Quantcast
Ticket for not having my lights on - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Ticket for not having my lights on

My Ride
    550i, X5

Originally posted by Stuart

But why hold on to the video when it is available? the only reason I can think of is that it would contradict something he stated. Can you think of another reason?
    Maybe he was singing along to Celine Dion in the background?? haha

I agree the video would settle all though.

My Ride
    is broken

Originally posted by Type_S1
    Yes and your side markers come on when you turn your, headlights on no? The cops exact words when I got pulled over, as caught on dash cam, was that it was getting dark and my night time head lights weren't on therefore my side markers weren't lit so he was forced to give me a ticket. I asked him if he was joking and he said no, it's getting dark out and they were cracking down on it.
    Show us the money Type_S1

Too bad I can't sue the cop for lost time at work for having to appear in court.
    I've asked that at various times and in various manners.

The response is always, "If you don't like it, move to another country".

In other words, "I'm being bent over, but it's ok, as the other guy will bend me even further"

Did I mention I like flowers?

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

No one is forcing you to take time off work to appear in court.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Originally posted by clem24

HA I used to do this.. I've given up on it. Found it's completely pointless. Saw another dude do the same thing on Crowchild. Him in a 4Runner and flashing the person in front continually for about 3 KMs, and then just gave up.

Worst one was on the QE2 just after Red Deer. Idiot in a newer Civic with his bimbo beside him.. Anyway he had his lights at the parking lights setting instead of full headlights, so his parking lights were on and his high beams/DRL set to low, which still blinds people and hardly lights up the road ahead. I flashed him a few times, turned off my headlights, etc.. His response? Turned them off and turned them on again to show me he has his lights on. But still in the wrong position. WTF. Said fuck it. Not worth it.
    Driving for the past 35 years...the rule of thumb was always this:

Flashing your lights on and off in daytime at oncoming traffic = cops/radar ahead

Flashing your lights off and on at night = "turn your lights on idiot"
    flashing your high beams = "Your highs are on!!" (or if you're behind them= "speed up or move the fuck over" )

Now what makes this hard today is, some vehicles you cannot turn your headlights off at any time. My van I can't. So I can't turn my lights off and on, to tell someone their lights are off. Flashing my high's at them, just pisses people off, or scares them.

My Navigator, I can literally turn the headlights OFF and on at any time while driving. So if I see someone without tail/marker lights, I'll blink mine off/on/off/on when I'm behind them, and they usually get the message.

I'm also noticing more and more fucktards driving around with their hi-beams on.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by Nitro5
    I'm also noticing more and more fucktards driving around with their hi-beams on.
    1) Dead bulb
    2) Dirty headlights
    3) Just being idiotic

Last edited by Willie Bobo; 04-05-2015 at 01:13 PM.

My Ride
    79 Country Squire 95 Deville 09 Jeep JK

Anyone know if you can legally re-assign the DRL to another light? I know some cars have the fogs as their DRL? As long as they work does it matter which light it is (and as long as they go out when you turn on the lights)?

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Noticed it was pretty bright at 4:15pm today

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

So, the moral of this thread is...

Forget to turn your headlights on (at 4pm.. I had sunglasses on driving home): $115.00 ticket

Perform a 50-point turn in an attempt to back out of a parking stall, smash into another vehicle, then flee the scene of the crime: $115.00 ("unsafe backing" ticket.)

Our system...

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Originally posted by Kijho

Forget to turn your headlights on (at 4pm.. I had sunglasses on driving home): $115.00 ticket

Perform a 50-point turn in an attempt to back out of a parking stall, smash into another vehicle, then flee the scene of the crime: $115.00 ("unsafe backing" ticket.)

Our system...
    Or, i dunno, somebody isn't telling the WHOLE truth?

Dashcam footage or it didn't happen. Dunno why you don't just post it. It strikes me that when somebody wishes for people to believe them...they submit all the evidence necessary to sway the opinion to their side? Maybe you just don't care what we think...and thats fine too...but if thats the case, why bother with this thread?
    Last edited by sr20s14zenki; 01-13-2015 at 06:45 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by Kijho

Our system...
    That's all that BMW suv owner got? How the hell was that not considered a hit n' run??!!!
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Obvious, at this point, we are being trolled. Post the footage. It's not like it will harm you in court or anything. It's a freaking equipment ticket, no demerits. You think a prosecutor is going to bother scouring google for incriminating evidence against that equipment violation ticket he has to contest? The only info they get is whats disclosed to them by the police. The prosecutor executes zero effort outside of court to find you guilty. Especially for 115 bucks and no demerits

Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
    Or, i dunno, somebody isn't telling the WHOLE truth?

Dashcam footage or it didn't happen. Dunno why you don't just post it. It strikes me that when somebody wishes for people to believe them...they submit all the evidence necessary to sway the opinion to their side? Maybe you just don't care what we think...and thats fine too...but if thats the case, why bother with this thread?
    I didn't make this thread. A mod thought it was a good idea to take a post in a different thread and make it look like I created one. This wasnt a big issue but a response in another thread showing that I believe cops priorities aren't in line with reality (the unsafe turn). I could care less if people believe me or not. Dash cam footage identifies who I am and my gf through conversation so am reluctant to post. If I spend the time yo upload it and edit out sound I will be called a liar anyways.

I know probably 15-20 beyond half of who I showed the video and got good laughs out of it for 1) having a ridiculous convo with the gf and 2) the ridiculous convo with the cop.

Anyways, whichever mod opened this thread pretending to be me, please close?

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

S1...you do realise that the Police Cars are equipped with Cameras right? So it will clearly show if your car was visible or not. If I was you, I would contact the Crown and request the video justso you dont look too silly. when you hand the cops ass to him. Just saying.......

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

As an FYI, I didn't create a thread on this...not sure why a mod thought it was okay to take a post in another thread and create a new thread?

I didn't make this thread. A mod thought it was a good idea to take a post in a different thread and make it look like I created one. This wasnt a big issue but a response in another thread showing that I believe cops priorities aren't in line with reality (the unsafe turn). I could care less if people believe me or not. Dash cam footage identifies who I am and my gf through conversation so am reluctant to post. If I spend the time yo upload it and edit out sound I will be called a liar anyways.

I know probably 15-20 beyond half of who I showed the video and got good laughs out of it for 1) having a ridiculous convo with the gf and 2) the ridiculous convo with the cop.

Anyways, whichever mod opened this thread pretending to be me, please close?
    Nobody is "pretending" to be you.

This discussion was split from the other one because the original thread was going completely off topic and there are valid points to this discussion with or without your input so there's no reason to close this thread.

Originally posted by firebane

1) Dead bulb
    2) Dirty headlights
    3) Just being idiotic
    #2.. As we get warming weather, and roads get wet and dirty so do headlights.. instead of drivers cleaning them.. they turn on their highbeams..

Anyone notice Saturns always seem to have their "highbeams" on from their buckteeth front lights?
    Curse you imageshack..

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

So, about that dashcam video...

So after I left work yesterday at 4:30, 15 min after said ticket, I noticed that about 90% of the cars I saw did not have any other lights on other than their DRLs. Just saying....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast