Quantcast
Vegas super cars - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vegas super cars

My Ride
    This and that.

Default Vegas super cars

I recall seeing a similar thread a few years ago but can't seem to find it. Either way, I figured I'd get some latest updated information going about these.

About 10 of us are going to Vegas for my bachelor party during the April long weekend. A few of us, including me want to drive super cars. I'd like to know if someone can recommend which company to go with, what package to get etc.

I see that either you can race on the track or take them around regular streets in a group. I think I am leaning towards the track but I am open to other suggestions. Basically I am looking to get the best super car experience possible and would like to know what the guys who have some experience would recommend and suggest.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.exoticsracing.com/

If you decide to go with the "Go on a short road trip in a super car" option, make sure to bust out your phone and post how bored you are during the trip.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I am planning the same trip, probably less guys though so I am interested in hearing what people have to say.

I know they rent super cars right on the strip but i think speedway is the way to go. Always wanted to drive (or own ) an Aston
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Speedway > Rental.

What's the point of renting a supercar if you can't drive it fast.

My Ride
    Grimace

I might be heading down in Feb so might treat myself to try that 991 GT3 for only $299

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Originally posted by pheoxs
    Speedway > Rental.

What's the point of renting a supercar if you can't drive it fast.
    http://www.worldclassdriving.com/dri...tics-las-vegas

They let you rip.
    Last edited by BavarianBeast; 01-21-2015 at 04:37 PM.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

I've driven the GTR and it was pretty fun, but go for an exotic or GT3 imo. Although go for way more than 5 laps, I did 7 and it wasn't nearly enough as each lap is about a minute.

Only downfall is they weren't keen on you revving till redline for some reason.

Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

My Ride
    This and that.

Choices are the one that Mibz posted above or

http://www.worldclassdriving.com

To be honest I am leaning towards the World Class Driving simply because I think the 5 laps will be over so soon that I'd be left wanting more. World Class you get to drive 3 super cars but the downside of course is that you can't exactly drive them fast.

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by Canmorite
    I've driven the GTR and it was pretty fun, but go for an exotic or GT3 imo. Although go for way more than 5 laps, I did 7 and it wasn't nearly enough as each lap is about a minute.

Only downfall is they weren't keen on you revving till redline for some reason.

So if each lap is about a minute you're done driving in 5? That sounds so little.

I'd rather spend 10 minutes driving a supercar on a track than 2 hours driving one at 50%.

When you're done you will absolutely want to keep doing it. That's the point. It's really fucking fun.

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by BavarianBeast

http://www.worldclassdriving.com/dri...tics-las-vegas

They let you rip.
    If that is actually the case then I am definitely sold for this one as the speed is the only thing sort of holding me back on it.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I personally found it pretty boring when I drove the MP4-12C at the track there. I would rather spend my money for a day in my own car at Castrol than 10 laps in someone elses super car.

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Did the Exotic Racing and it was a load of fun. Like others have said, 5 laps is not nearly enough, and go for the track cars. I drove the Mercedes SLS and the F430 Scuderia. lThe SLS was meh but the F430 was soooooo much fun.

I would definitly do it again It's so expensive though since a lap is only ~1 min, especially now that the exchange rate is 1.25. When I did it I had originally signed up for only the min of 5 laps for each car, but they offered a 'promo' during the event that let you add extra laps for a discount (cheaper than if you had just signed up for more laps in your reservation). I'm guessing it's an offer they make every time so maybe you can just sign up for the minimum 5 laps, and then add on the extra laps at the event itself in case they offer the same discount.

My Ride
    Bicycle

3 options:

Exoticsracing.com

Exotics on a track. As fast as you can drive them. You qualify for group rate for 10+ so it may be cheaper than posted rate or you may get a couple laps thrown in.

Pro
    - all 10 of you will fit into the party.
    - Goes balls out on track.

Con
    - Average track time is about 40s per lap. 5 lap package is around 4mins and you would just get a taste. You'll need more laps to fully experience a car.
    - Track changed every 2 years. I went back in Oct 2014 and the straight is too short for my liking this time out.
    - Waiting for your ride could be long depends on your group. Expect to spend 2hr minimum there for 10 laps.

This has always been my go to. Too bad I missed the MP4-12C this time out as it's no longer offered.

worldclassdriving.com

Exotics on public road / semi public road inside Red Rock Canyon Park.

Pro
    - Longer exposure for lower price
    - You get 12-15mins per car, tour is about 2-3hrs end to end.
    - Slight elevation change in Red Rock Canyon park adds a bit of variance on experience

Con
    - Exotic on public road = no balls out, no passing, single file. Everyone do the elastic driving to add buffer to a bit of balls out driving but those are 10-12s tops. And got forbid if you have a noob or a chick in front of you and won't punch it.

- Only 4 cars in a group. Even with 8 people going, there are only 4 driving sessions within a tour, the other 4 guys are only out there for the ride. Could be a nightmare for 10 guys.

These guys runs 3 sessions a day. The 1st and last session get to drive the cars out to/from the shop and you get a bit more seat time on freeways. But I won't call those quality time as you have to worry about random assholes on the freeways.

Fun starts when you hit Red Rock Canyon park. As you get rotated thru 4 cars, make sure the ones you really want to experience is the middle 2 where they get the longest run time in the canyon. The park IS patrolled but since the group is sandwiched by lead and tail cars, you get warnings to behave.

It's fun in a sense that you get to match the lovely songs of V8s along with a scenic drive. But if speed is what you are looking for, you won't get it. The best I can squeeze out of them is about 120mph before I have to hit the brakes.

EDIT: As BavarianBeast said, you can rip it and since no staff sit next to you, all you get is a warning if they don't like what you are doing.

But as I said, it's a group of 4, you have to intentionally go slow to give yourself space then rip it, then slow down and then rip it again.

Rental

Cost more than WorldClass, limited mileage, pretty much same experience as WorldClass unless you are picking up hookers with it.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-21-2015 at 05:44 PM.

My Ride
    This and that.

Actually I think I confused everyone by saying 10 people are going. What I meant was that 10 people are going to Vegas but not everyone will want to do this part. I think so far only 2 people really want to do it. Me and a buddy and the rest are planning on getting hammered all the time.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 01-21-2015 at 05:36 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by shakalaka
    Actually I think I confused everyone by saying 10 people are going. What I mean was that 10 people are going to Vegas but not everyone will want to do this part. I think so far only 2 people really want to do it. Me and a buddy and the rest are planning on getting hammered all the time.
    If that's the case, either will be fine. Just depends on what you are looking for.

Be careful with WorldClass as you don't get to choose the car. There are 4 in a group but since an R8 died the date I went, they replace it with a 458. So there are 2 458s in a group of 4, which is great when you are sharing with 2 (each of you get to experience 458) but sucks if you are by yourself and you have to drive the same car twice.

And if there are 2 of you, that means you get to drive 2 each for around $1100 (primary driver + secondary + insurance). And you may have a fight on your hand on who get to drive what.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-21-2015 at 05:36 PM.

My Ride
    This and that.

We were actually planning to book separately. Cause if it's two drivers I read it's extra $199 but then you share it. So we are both separately going to book the $499 sessions. That way both of us will be driving all the time and we both get to try 3 different super cars.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by shakalaka
    We were actually planning to book separately. Cause if it's two drivers I read it's extra $199 but then you share it. So we are both separately going to book the $499 sessions. That way both of us will be driving all the time and we both get to try 3 different super cars.
    That's not a bad way to go.

My Ride
    This and that.

I spoke to them and found out what the last tour on the day we want to go is so we get to drive a little extra back to the office lol. They also gave a $25 coupon code haha.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 01-21-2015 at 06:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast