Quantcast
bad code on my dad's beemer - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: bad code on my dad's beemer

Default bad code on my dad's beemer

2010 750li.. getting a p0303, and is shaking on startup... but I belive the code refers to Cyl 3

I'm hoping its as simple as a plugged DI injector, but does anyone have any experience with this engine?

Its off warranty, and the quote between the dealer vs Euroworks is substantial...

any experience with Euroworks, or who else in the city to deal with these late model cars?

Only got 62k on it, and its been in the shop for all sorts of warranty work in the last 4 years... jeeze

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

I recommend Viteks Autoworks, great guys and very solid pricing.

It's a 7 series, things are gonna be expensive. Get it fixed before anything gets worse, and do what they suggest.

http://kuksshop.com/

This is who my family uses, just talk to him and you'll see that he's very honest.

Sucks but like AE92 said, its a 7 series, i'm always shocked to see how low these go for used but this might be why. Hopefully its nothing major but avoid the dealer at all costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

P0303 is Cylinder #3 missfire code,

The possibility of it being either a bad coil or bad injector is high. BMWs are prone to bad injectors. BMW recommends a full set of injectors if one goes.

Known N63 engine problem. Read on;

On December 29th, 2014, BMW released Bulletin "B001314" or the "N63 Customer Care Package " affecting any vehicle that saw use of the 4.4-liter V-8 (N63B44O0) within the 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X5, and X6 model lines manufactured between 2008 and 2013. Dealership instructions include checking the timing chain for stretching and replacing it if necessary, replacing the fuel injectors, mass air flow sensors, crankcase vent lines, battery, engine vacuum pump and low pressure fuel sensor.

The sweeping recall also extended to vehicles that had gone out of warranty, no matter how many miles were accumulated on the vehicle. As of January 12th, 2015, this campaign is applicable only to US customers and has not been extended to Canadian owners of the affected models.

Additionally, the service interval would be shortened to nearly half, with a 12 month/10,000 mile (16,000 km) check-up instead of the long-life treatment the BMW had been maintaining up to that point, requiring a check every 2 years and 15,000 miles (25,000 km).

in June of 2013, dealerships had received a service bulletin regards to the N63 powerplant, which amended the oil capacity requirements of the engine, adding a full (1) US quart to the capacity of the motor, citing "increased oil consumption" in the twin turbo V8.

So, not recalled in Canada yet. However, knowing BMW they might but it will take more time. Happened to my mini back in the day. PS pump went and it was recalled in states but not up here. I repaired and sold the car and it cost me 1500 bucks. Then the recall came out a year later and they sent me a letter! Argh!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by JustinMCS
    So, not recalled in Canada yet. However, knowing BMW they might but it will take more time. Happened to my mini back in the day. PS pump went and it was recalled in states but not up here. I repaired and sold the car and it cost me 1500 bucks. Then the recall came out a year later and they sent me a letter! Argh!
    What's with BMW/Mini Canada not doing any of these major recalls? Same thing happened to my parent's Mini, US issued a campaign for the timing chain tensioner, none in Canada. Sure enough, failed and engine blew, and they had to pay out of pocket to replace the damn thing.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Probably too late for your dad now, but BMW does offer an extended warranty in Canada for vehicles newer than 2011. Would have probably paid for itself if since your dads car was that bad IN warranty.

http://www.bmw.ca/ca/en/owners/servi..._Warranty.html
    Last edited by revelations; 01-29-2015 at 09:50 AM.

^ Damn. I am reconsidering whether or not I should be looking at the 550 for my next purchase.

My Ride
    1290SDR, 701SM

That car was a nightmare and the one of the reasons I got rid of it. It was at BMW once a month for something.

Pull coil, test it, if good, then new injector. If bad, replace coil.
    Not too hard to change either of those. If on budget, you could do just the one and hope it wasn't an issue with all the inj or coils.

I really need to open a BMW shop. With all these aging bmw's in this city. Gold mine...

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

Originally posted by mr2mike
    Pull coil, test it, if good, then new injector. If bad, replace coil.
    Not too hard to change either of those. If on budget, you could do just the one and hope it wasn't an issue with all the inj or coils.
    If they're easy to get to, could the guy just swap the coil pack to another cylinder and the injector to yet another and see where the problem moves to?

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Originally posted by carson blocks

If they're easy to get to, could the guy just swap the coil pack to another cylinder and the injector to yet another and see where the problem moves to?
    You cannot do this with Direct injection, Damage to teflon seals on removal is almost unavoidable, and no way will the average consumer know where to get the seal install tools, or that there is a service kit when you pull an injector.

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

Originally posted by RickDaTuner

You cannot do this with Direct injection, Damage to teflon seals on removal is almost unavoidable, and no way will the average consumer know where to get the seal install tools, or that there is a service kit when you pull an injector.
    Ah, missed that it was DI. Haven't messed with those yet, but from the sounds of it,they aren't mega DIY friendly.

Originally posted by revelations
    Probably too late for your dad now, but BMW does offer an extended warranty in Canada for vehicles newer than 2011. Would have probably paid for itself if since your dads car was that bad IN warranty.

http://www.bmw.ca/ca/en/owners/servi..._Warranty.html
    Mind if i get a couple kicks in too while hes down

The problems already happened so i don't see how you can say "probably too late" lol and His dads car is a 2010

Originally posted by rage2

What's with BMW/Mini Canada not doing any of these major recalls? Same thing happened to my parent's Mini, US issued a campaign for the timing chain tensioner, none in Canada. Sure enough, failed and engine blew, and they had to pay out of pocket to replace the damn thing.
    I completely share the frustration that US and Canada MINI/BMW are kept so separate. They should at least keep the warranty the same. It's so frustrating, it's the same vehicle being sold on the same continent, but that invisible line that is the border suddenly changes the warranty. Or they are slow to follow suit. I don't get it.

Thanks for all the help guys...
    contacted BMW Canada to pleasd a case for B001314, trying to get them to explain as to why "Canada" was excluded.

They so far have claimed it had to do with parts availability through their supply chain and that this is being rectified and now the car will be placed in high priority for a recall repair.