Quantcast
Focus RS unveiling soon - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Focus RS unveiling soon

Originally posted by heavyD

How could you expect any of the technology in what is the most expensive FWD car in the world to fall into the Si and maintain the current $27k price that's currently based on using parts bin engines/transmission that have been around for a decade? I know deep down you are still a Honda fanboy but common sense and logic trumps your heart here.
    If you're referring to the CTR, it is not the most expensive FWD car in the world, not even close.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

So you think an all new turbocharged engine and upgraded transmission based on the expensive drivetrain in the CTR is going to cost the same as the parts bin engines we have seen in the Si?

What is your reasoning for your estimation CTR would be only $35k here as in an earlier post? You do realize in the UK the Si costs more than the STI and is a dead heat with the Focus RS as far as price goes so I'm just trying to understand how you think Honda could bring it to North America for significantly less than the price of those cars.

How could you expect any of the technology in what is the most expensive FWD car in the world to fall into the Si and maintain the current $27k price that's currently based on using parts bin engines/transmission that have been around for a decade? I know deep down you are still a Honda fanboy but common sense and logic trumps your heart here.
    If we got the euro CTR I would agree the price would be up there. But, I'm assuming we are getting a North American version. It will be designed and built in Ontario or USA and won't have much in common with euro car. The regular Civic just got the turbo engine and prices are expected to stay the same. There's no reason to think a Turbo engine in the SI along with whatever changes they make to that car would cause a huge price jump.
    (Exchange rate being the one thing that could change things for Canada only).

Golf R prices haven't gone up from one gen to another with a massive redesign, STI prices have dropped over the years, I don't see how Honda could justify all of a sudden increasing SI prices. So that's why my guess is Si sub 30k, and CTR in the mid 30k range tops.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

If you're referring to the CTR, it is not the most expensive FWD car in the world, not even close.
    I guess you can option up a FWD A4 or TT, RL but I don't believe those would be far and above the $40k or so that UK CTR would cost here.

My Ride

"The Focus RS is a German-built fully-equipped high performance AWD compact car that is competitively priced with its competition. In Canada, the Focus RS will be offered in one fully-equipped orderable configuration with no free-standing options, except for the chargeable Nitrous Blue Quad-Coat paint. The RS MSRP is $46969 plus $1600 D&D and $100 Federal A/C tax. The Nitrous Blue Quad-Coat paint has a $995 MSRP. The $46,969 MSRP includes heated power Recaro leather seats, heated mirrors, heated steering wheel, SYNC 3 with Navigation, Sony Audio System with 10 speakers with SiriusXM radio, Power Moonroof, RS Car Cover, 19" Premium Painted Forged Alloy wheels, 19" Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 summer tires, Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 18" Winter Tire & RS Alloy Wheel Package (this winter tire/wheel package is shipped separately to the dealership) plus a whole lot more. A complete Order Guide and Price List will be published to dealers in the near future."

So Canadian one is loaded. It even comes with extra wheels and snow tires.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

It's not too bad considering the package but it's still hard to ignore that you can be at the light or stuck in rush hour traffic next to a similar looking Focus that costs 16k. I know that would bother me a bit. Whatever floats your boat.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Originally posted by Disoblige
    I rather drive the Focus RS than a 5.0 Mustang any day though.
    Bastard!

My Ride
    Family Hauler

On a related note, way too much for a focus IMO. Especially when the golf R can be had for much less. It still boggles my mind what people are willing to pay for STI's as well though so maybe im just out to lunch.

I guess you can option up a FWD A4 or TT, RL but I don't believe those would be far and above the $40k or so that UK CTR would cost here.
    Cadillac ELR FWD starts at $80K before options

Cadillac XTS FWD starts at $50K (Platinum FWD is $70K before options)

Acura RLX FWD starts at $50K before options ($65K for an Elite FWD before options). They don't make the RL anymore.

Anyway, a $40K CTR would be not even half the price of the most expensive FWD car, and there are probably more I haven't thought of off the top of my head.

The most disappointing part of all this is that people actually buy those $70K XTS' haha. Cadillac must be laughing all the way to the bank.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Originally posted by riander5
    On a related note, way too much for a focus IMO. Especially when the golf R can be had for much less. It still boggles my mind what people are willing to pay for STI's as well though so maybe im just out to lunch.
    Golf r starts at 40k once you get options it's 44-45k plus winter wheels would be 2k. I'd say it's competive, I still wouldn't buy one over a golf r though. You can be out the door in a gti for 36-38k with all options.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Originally posted by danno

Golf r starts at 40k once you get options it's 44-45k plus winter wheels would be 2k. I'd say it's competive, I still wouldn't buy one over a golf r though. You can be out the door in a gti for 36-38k with all options.
    Fair enough.. not a massive difference you are right. Id rather have a golf R or focus RS than an STI.

Can you safely boost subaru engines up at all these days??

My Ride

Golf R is 40k, plus 2k for only option package (tech). Not comparing DSG because RS won't have it either.

Subaru is doing it right, giving the people 3 trim options with STI from 38-45k

Where do you get $4-5K of options for the Golf R? I think there is only the one option package.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Aleks
    Golf R is 40k, plus 2k for only option package (tech). Not comparing DSG because RS won't have it either.

Subaru is doing it right, giving the people 3 trim options with STI from 38-45k

I don't know how many base model ones they actually sell as when I was selling my 2013 I noticed most cars for sale were Sport Techs. When you consider it's coming loaded with forged wheels and Sport Cup 2 tires as well as winter wheels and tires this car is beginning to look like a bargain. Anyone that purchases a Golf R or STI has to spend at least $2k for a winter setup. Ford is essentially picking up where Mitsubishi dropped out offering the best performance car of the bunch although with a real torque vectoring AWD system that none of the competitors can lay claim to.

Ford Performance engineers worked closely with Michelin to develop high-performance 235/35 R19 Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires to complement the driving dynamics of the Focus RS. Ford Performance engineers have also approved the Michelin 225/40R18 Pilot Alpin PA4 winter tires and developed an 18" RS alloy wheel for cold weather applications. In Canada, a winter tire/wheel package will be standard equipment on the Focus RS and will be shipped separately to the dealership."

"The Focus RS is a German-built fully-equipped high performance AWD compact car that is competitively priced with its competition. In Canada, the Focus RS in Canada will be offered in one fully-equipped orderable configuration with no free-standing options, except for the chargeable Nitrous Blue Quad-Coat paint. The RS MSRP is $46969 plus $1600 D&D and $100 Federal A/C tax. The Nitrous Blue Quad-Coat paint has a $995 MSRP. The $46,969 MSRP includes heated power Recaro leather seats, heated mirrors, heated steering wheel, SYNC 3 with Navigation, Sony Audio System with 10 speakers with SiriusXM radio, Power Moonroof, RS Car Cover, 19" Premium Painted Forged Alloy wheels, 19" Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 summer tires, Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 18" Winter Tire & RS Alloy Wheel Package (this winter tire/wheel package is shipped separately to the dealership) plus a whole lot more. A complete Order Guide and Price List will be published to dealers in the near future."

Competition (not fully typed out due to length):
    Subaru WRX STi Sport Tech $45,395 MSRP ($47,376 after freight/PDI, ac tax)
    VW Golf R Technology Package $42,010 MSRP (not including freight/PDI, ac tax)
    Mitsubishi Lancer Evo MR $51,998 MSRP
    Audi S3 Sedan Technik Trim $53,050 MSRP
    BMW M235i xDrive Premium $53,450 MSRP
    MB CLA 45 AMG 4MATIC $59,600 MSRP
    Last edited by heavyD; 09-21-2015 at 01:10 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

^ Where did they get a 53k msrp for an M235i xDrive
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by killramos
    ^ Where did they get a 53k msrp for an M235i xDrive
    It's from the article not me.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

This is the first time I've heard of a car that will have winter wheels and tires as standard. What's the chance that the PA4s will increase in price due to now it is an 'OEM spec'?

My Ride
    Grimace

That is such a weird package but way better price than expected. Why do we get dinged so hard on the GT350 then?

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

I thought there were 2 options that were 2k each. My bad.
    So 2k in options plus winter tire and wheels is 2k.
    44k golf r to 46k ford. I'd call that nothing still
    Last edited by danno; 09-21-2015 at 02:15 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I thought there were 2 options that were 2k each. My bad.
    So 2k in options plus winter tire and wheels is 2k.
    44k golf r to 46k ford. I'd call that nothing still
    PDK is the other "option", but that wouldn't be a fair comparison as Focus RS is MT only.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

Ford Performance engineers worked closely with Michelin to develop high-performance 235/35 R19 Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires to complement the driving dynamics of the Focus RS. Ford Performance engineers have also approved the Michelin 225/40R18 Pilot Alpin PA4 winter tires and developed an 18" RS alloy wheel for cold weather applications. In Canada, a winter tire/wheel package will be standard equipment on the Focus RS and will be shipped separately to the dealership."
    Wow... This is such a sweet feature... This thing is tempting as hell. Maybe I will upgrade the civic for this in 2017.

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast