Quantcast
I'm looking for a good Home/auto insurance Co. - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: I'm looking for a good Home/auto insurance Co.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Keep in mind that the majority of Aviva reviews are for U.K. based clients.

If you want any kind of endorsement, I own the brokerage and my own vehicles & home are insured through Aviva. If I had any kind of reservations about their product I probably wouldn't write my personal stuff with them...lol.

Also, read my post from May 7/15.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Originally posted by ee2k

I found TD MM to have bloated pricing. They get to you through promotions via your alma matter, your professional association etc and say they are offering you special rates. Rates are special alright, especially when they quote a single car's insurance at $160/mo when others go as low as $70/mo. Their rates are like corporate rates that rental car companies charge, no they are not discounted, they are more but whoever is swiping the corporate card doesn't care and just goes for it.

In my case, RBC Insurance offers my company's employees discounted rates which are unreal even after adding full coverage, loss of use, coverage for driving someone else's car including rental cars etc. So, check with your employer if their financial/insurance company offers similar things. And when bundling it all with home insurance, I couldn't go anywhere else.
    I guess i'll be the only one to go against the grain and mention that TD MM was cheaper for me than the quote i got from Touchstone (2 cars + 1 house).

That said, I will definitely try a quote again next year at renewal time.

point is always shop around even if beyond unanimously recommends someone/some company

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

I think doesn't matter what company it is you will find negative reviews online. We have been with Statefarm for over 25 years. Haven't had a claim for over a decade and service have been good when it comes to paperwork and questions. Couple years ago I shopped around the prices were over $1000 more for 2 cars and house insurance.

This time around we went are going with the person who got back to us first. Both companies I contacted are very reputable. Will be thru Aviva. Save several hundred a year. Hope for a good business relationship, and no claims :-)

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

+10578433 for touchstone

Chatting with Darren on the phone feels like you're chatting with a good friend, that just happens to really know a lot about insurance.

Had a problem with intact recently, and had to play a few rounds of email tag to get a hold of somebody since Darren was on vacation (and because I'm too lazy too, and hate, calling) so sent an email to Bill and he got back right away, telling me Darren had already sorted it out before he even left. The problem was solved before I even got a hold of them. Now that's service

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by bigbadboss101
    I think doesn't matter what company it is you will find negative reviews online. We have been with Statefarm for over 25 years. Haven't had a claim for over a decade and service have been good when it comes to paperwork and questions. Couple years ago I shopped around the prices were over $1000 more for 2 cars and house insurance.

This time around we went are going with the person who got back to us first. Both companies I contacted are very reputable. Will be thru Aviva. Save several hundred a year. Hope for a good business relationship, and no claims :-)
    Statefarm was great but man do you pay a premium when you cross shop rates. I was loyal for a good 12 years and then switched.

Intact through 1-up (ray) has been good to me.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

Originally posted by jabjab
    Aviva reviews are horrible!

I just got quote that is significantly lower than what I pay now but a little reluctant to switch giving what I've read about Aviva.
    I have had clients told me to use another company because Aviva's online reviews are so bad even though they have the best rates.

Personally I have never had an issue dealing with Aviva and they are the 2nd biggest insurance company in Canada + they own RBC Insurance.
    Last edited by guessboi; 09-01-2016 at 01:33 PM.
    Insurance Pro

I did a quote on Aviva's website, it was exactly what I pay with Intact right now.

I have my life insurance with Cooperators, they actually gave me a quote for home/auto that was about 10% less.

Last edited by Amysicle; 12-06-2019 at 09:31 PM.

I just switched today, saved about 85 bucks a month!

My Ride
    TDi

I will be switching from TD to Aviva this month and will be saving a ton of money. Bigger house and cheaper than TD..✌️
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    '18 Murano

I'm with Intact right now, and have had 3 non-fault claims (2 were other driver, 1 was hail) in the last few years and the claim process was smooth and trouble-free, no hassles choosing my preferred body shop.

I'm up for renewal in November, and Aviva is coming in at about $300.00 less per year, and still a 250 deductible for comp (Intact just went up to 500)

So giving it some serious thought.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3