Quantcast
Vegas super cars - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vegas super cars

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Originally posted by shakalaka

So if each lap is about a minute you're done driving in 5? That sounds so little.
    It goes by really quick. Get 8 laps or more.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Yeah do as many laps as possible at exoticsracing.

I did 30 laps in 4 vehicles when I went. Loved it.

They do stop you after 5 laps to cool the car and also give you driving line tips etc. The next five laps after that is when they'll let you (if they trust you) really dig into the car. I didn't see 9k in the 458 but 8+ all the time after 5 laps. During the first 5 they short shift you at 7-7.5.

They gave me a free 5 laps in an SLS and I was bouncing limiter in that thing lol. Stupid slow MB Trans.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    This and that.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions guys, I appreciate it. We are leaning towards the World Class Driving experience at the moment. I am think it would be more satisfying for me personally instead of going around the track a few times with people speaking in my ears telling me what to do constantly.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Originally posted by Darkane

They do stop you after 5 laps to cool
    I think this depends when you go. I went in January and the air temp was ~12c and they let me do all 7 laps at once. In the hotter months though they have a tent and fans going on all the cars.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Originally posted by Xtrema
    3 options:

There is actually a fourth option it's called Dream Racing (http://www.dreamracing.com/) and it's located ~4 minutes away from where Exotics Racing has their setup. If I remember correctly the pricing was a little bit less than Exotics Racing. Dream Racing is setup at the Inside Road Course of the Las Vegas Motor Speedway which is pretty cool. I did this when I was down there in May for a buddies stag and had a blast. Drove 5 laps in the Lambo Gallardo Superlaggera (hated it) and 5 laps in a Ferrari F430 Scuderia (loved it) and had a really good time. The cool part about Dream Racing unlike Exotics Racing is that you spend 10-15 minutes on a professional simulator before you do any of your actual laps so by the time you do go out for your actual laps your are familiar with the track so you can push a bit harder then you normally would.

The instructor that is with you never lets you push the car to 10/10ths but depending on your skill they will let you push hard enough to have fun. I have my competition license and plenty of seat time at a track so he told me that he let me push it as hard as they ever let people but like I said it's still not 10/10ths.

The other cool thing about Dream Racing is that they have actual race cars there that you can drive (Ferrari F430 GT and a Lamborghini Super Trofeo) these are obviously more expensive but they make minced meat of the "regular" supercars. I didn't get to try these but will next time for sure.

My Ride
    Ev0

World Class Driving, went last May and had fun! Was reading some reviews on Tripadvisor about the other Race Track experiences and some people complaining about instructors telling them when to brake, turn in and accelerate etc...

Wanted more seat time so went with World Class, plus can bring someone with you for $99 (non-driver). Yes I had a chance to get well into triple digits on the tour, plus as a bonus I won the rock paper scissors to drive the new XJL with supercharged V8 and massaging seats, (nice!), back to the shop. The XKR is a bigger, slower shifting car but man it pulls like a freight train!

My Ride
    bmw m3

I've rented a lambo Gallardo lp-550-2 as well as done the world class driving.
    Enjoyed having the lambo for a day and doing whatever I wanted.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    This and that.

How much was it having it for the day if you don't mind my asking?

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Originally posted by shakalaka
    How much was it having it for the day if you don't mind my asking?
    It was likely between 1300 and 1500 for a single day and the price goes down the more days you book for. You get 100 miles and overages usually cost .75/mile

At least that's how much it costs in Scottsdale.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

Originally posted by ddduke

It was likely between 1300 and 1500 for a single day and the price goes down the more days you book for. You get 100 miles and overages usually cost .75/mile

At least that's how much it costs in Scottsdale.
    You've rented a Lamborghini before? You mean you don't already own 3? Wtf???

My Ride
    bmw m3

www.vegasluxuryrides.com
    They have different packages keep in mind though insurance is $149 extra.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

You can do this in Toronto as well, you don't have to go to Vegas. My girlfriend bought me a couple of passes there for Christmas.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    95 Acura Integra RS

Exotic racing was a big disappointment. It honestly felt like a glorified drivers ed class.

But on the other hand, I had friends/ my boss who said they had a great time and they were allow to rip the cars around.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Brutucus
    Exotic racing was a big disappointment. It honestly felt like a glorified drivers ed class.

But on the other hand, I had friends/ my boss who said they had a great time and they were allow to rip the cars around.
    I was allow to rip. If they think you are capable, they will let you rip because they know they get tips for that.

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

Yeah, they let me rip on the GT3 pretty decently in my opinion. I wasn't fast or anything, but had a good time:

Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

My Ride
    Evo, civic

I loved Exotic Racing both times I was there. Yes, they do tell you to upshift around 7k but I only listened for the first few laps and then ignored them haha. They let me push the cars more than enough IMO. For sure at the top of my skills.

This is the cars I drove in order of most fun:

Gallardo
    Scudderia
    GTR/C7_

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Something else to consider, if you're looking for a bit more fun and bang for your buck.

www.aircombat.com

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
    Something else to consider, if you're looking for a bit more fun and bang for your buck.

www.aircombat.com
    ^^ Next time. Wish I read this thread a day earlier!

Just finished up at Exotics Racing today. I was happy with the experience.

Pros:
    I drove some cools cars really fast
    It was awesome

Cons:
    - 10 minutes of racing takes 2.5-3 hrs.
    - too much blah blah blah
    - too many slow ass cars on the track so you dont really get to see how fast you can go
    - Pay in full over the phone by credit card or risk doing a drop in.
    - cant see your lap times unless you pay 80$ for the video

They had me down for the GT3 first for 5 laps, then the GTR second for 10 laps. I asked them to change it so I could learn on the GTR and then have fun on the GT3.

Raced the GTR for 10 laps, it was super annoying because of all the slow cars on the road. started at 59 seconds and got down to 55.7 after 11 laps. At 6 laps we slowed down to cool down (free-be lap). He gave me an extra lap at the end as well because of the crowded track. Hit the rev liited twice hehe.

Raced the GT3 for 5 laps (+2). First lap was 54.8, got down to 54.14 at the end. Again slow ass cars piling up in the corners, so annoying. Jason gave me 2 extra laps because of the slow cars all over. The GT3 isnt as fast as the GTR but it handles so much better. I was under-steering in the GTR with traction control interrupting all the time - I had a slight oversteer in the GT3 that corrected easily, and it could take the corners much faster. It just seemed like a more natural car to race around the track and it sounds awesome with the 9k redline (shifted when I wanted after a lap or two)

In regards to the instructors, I had Ken and Jason. Both were good. They never slowed me down once. I was expecting overbearing nanny instructors, not the case at all.

All in all a fun experience, i would do it again. Just make sure that you go on a weekday.
    Last edited by broken_legs; 02-07-2015 at 10:46 PM.
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

My Ride
    03 SVT Cobra

I drove the 458 for 5 laps. One thing I still ask myself is what mode was the car put in, I know they have a race mode but for some reason I forgot to check.

Anyone see what mode the 458 is set?

When I was in the 458 it was noob mode, but it was also my first car and first time there. Not sure if they turn it up if you've got experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2