Quantcast
parking fail - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: parking fail

Default parking fail

i was at the Ice Magic Festival this morning and met this smartass.
    we exchanged a few nice words, he's 101% right according to him.
    video is muted for lots unnecessary sounds.

who's wrong here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC2BFrudc_Q

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Lol, what a dickhead. Should have let him run into you.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Can't driver because I'm legally blind

I bet he can lift 300lbs 1rm

Well. The camera clearly caught him backing up. You also being a dick even pulled up more with his reverse lights on.

See it from his point of view. People change parking spots.

I also see it from your point of view that you thought he left. You're the dick IMO

I think he is the dick... If i were you i would not have backed up as you were already 75% of the way in.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Originally posted by GQBalla
    Well. The camera clearly caught him backing up. You also being a dick even pulled up more with his reverse lights on.

See it from his point of view. People change parking spots.

I also see it from your point of view that you thought he left. You're the dick IMO
    maybe you need to see it better.
    I was little hard on the brake and it was slippery up there at lake louise, pulled up more? nope. if I was the dickhead I would've not move an inch.

as you said, I thought he's leaving anyway, so even if I knew he was going to backup, it would've been to avoid something like a snowbank or people that's in front of him.

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    Lol, what a dickhead. Should have let him run into you.
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    I think he is the dick... If i were you i would not have backed up as you were already 75% of the way in.

i try my best to avoid any accidents whether I'm right or wrong.
    and i was up there to have a good time with my family so was he, so why ruin it.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by GQBalla

I think the other guy was a bigger dick because he obviously saw him, but just kept backing up anyways, that's just unnecessary aggression.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-02-2020 at 10:17 PM.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

The fact that you had to exchange a few words with the guy says a lot about you. Yeah, he backed up, and it looked kinda stupid, but so what? I would have just shaken my head at most.

I would have just said "Oh, I thought you were leaving so I was caught by surprise that you wanted to go into this space."

Why get upset over something so trivial.

Edit: Oh, and what 01RedDX said.
    Last edited by Disoblige; 01-24-2015 at 09:32 PM.

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    OP drove through a tandem parking space, which you're not supposed to do. It's fine when there's no one there, otherwise the person closest to the space and already backing or pulling in, gets priority.
    This.

Okay. I see your point.

Little slippery out there we can say that. You sure handled the slip quite nice as you pulled right in and stopped. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Both parties could have handled it better. Exchanging words aren't neccesary. Posting a video on a public forum is just bitching and asking if I am right or not.

Originally posted by Disoblige
    The fact that you had to exchange a few words with the guy says a lot about you. Yeah, he backed up, and it looked kinda stupid, but so what? I would have just shaken my head at most.

I would have just said "Oh, I thought you were leaving so I was caught by surprise that you wanted to go into this space."

Why get upset over something so trivial.
    chill, it was literally just few lines of who's right or wrong, no name calling or bad mouthing other than a few stares at each other at the end and we were off our ways.

nothing too upset about it. I didn't know he was trying to back into that spot. all I know was he's leaving and yes caught by surprise. he's got a backup camera so I wasn't afraid of him make contact.

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    OP drove through a tandem parking space, which you're not supposed to do. It's fine when there's no one there, otherwise the person closest to the space and already backing or pulling in, gets priority.
    um.. if I knew he's going for that spot, sure he could've have it all he wants. but I saw him leaving, and he wasn't even backing in yet when I was already on the move to drive in.
    if he would've step out and say back the F off instead of inching back on me like that (he's got a backup camera), I would've been much happier to start my trip.

and yes most people will drive through a tandem parking space like that, you and me included.

Like someone mentioned already you were trying to take that space illegally. .. he had a right to it. .. so you were wrong. What were you getting mad about? That he changed his mind which he had every right to and prevented you from taking a space the wrong way"? FFs the guy even thanked you when he got out. ..
    Last edited by Canucks3322; 01-24-2015 at 10:24 PM.

Originally posted by Canucks3322
    Like someone mentioned already you were trying to take that space illegally. .. he had a right to it. .. so you were wrong.
    yes he should've let me know on the phone that he's not leaving and wanted that spot.

i'm so sorry I broke the law, forgive me!

I don't understand why you keep saying you assumed he was leaving. .. you've never changed your mind and wanted a different spot? It's not like he was driving out from that exact spot. .that woud actually change things a bit but even then. .. you'd still be in the wrong.

Honestly the guy got out and said thanks... you sound the type of driver that thinks everyone is out to fuck around with you and your just itching for it to happen so you can blow off some steam....dick.
    Last edited by Canucks3322; 01-24-2015 at 10:29 PM.

Originally posted by Canucks3322
    I don't understand why you keep saying you assumed he was leaving. .. you've never changed your mind and wanted a different spot? It's not like he was driving out from that exact spot. .that woud actually change things a bit but even then. .. you'd still be in the wrong.

Honestly the guy got out and said thanks... you sound the type of driver that thinks everyone is out to fuck around with you and your just itching for it to happen so you can blow off some steam....dick.
    so If I see you parked at a futureshop parking stall and process to leave, I should always assume you are taking the next open spot instead of you done your shopping and leave?
    and I should never drive thru parking space like that because one of the park cars around it might make a move for it? ok, I am sorry.

and I did say "you are very welcome" in my video.

No Im saying you can do it everyone does it but if someone is gonna take it its theirs you have to let them because they're taking it legally and you're not. It's happened to me before and guess what... I just backed up and took the space that Im supposed to take, just outof respectand common courtesy.... and afterall, the ARE two spaces you know.
    Last edited by Canucks3322; 01-24-2015 at 11:11 PM.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Can someone post the section that prohits what OP was going to go? Can't find it anywhere.

Either way, it wasn't clear that the Lexus wanted the spot so its not like OP acted like a jerk
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast