I probably played NHL 15 the most and it wasn't very good.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Originally posted by lasimmon
    I played like 6 hours of Destiny and got bored.

No real winners for me this year unfortunately. I probably played NHL 15 the most and it wasn't very good.
    Destiny is the kind of game where you have to complete the campaign to begin unlocking what the game is all about.. If that makes sense..

You can't complete any of the raids or harder level strikes, which to me, is what makes the game fun.

My Ride
    4Runner

The Last of Us
    Hands down best story game I played

Originally posted by BavarianBeast

Destiny is the kind of game where you have to complete the campaign to begin unlocking what the game is all about.. If that makes sense..

You can't complete any of the raids or harder level strikes, which to me, is what makes the game fun.
    Except its all the same thing... With different backgrounds..

Originally posted by 403Gemini

As much as I look forward to singularity so we can control machines with our minds or have brilliant minds like Stephen hawking continue on , I really wouldn't want to be stuck in day z or the forest when I die lol
    If your mind was downloaded into a computer, and you could live in any reality you desired, what would be the difference between that and Heaven?

Except that the singularity is likely going to be real.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

I've been playing mostly Hearthstone, pretty fun game

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast