Quantcast
What police number to call for compliant? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: What police number to call for compliant?

Default What police number to call for compliant?

If calling to make a noise complaint on a neighbor which phone number do you call? Obviously not 911 since it's not an emergency.

TIA

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-02-2020 at 10:34 PM.

My Ride
    2017 Tacoma street queen

Have you talked to said neighbors?

Well, the guy plays loud bass filled music essentially all day and night. I complained at 2 am once and he turned it down. Then at 1 am another time on a week night he paused it when I knocked and yelled "IM ALLOWED TO DO THIS" then turned it back on.

I've had enough. I complained to the condo board and my land lord and waiting to see what they do. Just wanted to know what number to call when it happens again at night.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

311 would work as well. City bylaw goes around too.

Report a violation

Call Calgary Police Service at (403) 266-1234 if the noise is caused by criminal activity.

Call 311 (from within Calgary) or 403-268-CITY (2489) (from outside Calgary) if the noise is not caused by criminal activity.

http://www.calgary.ca/CSPS/ABS/Pages...sidential.aspx

Talking to neighbours - depending on the maturity level of the subject of complaints - can lead to retaliation.

It really just boggles my mind the lack of respect people have for others.

Especially in a Condo. Sounds like they need a house. I would never think that a condo is a suitable place for loud music, instruments, parties, etc.

My Ride
    Volvo

Talking to neighbours - depending on the maturity level of the subject of complaints - can lead to retaliation.

This for sure!

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Originally posted by lasimmon
    It really just boggles my mind the lack of respect people have for others.
    Some people are dense and require the cops showing up to learn some respect. I had the same issue with an apartment below me years ago, they were eventually evicted after three notices. Couldn't take the hint

Actually went down and knocked on the guys door again last night after 3 hours of constant loud bass and he finally answered to talk to me.

Had a nice long chat with him and he seemed like a nice guy but he thought since its not late he could just play his music as loud as he wanted. I explained to him that other people live in the building and it's not fair to us to have to put up with his music ALL day long. He invited me in and said his music isn't that loud to which I told him it isn't but you have the bass cranked to max which is what travels through floors and annoys everyone (we know the people who live next to him and they have complained too).

Anyway we had a nice long chat and he was a nice enough guy. Gave me his phone number so I could text him if it was too loud, but he turned the bass way down and we could no longer hear it.

I guess I will see what happens.

Don't you know its all about dat bass?

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

Originally posted by JustinMCS
    Especially in a Condo. Sounds like they need a house. I would never think that a condo is a suitable place for loud music, instruments, parties, etc.
    Not that I do this (since I'm not young), but I think it's more the other way around. I would never think that a condo is a suitable place for peace and quiet aside from those 55+ ones. To me it's a party place for young people (late teens to mid twenties). Older folks who have money can afford a single family home for peace and quiet.
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

Originally posted by ga16i

Not that I do this (since I'm not young), but I think it's more the other way around. I would never think that a condo is a suitable place for peace and quiet aside from those 55+ ones. To me it's a party place for young people (late teens to mid twenties). Older folks who have money can afford a single family home for peace and quiet.
    Yeah I can see this. I own a condo and I'm in my twenties and I don't invite tons of people over for parties and I don't have a big home theatre - because I know I am in a condo.

I don't expect it to be perfectly quiet either (renters are noisy AF because most of them don't give 2 shits.) But I am probably one of the few who cares about my neighbours and therefore like to keep quiet.

There is a stark difference between some noise and constant loud bass from one neighbor.

Hell the people above me had a party a few weekends ago and were loud as fuck till like 1:30 am. But I didn't care because I NEVER hear them.

Who cares if you are loud once in a while. It's the constant noise that is really bothersome.

Also its BS to think I can't buy a condo and enjoy some peace and quiet because I should expect it to be loud because it's a condo..

^^ agreed

Send him a link for this http://thesubpac.com

My Ride
    IS350

Originally posted by ga16i

it's a bit of both, lots of older or widowed people downsize into a condo or townhouse and appreciate not having to deal with maintenance issues. top floor ftw though.

My Ride
    Ford F150

I just put some type of sound matting under my sub when i lived in a condo a decade ago. Was loud enough for me, neighbors had no vibration issues.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.