Quantcast
Peurto Vallarta - Tour/Operator recommendations? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Peurto Vallarta - Tour/Operator recommendations?

My Ride
    SH-AWD

Default Peurto Vallarta - Tour/Operator recommendations?

Would appreciate if anyone has recommendations for Tours or Tour Operators in Puerto Vallarta? This will be our first time there.

Family oriented tours with pre-teen kids.

Looking for something that is either off the beaten path a little or along the lines of zip lining/ jungle tours etc.

Preferably for under $350 for the family/day.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
    " There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” BL

My Ride
    '15 Grand Cherokee Summit, '18 Golf R

Vallarta Adventures is the main one. I've had good experiences with them on any of the tours/activites I've done.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-04-2020 at 10:21 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    SH-AWD

Thanks for the recommendations - encouraging to see the same tour operator mentioned.
    " There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” BL

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Originally posted by tch7
    Vallarta Adventures is the main one. I've had good experiences with them on any of the tours/activites I've done.

This...very professional outfit. Just was down there and did the extreme zipline with my kids and friend's kids. They aged from 12-17.

Take a look at their web site. They have a good variety of tours you can do.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    SH-AWD

Thank you for the additional recommendation. Was on their site last night and looked pretty comprehensive from a tour offering perspective. Will likely book something with them.

Thanks again!

My Ride
    This and that.

I just got back from there last month and for the life of me can't remember the name of the company we did our tour with. We were 10 people and we did a combo package of zip lining and ATV adventure. To be honest, neither was as expected for me but that's mostly because I am a huge adrenaline junky. The zip lining would be awesome for someone who's never done something like that before, especially the ones that are super long and high but I was pretty 'meh' most of the time. This tour had 11 zip lines I believe then they take you on donkeys/horses back to their centre where we got on the ATV's. This part was particularly disappointing as the ride was really short and the route okay at best. We got this point where we waited and killed around 20 minutes and then headed back.

Long story short, I was expecting it to be a more of an adrenaline experience then it was. Even the people in our group who had never done something like this didn't really seem scared of thrilled, except for one girl. I will try to find out which tour company it was with, but I am assuming it's the same as what everyone said.

Which resort will you be staying at?

My Ride
    K20A2

Originally posted by tch7
    used them too no issues and was super fun
    Built with Chopsticks

My Ride
    SH-AWD

Hi Shakalaka,

Staying at the Hotel Riu Jalisco. Kids are pre-teens so what you're describing will probably be good enough for them from an adventure perspective. They've only been on zip lines once before and they were relatively short (my opinion); or at least shorter than what you describe.

Looking into one of the all day tours that combines the zip lining with some 4x4 or horseback ride and river tubing.

Appreciate your perspective and definitely interested in name of tour operator.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Just got back as well from Neuvo Vallarta, had 3 trips through Vallarta Adventures.

No complaints. The Las Caletas or whatever beach getaway is BORING though. It was fun, but the girlfriend and I accidentally booked it as we thought it was the Marietas Eco Discovery.

Keep in mind, Vallarta Adventures is meant for the tourists who want it spoon fed to them. I felt especially with Las Caletas, that is was definitely meant for parents and not couples that don't mind a bit of excitement.

The outdoor adventure was fun, but you don't get to do the "extreme" ziplines which would have been better IMO. Rappelling down a waterfall was fun.

Also, its FREIKIN COLD IN THE MORNING BEFORE 9. Bring something to put over yourself like a windbreaker while on the boat. Its been abnormally overcast there the last couple weeks.

My Ride
    SH-AWD

Great feedback HiTempguy1; thank you. Good to know about the morning temps! Sounds like the company to go with is the Vallarta Adventures based on the feedback so far...

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Axe
    Great feedback HiTempguy1; thank you. Good to know about the morning temps! Sounds like the company to go with is the Vallarta Adventures based on the feedback so far...
    No problem! And I didn't mean to harp on parents/people with kids too much, just pointing out that clearly the stuff is orientated around families.

Also, if you go on the "outdoor adventure" bring some food for the kids! They only give you sugary crackers and water over a period of 5 hours, the kids will get hungry!

And for gods sake, wear socks in your shoes. Some people thought that since they were getting wet they wouldn't wear socks and got blisters bad.

AND AND AND when they say bring bug repellent, they mean it. These "no-see-um" type flies bite you without you noticing, and they don't swell/itch until a day or two later. And then you will rub your scratches raw they itch so much, kept me up at night was how bad it was

I'm just warning you because I had to deal with the girlfriend with this stuff lol.

My Ride
    SH-AWD

Awesome advice - thank you; especially the food and bug spray...would have heard about that afterwards lol.

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by Axe
    Hi Shakalaka,

Staying at the Hotel Riu Jalisco. Kids are pre-teens so what you're describing will probably be good enough for them from an adventure perspective. They've only been on zip lines once before and they were relatively short (my opinion); or at least shorter than what you describe.

Looking into one of the all day tours that combines the zip lining with some 4x4 or horseback ride and river tubing.

We stayed at the Riu Palace and all the three Riu's are super nice. Staying at the Palace we had access to the other two including Jalisco and it looks like it's been recently renovated and looks very modern and nice.

For the adventure, we did the combo pack Zip lining/ATV. The horseback ride is just their way to bring you back up from the bottom to their centre. Good point about bug spray, take tons of that. I still have marks on my legs from some weird ass bugs. The last zip line they purposely make you touch the water stream below so you end up getting wet. If it's the same one you're doing, I recommend bringing a change of clothes. Finally, there's some hiking/walking to do from each zip line point to the other and if you're unfit like me it gets REALLY tiring. So I guess be prepared for that.

Finally, the tour prices are negotiable to an extent, especially if you have lots of people, they haven't filled the spots and you're interested in combo packages. So don't hesitate to negotiate a little.

Good luck and have fun.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by Axe
    Hi Shakalaka,

Staying in Riu Jalisco for a wedding in March please write a review when you get back! I heard it's really big, my mom stayed their like 7-8 years ago so I'm sure a lot has changed since then...
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    This and that.

I wouldn't consider it super big but then again I have seen some REALLY big resorts so I am comparing it to those. It's a hotel style building with it backing on to a couple of pools and the beach. The Riu Palace is the biggest one of them and it gives you access to Riu Jalisco and Riu Vallarta. Then comes Riu Vallarta which gives you access to Riu Jalisco. If you stay at the Jalisco you are only confined to that one. Although, I liked the front and the get up of Jalisco better than the Vallarta because Jalisco was recently renovated and has been modernized. While the Vallarta has a more traditional tropical feeling. It really depends on what you like.

I went to Dominican and stayed at the Hard Rock and it was completely modernized and I preferred that the best. It wasn't a super big resort either (compared to the ones I stayed at in Mayan Rivera) but way bigger than the Riu's. The Riu Palace on the other side is quite big. The hotel building itself is huge, with more restaurants and things to do.

My Ride
    SH-AWD

Will definitely write up on the hotel and travel tour experience once we get back at the end of the month. Going to do a day at the Acquaventures waterpark and will comment on that (probably more useful for those with children).

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Originally posted by shakalaka
    I wouldn't consider it super big but then again I have seen some REALLY big resorts so I am comparing it to those. It's a hotel style building with it backing on to a couple of pools and the beach. The Riu Palace is the biggest one of them and it gives you access to Riu Jalisco and Riu Vallarta. Then comes Riu Vallarta which gives you access to Riu Jalisco. If you stay at the Jalisco you are only confined to that one. Although, I liked the front and the get up of Jalisco better than the Vallarta because Jalisco was recently renovated and has been modernized. While the Vallarta has a more traditional tropical feeling. It really depends on what you like.

I went to Dominican and stayed at the Hard Rock and it was completely modernized and I preferred that the best. It wasn't a super big resort either (compared to the ones I stayed at in Mayan Rivera) but way bigger than the Riu's. The Riu Palace on the other side is quite big. The hotel building itself is huge, with more restaurants and things to do.

Grand Mayan/Lux....that's a big set up.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    SH-AWD

So did you guys use pesos for your purchasing/tipping needs? From most forums it seems that the Peso is better/accepted for purchases and tips over the USD - is that the experience people have had?

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Here is a video of the last leg of the Extreme zip line tour. It is 1200 meters long ans you reach speeds of 65 mph.

]zip line

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast