Quantcast
Tankless water heater possible issue - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Tankless water heater possible issue

Default Tankless water heater possible issue

We just bought a new house in November and the house came with a Navien NR-210 tankless water heater. This is my first home with a tankless equipped, and I am hoping to get some insight on the noise it makes.

When we are running two or more appliances (ie. Shower and Washer) it makes excessive vibrations throughout the house, very loud resonating noise. Under light load it still makes noise, but not as bad. Before I spend the money on a callout, maybe it is a common fix/issue that I can self fix. The house itself is 5 years old, and afaik the machine was installed when it was built.

Any insight or help would be great!

Cheers

My Ride
    toyota MR2

They are noisy. I don't know if there is a way around that. There's a fan (looks like a turbo) that expels gasses (and heat?), I assume, that is pretty loud and kicks in regularly. We just started getting a vibration also.
    I believe ours was installed in 08' and the house was built in 01'. I wouldn't buy a tankless system unless they've come along way.

They need to be serviced yearly if you don't have a water softener. Otherwise you may void your warranty.
    Last edited by thinmyster; 01-26-2015 at 01:45 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    B8 Avant S-line

Sounds like it needs to be serviced... when was the last time it was flushed/cleaned? as mentioned above, it needs to be maintained yearly due to calcium buildup inside the machine.

i have a navien tankless too, only about a year old, and it doesn't vibrate my house or have excessive noise. I've been happy with it so far. I also installed a water softener, which is highly recommended if you have a tankless heater.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by Yuubah
    Sounds like it needs to be serviced... when was the last time it was flushed/cleaned? as mentioned above, it needs to be maintained yearly due to calcium buildup inside the machine.

i have a navien tankless too, only about a year old, and it doesn't vibrate my house or have excessive noise. I've been happy with it so far. I also installed a water softener, which is highly recommended if you have a tankless heater.
    Wouldn't it be constantly flushing when it's running?

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Default Re: Tankless water heater possible issue

Originally posted by Skrilla
    We just bought a new house in November and the house came with a Navien NR-210 tankless water heater. This is my first home with a tankless equipped, and I am hoping to get some insight on the noise it makes.

When we are running two or more appliances (ie. Shower and Washer) it makes excessive vibrations throughout the house, very loud resonating noise. Under light load it still makes noise, but not as bad. Before I spend the money on a callout, maybe it is a common fix/issue that I can self fix. The house itself is 5 years old, and afaik the machine was installed when it was built.

Any insight or help would be great!

Cheers
    Does yours have an outlet pipe where excess condensation drips out? Check that pipe to see if it is contacting the frame of your house.