Quantcast
12 killed by gunmen in France over Mohammed cartoon - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 killed by gunmen in France over Mohammed cartoon

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Default 12 killed by gunmen in France over Mohammed cartoon

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30710883

Three masked attackers opened fire with assault rifles in the office and exchanged shots with police in the street outside before escaping by car.

The gunmen shouted "we have avenged the Prophet Muhammad", witnesses say.

President Francois Hollande said there was no doubt it had been a terrorist attack "of exceptional barbarity".

A major police operation is under way in the Paris area to catch the killers. The number of gunmen was initially reported to be two, but French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve later said they were hunting three "criminals".

Four of the magazine's well-known cartoonists, including its editor-in-chief Stephane Charbonnier were reported among those killed, as well as two police officers.

Mr Charbonnier, 47, had received death threats in the past and was living under police protection.

French media have named the three other cartoonists killed in the attack as Cabu, Tignous and Wolinski. Reports say the attack took place during the magazine's daily editorial meeting.

Several of the wounded remain in a critical condition.

The satirical weekly has courted controversy in the past with its irreverent take on news and current affairs. It was fire-bombed in November 2011 a day after it carried a caricature of the Prophet Muhammad.

Fuck sakes.

Those gunmen should have their nuts cut off and left to bleed to death. Fucking idiots.

As much as this is sad and there is free speech and what not...

I was always told don't poke the bear.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I hope they poke the bear harder. What the fuck would happen if Catholics or, Christians in general, starting killing everyone who made fun of the Pope or Jeebus, etc.

Fuck those guys, make "fun" of Allah so god damn prolific that they'd have to kill every journalist (satirical or not) in the world to end it. Just keep the course by continuing to make fun of Christians and Buddhists also so it's fair.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Blue boy

What an absolute disgrace, that is not the teaching of islam or Muhammad. Just another set of idiots who take things out of context. I agree with Inzane, those gunmen should be found and have their nuts cut off and left to bleed to death. Fucking idiots.

Originally posted by G-ZUS
    What an absolute disgrace, that is not the teaching of islam or Muhammad. Just another set of idiots who take things out of context. I agree with Inzane, those gunmen should be found and have their nuts cut off and left to bleed to death. Fucking idiots.
    it's the islamic thing, not just these gunmen. they are the cancer of this planet.

My Ride
    oooo

saw this on another website. :s
    Last edited by sillysod; 01-07-2015 at 11:27 AM.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    acura TYPE A

Originally posted by sillysod

very good point...
    i agree senless killings is behind

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/...im.inventions/

3. Flying machine
    "Abbas ibn Firnas was the first person to make a real attempt to construct a flying machine and fly," said Hassani. In the 9th century he designed a winged apparatus, roughly resembling a bird costume. In his most famous trial near Cordoba in Spain, Firnas flew upward for a few moments, before falling to the ground and partially breaking his back. His designs would undoubtedly have been an inspiration for famed Italian artist and inventor Leonardo da Vinci's hundreds of years later, said Hassani.

6. Optics
    "Many of the most important advances in the study of optics come from the Muslim world," says Hassani. Around the year 1000 Ibn al-Haitham proved that humans see objects by light reflecting off of them and entering the eye, dismissing Euclid and Ptolemy's theories that light was emitted from the eye itself. This great Muslim physicist also discovered the camera obscura phenomenon, which explains how the eye sees images upright due to the connection between the optic nerve and the brain.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Originally posted by bob9979

it's the islamic thing, not just these gunmen. they are the cancer of this planet.
    You can't paint all muslims with the same brush as a few (well more than a few) retards.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I hope they poke the bear harder. What the fuck would happen if Catholics or, Christians in general, starting killing everyone who made fun of the Pope or Jeebus, etc.

Fuck those guys, make "fun" of Allah so god damn prolific that they'd have to kill every journalist (satirical or not) in the world to end it. Just keep the course by continuing to make fun of Christians and Buddhists also so it's fair.
    I hope that magazine continues to poke fun as barbaric acts shouldn't stop free press. They need to get over themselves.

Originally posted by bob9979

it's the Religious thing, not just these gunmen. Religion is the cancer of this planet.
    Fixed.. Maybe this is what you really meant? No need to paint all Muslims the same as these brain washed un-educated idiots..

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Originally posted by G-ZUS

You can't paint all muslims with the same brush as a few (well more than a few) retards.
    It's sad, but whether you like it or not, there is a large portion of the world does not particularly like Muslims and most put them all in the same category as extremists. Yes it's ignorant, but until these extremists smarten up things aren't going to change very quickly.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-02-2020 at 10:41 PM.

Originally posted by sillysod
    saw this on another website. :s
    Isn't that the truth..Good find.

Originally posted by Canmorite

I hope that magazine continues to poke fun as barbaric acts shouldn't stop free press. They need to get over themselves.
    easy for you to say from here. imagine being an employee of that magazine after 12 of your colleagues were just murdered.

Yes i agree - fuck religious extremists and free speech should prevail but honestly is it worth the risk? i know i wouldn't be releasing anything like that if i was an editor.

all i'm saying is go ahead and play with fire, but don't be surprised if you get burned in the end.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Originally posted by sabad66

easy for you to say from here. imagine being an employee of that magazine after 12 of your colleagues were just murdered.

Yes i agree - fuck religious extremists and free speech should prevail but honestly is it worth the risk? i know i wouldn't be releasing anything like that if i was an editor.

all i'm saying is go ahead and play with fire, but don't be surprised if you get burned in the end.
    You could draw a parallel to provocatively dressed women deserving to get raped. They're just playing with fire, after all...
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    NC1

Fuck that sucks. just terrible and sad.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Have you guys seen some of their cartoons? Im wondering why they didn't have more security. ..RIP

My Ride

Footage of their escape and executing a cop in cold blood;

http://rutube.ru/video/5c3ee866e67c7...d429/?ref=logo

click on "Eng" in the top right corner and then click the " I am 18 years old" link in the middle of the screen.

This shit really makes my blood boil

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Stirring the pot..Titanic out of Germany basically says bring it on terrorists. It would be cool to see an attempted attack just to see the krauts mow them down.

http://www.dw.de/satire-is-a-human-r...ack/a-18175256

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast