Quantcast
installing taillights - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: installing taillights

My Ride
    2004 Toyota Corolla LE

Lightbulb installing taillights

I'm new hear, and don't know if i'm asking this at the right place..but i'll put it out there anyway. I am interested in buying some new altezza's for my corolla, but don't want to get something i can't put in myself. Does anyone know what i'll need or just how to install them without screwing anything up? Any help or suggestions would be cool.

screw driver, common sense. very easy

My Ride
    2004 Toyota Corolla LE

i've heard to be careful and make sure everything seals back correctly...to prevent leaks ...is it an issue or just putting it all back the same way it came out is fool proof?

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Installing tailights is so easy. All you'll have to do is figure out how they are attached to the car, and use a ratchet or something to take them off.. you'll have to seal the altezzas if they are shitty quality, but thats to be expected right?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

altezzas

My Ride
    750Li

Originally posted by Chester
    altezzas

Originally posted by samhdz
    i've heard to be careful and make sure everything seals back correctly...to prevent leaks ...is it an issue or just putting it all back the same way it came out is fool proof?
    If you're just changing taillights, its a matter of unscrewing/unbolting the stock lights and puting the new ones in. It doesn't involve taking the stock lights apart, where resealing would be an issuing.
    Damn +44411's

My Ride
    2009 Impreza

Originally posted by ~$eanith~
    you'll have to seal the altezzas if they are shitty quality,
    Heh, I was surprised at the quality of my altezzas. The thing is, I got them off e-bay thinking I was buying something else (the guy was advertising all clears, but it turned out to be altezzas) but was too lazy to do anything about it and just stuck with them. They're pretty good quality, had no problems fitting them on the car and no leaks either.

Also, I don't see what peoples beef is with altezzas...

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by powerslave

Also, I don't see what peoples beef is with altezzas...
    I used to have altezzas, and the quality was lacking at best. Also as more people started to get them, I realized they look tacky and just plain ugly IMO.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”

My Ride
    2004 Toyota Corolla LE

thanks for the helpful tips, but i didn't know there was a issue with these type of lights? I just thought they looked better than the stock lights.....oh well, it's obviously a matter of preference

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

You'll see how preferences change.. trust me. Save your money and get something worthwhile. Just my $0.02.