Quantcast
Zwift online cycling - Page 17 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Zwift online cycling

My Ride
    '14 Taco

The Tacx Flow saga continues. I have been doing the FTP workouts, so typically do the 10 minute warmup, pause the workout and then calibrate. Did that this morning and my calibration was off (like always). Went to tighten the botom screw, and the whole thing falls out of this tiny nut. Seems like a major design flaw. spent 45 minutes fucking around with it to get it semi-functional, however now it does not 'click' when i push down on the lever like it used to...super frustrating when getting up early for a workout and then proceed to get nothing done

suspect im gonna destroy this thing then take it back come spring.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Day 4 of week 5 was a bit of a suffer last night. Have bumped the slider ~10% on the FTP scale, but might have to do another FTP test on fresh legs and see if i'm undercutting myself.

https://whatsonzwift.com/workouts/10...r/week-5-day-4

Curious, when they're saying a workout is a SFR (slow-freq rotation..), what cadence should i be shooting for? See Week 6 day 2
    https://whatsonzwift.com/workouts/10...r/week-6-day-2
    Last edited by Brent.ff; 02-06-2018 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Curious, when they're saying a workout is a SFR (slow-freq rotation..), what cadence should i be shooting for? See Week 6 day 2
    https://whatsonzwift.com/workouts/10...r/week-6-day-2
    I've been on group workouts where it asked for around 110% ftp @ 80 rpm and 95+ rpm on rest intervals. Not sure if that counts as SFR. But that really hurt my legs :P

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Ya from what i've read, SFR is supposed to be 50-60 rpm. I'm typically around 85 rpm so still have to work on improving that

My Ride
    Macan GTS

dude the threshold workouts are always tough. they really push you

the foundation workouts i experimented with in terms of cadence. depending on how many sets there are, i would try to split my time evenly at a comfortable 80-90 cadence for several minutes, then go down to the low 60s (would really focus on the upstroke and using my hams/calves) and finally up to 100+

My Ride
    Macan GTS

hey guys so i finally did the FTP test on zwift yesterday using the tacx neo. for comparative purposes, i also was using the Xert FTP app on my garmin 520 hooked up to a left side only vector 2S pedal based power meter.

the numbers i got from these 2 inputs are totally discrepant. on the tacx neo i was 235W, the Xert app 192W. i've also noticed when doing free rides etc the vector PM readings are anywhere between 20-40W less than what is reported via zwift on the neo.

my question is - do you think this is due to an imbalance in my leg power (so that my left leg is anywhere between 10-20W weaker than my right) or is it due to some miscalibration or misreading on the vector PM? or alternatively is the zwift/neo over-reporting my wattage (this seems less likely). appreciate your feedback and things to troubleshoot. the vector firmware is totally updated, the PM is calibrated to my crank length etc and is installed correctly.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Did the step test tonight. Not super fresh so wasn’t hoping for too much (-4 performance condition according to the watch).

Final Completed Stage: 300_
    - Uncompleted Stage:325
    - Duration of Uncompleted Stage:_20

Math: 300 +(20/150)*25= 303 (MAP)
    FTP: 303*82.5% = 250.2
    20 min FTP = 262

I’ll caveat that my trainer was struggling on Erg mode so I think I got off a bit light at times. If I go off 250 that’s 3.29 w/kg, which seems a bit high.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

I have noticed discrepancies between readings from my Kickr and my single side 4iiii precision. However, the difference is fairly consistence so I wouldn't cross compare readings. I don't really care much about the actual reading. If I'm doing better than before, that's good. Whether the improvement is from 180 to 200 or from 200 to 220, it's improvement nonetheless. We are not in the Olympics, have fun and don't take it too seriously. The real test is riding outside.

I'm planning on getting dual side PM to see the difference my legs. That's more for my curiosity than winning the gold medal.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmira View Post
    I have noticed discrepancies between readings from my Kickr and my single side 4iiii precision. However, the difference is fairly consistence so I wouldn't cross compare readings. I don't really care much about the actual reading. If I'm doing better than before, that's good. Whether the improvement is from 180 to 200 or from 200 to 220, it's improvement nonetheless. We are not in the Olympics, have fun and don't take it too seriously. The real test is riding outside.

I'm planning on getting dual side PM to see the difference my legs. That's more for my curiosity than winning the gold medal.
    I'm in the same camp. Vortex reading higher than left side precision on flats. Hills are closer. That could be because I'm quite lazy on calibrating everytime. Neo reads lower than Vortex, and no calibration. I'm waiting for the upgrade price from Gen1 precision ultegra -> dual Podiiiium.

Brent... 3.29 w/kg, nice... so you're in B now. That advanced quickly.
    Last edited by ZeroGravity; 02-10-2018 at 09:57 AM.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

I’m a bit skeptical just cause my trainer was having issues with holding the higher watts for the full 2.5 minutes. I know I also didn’t pace myself on first FTP so this is probably a little better

My Ride
    Macan GTS

but how can there be such a discrepancy between measures? force is force no matter how you measure it. it's not about to trying to take it too "seriously" rather trying to come up with a way to reconcile the almost 20% difference between the numbers. in the range of 5% i would understand. what do you find the spread between your left side 4iiii and Kickr? i wonder if my vector 2S is faulty.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

My difference is about 20W. Perhaps it's a bit of body imbalance and something else. Really, it doesn't bother me too much.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    I’m a bit skeptical just cause my trainer was having issues with holding the higher watts for the full 2.5 minutes. I know I also didn’t pace myself on first FTP so this is probably a little better
    Here's the strava. As you can, erg mode working really well at 175 w (dead on), and then falls apart as it goes on and on, with not much change in cadence..not sure wtf was happening to it
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 264
Size:  19.2 KB

My Ride
    Wankels!

20w difference is quite a lot.
    On another note, just recalibrated my PRECISION after replacing the battery. I was sick earlier this week and had a soccer game on Wednesday but my power numbers seem way down. Recalibrated it again today to make sure the calibration was OK, but still seem to have a difficult time hitting my normal sustainable power numbers. I'll have to do another FTP test next week but it's possible that my last calibration was giving higher numbers than I was actually putting out

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Mine might not have been quite so off. Did the massive hill climb today and my best 20 min was 244 watts and felt like I had a bit of gas in the tank

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Damn, what's your guys' average w/kg when just out cruising?? I'm clearly quite fat compared to everyone else lol.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

3-3.5W/kg will be my tempo

My Ride
    '14 Taco

3-3.5W/kg will be my tempo
    Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Damn, what's your guys' average w/kg when just out cruising?? I'm clearly quite fat compared to everyone else lol.
    My tempo is like 2.5-2.7 w/kg

I would say I'm pretty impressed by how much i've improved in about a month on the FTP booster. The latest interval was holding 2.7 w/kg for 10 minutes, then a 1 minute break. A month ago i would have struggled through it considering i was dying following a 200 w FTP test..

Also noticed that if i'm proactive with my ventalin (exercise induced asthma), i perform faaaaaaaar better as i'm not gasping for air after a big ride. Just call me a doper
    Last edited by Brent.ff; 02-12-2018 at 11:52 AM.

My Ride
    Wankels!

My wife takes her ventolin before going for a run - don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Cruising for me is 3-3.5 also. A hard one hour ride would be 3.5-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin_Racecar View Post
    20w difference is quite a lot.
    On another note, just recalibrated my PRECISION after replacing the battery. I was sick earlier this week and had a soccer game on Wednesday but my power numbers seem way down. Recalibrated it again today to make sure the calibration was OK, but still seem to have a difficult time hitting my normal sustainable power numbers. I'll have to do another FTP test next week but it's possible that my last calibration was giving higher numbers than I was actually putting out
    About a year ago, during firmware upgrade on the precision, I checked all the settings and noticed that a bias factor was set on mine. I don’t remember setting it in the first place, but I reverted the setting to equal left / right. After that, I don’t feel so hot going to races anymore. Then I just used the numbers from the trainer.

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast