Quantcast
Focus RS unveiling soon - Page 18 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Focus RS unveiling soon

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-15-2019 at 06:01 PM.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I've ordered two Fords and find they have been the easiest cars to track from order as I knew when both were going to arrive.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Thanks for the concern guys!

I have my order # and dealer code and I ask Ford on Facebook about the order every couple weeks (that's all the info needed to check on an order). They respond pretty quick and it's a reliable source. I used to do it weekly but then realized the production is quite slow for the RS so it would just end up driving me crazy. I keep in touch with the dealer from time to time but they seem to know less about it than I do.

Currently, the car's been selected to be scheduled, but there is no specific date yet for it to be produced. Been hoping for this date for a long time because once I get a VIN, things are easier to track on the Ford ETIS website.

It comes with a car cover and winter wheels that are shipped separately from the car, so I have to keep on top of that too.

Buddy said his RS has arrived in Halifax, so clearly the information is available.

My Ride

Whoa, what a coincidence.

I PM'd the Ford Service account and the girl just PM'd me back now saying I've been scheduled to an exact build date. Weeks of nothing and finally some good news + a VIN

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-15-2019 at 06:01 PM.

My Ride

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    ^^ If you post up on Focus ST forums at all, there are a bunch of online Ford Reps that lurk to ensure no bad reviews are posted and they are super helpful in tracking your car
    That's how I've been tracking my car the entire time since March haha (on RS forums). That's why I didn't care about contacting the dealer because they're useless.

But as of a month or so ago, Ford was cracking down on it and made the employees who were on the forum remove the entire tracking list they made. FordService made an account on the forum so we could just PM them and they will tell you the status. Works pretty good.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Calling Ford Performance is still your best bet. They're not Ford Canada, but the actual group that builds the car in Dearborn. They update the system weekly and have the most up to date information.

You can call and ask about specific engineering questions as well. The call group works directly with the engineering group.

Edit: just remembered this car is built in Germany right? That might change some things.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Originally posted by Darkane
    Edit: just remembered this car is built in Germany right? That might change some things.
    Haha, yep Germany. The FocusRS forum's contact is US based anyways and they give me the same info as the phone number.

Man, stealth grey looks pretty badass too!

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    click for larger version
    click for larger version

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

Wow that grey does look really good!

great looking car. Too bad all these new fun cars are coming out now. Where were they 15 years ago when the car community was desperate for them?

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Went to get my truck from service at Metro today and spotted this sitting in the corner of the lot. Apparently all three slots Metro had have been sold. Gorgeous car, might have to put my name down if there are any 2017 production plans.

War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Saw that one driving by Metro as well.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

So they are finally here! Car should be a blast based on how fun the ST is and how this should be a faster, more capable version.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Id love to get one of these cars... but my brain just cant wrap itself around a 50000 dollar focus

My Ride

Nice.
    Hopefully they don't take it for a joyride prior to delivery

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

That's the second one in town.There's another nitrous blue at Universal

My Ride
    LNF

Ford should have never called this the Focus RS.. It should have been called just the RS..

Its not a focus and so many people keep saying I could never buy a 50K focus.. Well it isnt a focus. It just has the same body..

The entire engine, transmission, awd and suspension is different. The chassis is also 30-40% stiffer.

Thats like saying I could never pay 50k for a lancer.. You are buying an evo.. not a lancer. Or I could never buy a 100K 3 series..

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by mzdspd
    Ford should have never called this the Focus RS.. It should have been called just the RS..

Its not a focus and so many people keep saying I could never buy a 50K focus.. Well it isnt a focus. It just has the same body..

The entire engine, transmission, awd and suspension is different. The chassis is also 30-40% stiffer.

Thats like saying I could never pay 50k for a lancer.. You are buying an evo.. not a lancer. Or I could never buy a 100K 3 series..
    Subaru tried that with the latest WRX and STI but everyone knows it's still an Impreza. VW separated Golf from GTI but the R is still the Golf R. The bottom line is that you can't accept the base origins of any of these cars they aren't for you.

As for the RS, the ST in itself is a solid performer and since the interior is essentially identical you have to ask yourself if it's worth the $15K+ premium for the trick AWD system and larger engine.
    Last edited by heavyD; 06-15-2016 at 11:07 AM.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Originally posted by mzdspd

This.

People are stupid. A lot of this talk is also coming from Subaru and Mitsubishi fan boys. Calm your tits and lower your Vape pens boys you still have an Impreza and lancer at the end of the day as well...

Originally posted by heavyD
    As for the RS, the ST in itself is a solid performer and since the interior is essentially identical you have to ask yourself if it's worth the $15K+ premium for the trick AWD system and larger engine.
    100% it is. Is it worth the upgrade going from a 5.0 based mustang to the Shelby with the 5.8? I'd say it is. All around better designed car meant to handle more.
    Last edited by Shlade; 06-15-2016 at 11:12 AM.

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast