Quantcast
LF: someone to let me plug my BNR32 GTR ECU into their GTR - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: LF: someone to let me plug my BNR32 GTR ECU into their GTR

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Default LF: someone to let me plug my BNR32 GTR ECU into their GTR

I am trying to figure out whats wrong with my GTR and it would save me a lot of time if their were any members on here willing to let me come over and plug my ECU into their GTR and just see if it starts so that I can rule out a bad ECU instead of wasting a bunch of time diagnosing the problem to find out later it was a bad ECU.

This will not effect your car at all. If it doesn't start ill just know that I have a bad ECU.

I would really appreciate this, it would save me a lot of time. I would be willing to bring by a sixer of your choice for your time.

PM me and let me know,

Thanks

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Really? no one is willing to help me out here?

Can someone with a mechanical background at least chime in and explain that IT WILL NOT EFFECT YOUR CAR AT ALL. I'm worried people that don't know what I mean think that my possibly bad ECU is going to hurt their car. I just need to unplug your good computer and plug in my bad computer and see if it starts. Your good computer is unplugged from the car therefore will not be effected.

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Unless your bad computer has something inside shorted, that shorts their components out.

I wouldn't take that chance if it was my car. Maybe see if autodream has an ecu you can buy and try? Takes frying somebody elses shit out of the equation at any rate.
    Last edited by sr20s14zenki; 05-27-2014 at 08:18 PM.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

^ its highly improbably that would happen. There are circuit paths with fuses for this purpose.

OP have you asked your ECU questions on a GTR specific forum? (why car wont start)

Diagnosing a bad ECU is a highly vehicle-specific topic.

Can you plug a laptop into the GTR and pull the ECU status?

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Originally posted by revelations
    ^ its highly improbably that would happen. There are circuit paths with fuses for this purpose.

OP have you asked your ECU questions on a GTR specific forum? (why car wont start)

Diagnosing a bad ECU is a highly vehicle-specific topic.

Can you plug a laptop into the GTR and pull the ECU status?
    I realize that this is highly improbable, but why take the chance with somebody else's ride man. Thats just bad diagnostic procedure.

As you said, are there diagnostics you can do? TONS. The factory service manual for this vehicle is READILY available online, and it outlines every procedure to test each component, most of which only require a simple Multimeter.

I realize the chances of it burning other stuff is astronomical, but still...not something i'd be doing. I always purchased parts if i suspected component failure. I always try to err on the side of caution, especially when its somebody else's stuff

Here ya go

http://240edge.com/manuals/skyline-rb.html

CAS failure is pretty common on these. Unless you've shorted something, ecu failure is pretty unlikely. What are the symptoms of the no start? Does your fuel pump prime with key on?
    Last edited by sr20s14zenki; 05-28-2014 at 05:34 AM.

Agreed, the chances of having your ECU being the cause of your no start is unlikely.

Swapping out the easy stuff isn't the way to go.
    Check for spark, pull plugs, check them for gas, listen for fuel pump whine/prime.
    Done anything in the engine bay lately, re check your work, wires not connected.