Quantcast
Good exercises - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good exercises

Default Good exercises

Does anybody know good exercises to tone muscle? primarily upper body

also anybody goto mt royal and goto the gym? i need somebody to go with and keep me motivated.

thx
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

Sex. I'm serious, I read that it help tone the body.

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Cardio and diet man, cardio and diet
    Autosignature

ecstasy_civic is offline MMA guru, but still rage2's bitch
    My Ride
    08 Si

not completley true
    Ive got a good upperbody going and I hardly eat well and only do about 20-25min of cardio per workout.

I have some great exercises if your interested, PM me.

My Ride
    2001 Dodge Dakota Sport

Depends what area(s) you want to tone up? If overall you just to be leaner, then adjust your diet, do some cardio and high rep weight training. Problem solved.

RAGINGHULK
    What we do in life...echos in eternity

My Ride
    TRD Pro

If you can swim at all, that is a huge help for toning. One of the better Cardio activities, as you work more muscle goups then other activities

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by RAGINGHULK
    Depends what area(s) you want to tone up? If overall you just to be leaner, then adjust your diet, do some cardio and high rep weight training. Problem solved.

RAGINGHULK
    High rep weight training for tone is a myth. But definately watch the diet and cardio.

You gotta build up some bulk before you can tone...

My Ride
    94' Terd

If you do roughly 12-15 reps on your exercises it will build a leaner more toned muscle, 6-8 will build you bulk.

My Ride
    2001 Dodge Dakota Sport

Dubbed is right, David is wrong unless what I did for years never really worked. But it actually did. Granted you DO need some muscle in oder to tone it up but in order to acquire a leaner physique then 12-15 reps if not higher is the way to go as opposed to 6-8 or as low as 3-5.

RAGINGHULK
    What we do in life...echos in eternity

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by RAGINGHULK
    Dubbed is right, David is wrong unless what I did for years never really worked. But it actually did. Granted you DO need some muscle in oder to tone it up but in order to acquire a leaner physique then 12-15 reps if not higher is the way to go as opposed to 6-8 or as low as 3-5.

RAGINGHULK
    I just got my information from body building forums I frequent. I'm sure what you did worked but it doesn't necessarily mean it was the best. Obviously things are different for different people but at the same time there is a lot more science in lifting now. I mean, in high school I gained muscle while eating donuts and pizza but that doesn't necessarily mean it was the best way. Anyways, an article that is commonly referred to for the 'repetition dispute' is this: http://www.t-mag.com/nation_articles/299prog.jsp

You guys can think whatever you want...like I said different things work for different people. Unfortunately the things personal trainers teach you are different from the goals for a lot of people. If you want endurance in your muscles for athletcis or some other purpose then for sure do over 12 reps...but if you're trying to look better (which is what I assumed when answering your question) then read the article and figure it out for yourself.

name a muscle and ill give you my opinion on the best exercise for it. i agree with david, swimming is killer, i get a wicked sleep after a few laps in the pool.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by Wildcat
    name a muscle and ill give you my opinion on the best exercise for it. i agree with david, swimming is killer, i get a wicked sleep after a few laps in the pool.
    The only reason high reps would 'define' you is the same reason as swimming does. Doing higher reps means expending more energy - expending more energy means burning more calories which means after depleting other energy stores, burning more fat calories which in turn lowers your bf % and makes your muscles look purdy. Unfortunately a smart lifter would lift to achieve functional or structural hypertrophy and then hop on the treadmill to burn the fat.

just lift as much weight as you can, as many times as you can... try to get up to 10, but probally wount get there, builds your muscle amazinly fast! ive gained a good 10-12 pounds in the past 2-3 months doing that...

Back, bicepts, forearms, chest, and abs

wanna make em a tiny bit bigger and definatly more toned heh

i work out regulararly but i think im doing something wrong cause im gettin stronger but not bigger/toned
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by 403Gemini

i work out regulararly but i think im doing something wrong cause im gettin stronger but not bigger/toned
    I'm going to work on writing up a FAQ for this forum I think based on knowledge I have gained from other forums and personal experience. I'm definatley not the biggest guy in the gym (I sorta slid once I got a good gf...) but I have read quite a few books and forums on lifting.

A good question that I need to know before telling you what to try is what your current physique is like. When you say a bit bigger and definately more toned it sounds like you've got a high body fat percentage and you're just looking to cut that down. That may be good if you have a solid base but what I think you probably should do is try to bulk up first for a few months and then wait and see what happens. If you follow a 'clean' bulk with a proper diet and good lifting habits you may find your weight increasing but slowly your body fat will go down.

I'm not sure if you're a beginner or not either...maybe post up what your current stats are and what you're diet/routine/supps are and I'll try to give you the best advice I can.

Originally posted by 403Gemini

Best exercises imo:

tricepts- close hand bench press
    biceps- preacher curls
    forearms- finger rolls w/ barbell
    chest- bench press
    abs- inclined sit-ups

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    an old boat...hahaha

not all body are the same...if ur a li'l bit on the tall side...it takes a while to build up muscles. besides if u wanna get leaner, it takes a lot of commitment to the gym not just a li'l bit of an exercise.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

^ When it comes to body building there are different body types yes....but tall isn't really one of them. You have to focus your goals on what sort of body type you have:

Ectomorph: Short upper body, long arms and legs, long and narrow feet and hands, very little fat storage, narrow chest and shoulders and generally long thing muscles.

Mesomorph: Large chest, long torso, solid muscle structure and great strength.

Endomorph: Soft musculature, round face, short neck, wide hips, and heavy fat storage.

Obviously no one is only one of these 3 types but a combination of each. Once you know what your type is that is how you can then decide on where to focus your training. ie. Endomorph needs to pay strict attention to their diet where a Ectomorph should eat everythign in sight.

im 5'11 and 155 lbs, so im not fat lol

im actually pretty small and thats my problem. im just not getting bigger. i wanna just make my muscles more apparent and put a lil bit more muscle on.

i cant honestly say im either of those three,

not ecto cause i have a larger upper body than my legs

not meso because im not large chested or ripped

and not endo cause i aint overweight heh (and i have very narrow hips)

if anything id hafta say its a mix between the ecto and meso. mostly ecto just cause i have very little fat storage, but a regular sized torso

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast