Quantcast
Focus RS unveiling soon - Page 24 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Focus RS unveiling soon

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

That’s racist pricing.

$64K for that? No thanks.

You can buy an RS3 for $62,900 + taxes & fees and that's a full $15-20K more than a Golf R, etc. You're also only a few grand away from the S4/C43/340xi cars at that point.

You can get a brand new Q50 Red Sport 400 with every option for $48K all-in right now, which while quite different, seems like a lot more car than that Focus plus $16K in the bank.

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

2018 Focus RS. One of the biggest rip offs ever lol. Golf R is literally a superior car in every way unless you enjoy paying 20k more money for a more "raw" car. lol. You can use the 20k you saved to buy a very fun toy on the side IMO.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I'm sure there are still 2017 and maybe even 2016 RS' going for MSRP or less. You can do the LSD modification yourself and still come out ahead.
    One frosting on the cake about being an RS owner is that you don't have old car syndrome.
    Last edited by Disoblige; 11-30-2017 at 03:41 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

CLA45 please

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I expect these will be had well below MSRP unless I'm really underrating how many fools are out there.

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

Yah I think it will sit for a while like the Evo x final editions.

$64k for a Ford Focus?!

Its true what they say, a sucker is born every minute.

My Ride

Yay, a fix to our HG issue. 17B32 FSA notice.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...asket-failure/

Anyone getting theirs done soon? I'd be curious to hear your outcome. You should be able to see this notice if you download the Ford Pass app. I'm planning to take mine to Advantage soon when I have the time.

My Ride
    V8s

Was looking at an RS lately until I found out about this issue. Nice to know Ford is willing to do something.

The part I thought was odd, though, was that it's only in place til Jan 2019... what if this isn't a permanent fix? If it was my car, I wouldn't be entirely confident it'll be fixed forever.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was looking at an RS lately until I found out about this issue. Nice to know Ford is willing to do something.

The part I thought was odd, though, was that it's only in place til Jan 2019... what if this isn't a permanent fix? If it was my car, I wouldn't be entirely confident it'll be fixed forever.
    Well, so far it appears RS' after a certain production date that use the new revision of the head gasket are not showing any signs of this issue. But you're right, it is early and a lot of these cars don't have high mileage on them to demonstrate the long term reliability. Plus, the majority of RS' out there are running fine with no issues. Ford is doing the right thing by issuing the FSA. It feels weird to be excited/happy that my head gasket is going to be replaced.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Well, so far it appears RS' after a certain production date that use the new revision of the head gasket are not showing any signs of this issue. But you're right, it is early and a lot of these cars don't have high mileage on them to demonstrate the long term reliability. Plus, the majority of RS' out there are running fine with no issues. Ford is doing the right thing by issuing the FSA. It feels weird to be excited/happy that my head gasket is going to be replaced.
    Haha that would be a little weird, but I'd be super excited about that.

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    $64k for a Ford Focus?!

Its true what they say, a sucker is born every minute.
    Are you kidding me? I'd take an RS3 any day over the week. That makes the Civic Type R sound reasonable..

Heck, I could buy 2 6-6 coupes for $ 64 k and have change to buy drag radials, a header and a hondata reflash.
    Add a focus RS to the slaughter list

They are really cool cars, but ford really cut corners on the interior for that price point. And the head room is a joke.
    Last edited by Hallowed_point; 01-24-2018 at 12:02 PM.

My Ride
    4x4 Abarth

I bought my 2013 500 Abarth used for $13k and have been more than happy with it. Sounds and drives like a tiny riot rocket. I could buy it over 5x for the price of that 2018 RS, and I wouldn't mind having a mini fleet of the little guys. God knows I'll need them for parts in the future anyway, as it's a platform I've quickly come to love. I find the 500 even more fun than my previous '14 Focus ST. I've also driven RS's, and they are not $65k cars...they do not feel that way, nor do they make me feel a certain element of special e.g. special as in, an Italian A segment car that comes from factory with absent rear mufflers, and with prancing scorpions all over it - like at least a dozen of them prancing on it, and I'm not finished adding scorpions to it either thanks to the Wish app. RS has pretty much exact same interior as the ST as well - heck ST is even better in some ways, such as with the CF trim package that sports a weighted CF shift knob - and those are 30-35k cars new. And also a performance bargain to buy used thanks to steep depreciation.

Before that I had a $23,550 2014 Focus ST...could buy that twice and space for a 500 Abarth and mods.

If I want to drift, I'll build a drift dedicated car. If I want cheap AWD boost, there's JDM GF8's to winter beat about with, which I had one and it tickled my fancy for winter fun for one winter. Now my grandpa spec 2dr 4x4 suv will pull some mad snow skids. Or not, as its nice to be able to drive invisibly, and putt along relatively comfortable in a relaxed manner.

Luxury wise...GLA AMG, S3, even MK7 Golf R look more appealing to me, and the tuning potential is far superior on an EA888 VAG vehicle. I loved my ST, but wouldn't spend double or even triple for the RS. And with sunroof, headroom is pretty poor. And the rear seat leg room and rear hatch space is terrible given the car is a long roof hatchback and weighs 3200 (ST) to 3600 (RS) lbs with pretty much midsize proportions. One look at the epic space utilization in a MK7 Golf hatch or wagon (speaking of which, where the hell is the Focus wagons here), pretty much sums up German car manufacturer refinement.

At least the RS is built in Germany. The crap that gets slapped together and passed through Dearborn, Michigan...I could pick a part so many things wrong with my ST fit/finish. Uneven panel gaps, uneven hatch alignment caused rubbing, loose tail light also rubbing, size of a nickle bubble in the rear bumper plastic causing paint to crack, rear driver door stuck out an extra 2mm on the bottom half of the door allowing dirt in the car, no hood struts - pretty sure even RS has no hood struts, stitching on Recaro's coming undone not even a year in, very very thin paint, etc.
    Last edited by tehwegz; 01-24-2018 at 11:39 PM.

My Ride
    V8s

You guys are forgetting that this isn't really a $65k car though... you can get them with 10k on them for like $40k. That's basically new.

This car is much more desirable at the $40k mark than $65k. That being said, it's still not the car I'm buying for $40k

Quote Originally Posted by tehwegz View Post
    I bought my 2013 500 Abarth used for $13k and have been more than happy with it. Sounds and drives like a tiny riot rocket. I could buy it over 5x for the price of that 2018 RS, and I wouldn't mind having a mini fleet of the little guys. God knows I'll need them for parts in the future anyway, as it's a platform I've quickly come to love. I find the 500 even more fun than my previous '14 Focus ST. I've also driven RS's, and they are not $65k cars...they do not feel that way, nor do they make me feel a certain element of special e.g. special as in, an Italian A segment car that comes from factory with absent rear mufflers, and with prancing scorpions all over it - like at least a dozen of them prancing on it, and I'm not finished adding scorpions to it either thanks to the Wish app. RS has pretty much exact same interior as the ST as well - heck ST is even better in some ways, such as with the CF trim package that sports a weighted CF shift knob - and those are 30-35k cars new. And also a performance bargain to buy used thanks to steep depreciation.

Before that I had a $23,550 2014 Focus ST...could buy that twice and space for a 500 Abarth and mods.

If I want to drift, I'll build a drift dedicated car. If I want cheap AWD boost, there's JDM GF8's to winter beat about with, which I had one and it tickled my fancy for winter fun for one winter. Now my grandpa spec 2dr 4x4 suv will pull some mad snow skids. Or not, as its nice to be able to drive invisibly, and putt along relatively comfortable in a relaxed manner.

Luxury wise...GLA AMG, S3, even MK7 Golf R look more appealing to me, and the tuning potential is far superior on an EA888 VAG vehicle. I loved my ST, but wouldn't spend double or even triple for the RS. And with sunroof, headroom is pretty poor. And the rear seat leg room and rear hatch space is terrible given the car is a long roof hatchback and weighs 3200 (ST) to 3600 (RS) lbs with pretty much midsize proportions. One look at the epic space utilization in a MK7 Golf hatch or wagon (speaking of which, where the hell is the Focus wagons here), pretty much sums up German car manufacturer refinement.

At least the RS is built in Germany. The crap that gets slapped together and passed through Dearborn, Michigan...I could pick a part so many things wrong with my ST fit/finish. Uneven panel gaps, uneven hatch alignment caused rubbing, loose tail light also rubbing, size of a nickle bubble in the rear bumper plastic causing paint to crack, rear driver door stuck out an extra 2mm on the bottom half of the door allowing dirt in the car, no hood struts - pretty sure even RS has no hood struts, stitching on Recaro's coming undone not even a year in, very very thin paint, etc.
    unless that front LSD can enough traction to drive up a wall, only pure WRC enthusiasts and Asians are going to buy these things... (jk, but most of the driver's I've seen with an RS are asians)

this price point is insane, and I also agree that you might as well stretch to get to a RS3... but I was told by someone that they can be negotiated down (ford style) for about 53K + tax. Yet still you can get into an equivalently equipped STI for 8 grand less, or get into a far better built Golf R.

people my say the Golf R just isn't as appealing, but I reckon that once you yourself turn your own "Race mode" off, you will find the creature comforts and drive ability of an R to be quite tasty.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

I think people forget that the Focus RS is on a completely different level in terms of performance compared to a STI or Golf R. If you use C&D's Lightning Lap times as a metric to compare the 3 cars, the RS does it in 3:03.9 vs the STI's 3:10.5 and the Golf R's 3:12.3. I know 6.6 seconds between the RS and STI don't sound like much but the RS is 89th fastest and the STI is 145th which is a difference of 56 cars. Now I'm not saying that it's worth $60k, but you are getting a lot more performance for your money vs the STI and Golf R.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by gpomp View Post
    I think people forget that the Focus RS is on a completely different level in terms of performance compared to a STI or Golf R. If you use C&D's Lightning Lap times as a metric to compare the 3 cars, the RS does it in 3:03.9 vs the STI's 3:10.5 and the Golf R's 3:12.3. I know 6.6 seconds between the RS and STI don't sound like much but the RS is 89th fastest and the STI is 145th which is a difference of 56 cars. Now I'm not saying that it's worth $60k, but you are getting a lot more performance for your money vs the STI and Golf R.
    Was lightning lap conducted with the cup tires? The performance delta is a lot closer when all three vehicles have the cup tires.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    You guys are forgetting that this isn't really a $65k car though... you can get them with 10k on them for like $40k. That's basically new.

This car is much more desirable at the $40k mark than $65k. That being said, it's still not the car I'm buying for $40k
    Agreed, and I don't think this would be a car I would buy second hand. I had a second hand FoST and it was a heap. Lasted a couple months before cratering. Shops blamed it on poor mods/installs, abuse etc. but who knows. Is the interior that much better on them than the ST? Because the material sucked in that car.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla View Post
    Agreed, and I don't think this would be a car I would buy second hand. I had a second hand FoST and it was a heap. Lasted a couple months before cratering. Shops blamed it on poor mods/installs, abuse etc. but who knows. Is the interior that much better on them than the ST? Because the material sucked in that car.
    Really? Because when I sold you that car there was not a single thing wrong with it. Poor mods and installs? It had an intake front mount and catback exhaust along with a Cobb accessport... all brand name stuff to boot and eibach coils. Not sure what you mean by “cratering” it was a low mileage vehicle as well...

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 LastLast