Quantcast
Legacy Gate Condo's - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Legacy Gate Condo's

My Ride
    1.8T

Default Legacy Gate Condo's

I am in the market for a condo and I am pretty set on a unit in Legacy Gates. Its a new development and possession is expect in spring of next year.

Anyone have any opinions on Legacy Gate and the home builder Carlisle?

Thanks.
    1994 Acura Integra LS (write off)
    1995 Acura Integra GSR (sold)
    1999 Honda Civic SIR (sold)
    1999 Volkswagen Passat 1.8t (DD)

Carlisle is shit, used to be Point of View

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/327913/ha...igosky-condos/

Probably a wood building, would stay away, too noisy. Also, that is so far away it's almost okotoks.

just for laughs I went to see some units at their Albert Park Station condo project a few months ago. You could hear people walking around 3 floors above you lol. It was horrid sound proofing. Probably worse than most 40 year old buildings.

My Ride
    V8s

Ah, the new Pointe of View. Stay away. Far far way.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Carlisle is the new name of Pointe of View. Budget based projects and lots of problems. With that said though I don't think you're going to find anyone that builds stuff on a budget that has fantastic quality. People are complaining about the soundproofing (or lack thereof) but my very first property was a POV condo in Somerset and other than the freight train that ran 50 feet from our balcony, that building was super quiet. The neighbour had a small dog and we never heard it. I was actually quite happy with the finished product once we got in. The build process on the other hand was a nightmare. There were people in our building that didn't get possession until close to a year after what they were originally told.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
    my very first property was a POV condo in Somerset and other than the freight train that ran 50 feet from our balcony, that building was super quiet. The neighbour had a small dog and we never heard it. I was actually quite happy with the finished product once we got in. The build process on the other hand was a nightmare. There were people in our building that didn't get possession until close to a year after what they were originally told.
    We were clearly in the same building and I also had no issues with noise or build quality for the 3(?) years I was in there. I've come to accept that I'm the exception, not the rule, when it comes to PoV.

My Ride
    1.8T

Carlisle is the new name of Pointe of View. Budget based projects and lots of problems. With that said though I don't think you're going to find anyone that builds stuff on a budget that has fantastic quality. People are complaining about the soundproofing (or lack thereof) but my very first property was a POV condo in Somerset and other than the freight train that ran 50 feet from our balcony, that building was super quiet. The neighbour had a small dog and we never heard it. I was actually quite happy with the finished product once we got in. The build process on the other hand was a nightmare. There were people in our building that didn't get possession until close to a year after what they were originally told.
    Was there any other problems you had other than sound proofing? Dramatic increases in condo fees, etc?

*edit* - I noticed most of the complaints from from 3-5 years ago, have things improved with them with there newer developments? For instance, Albert Park, Riverfront, anyone currently living in a newer development?
    Last edited by RNB11; 02-11-2015 at 05:01 PM.

I think the best you can do is have your expectations managed. If they say Spring of next year? Add 6-10 months on that. Also ignore the condo fees they are currently set it at. Think 40-44 cents a square foot not the 28-32 cents most developers start it at.

You should expect it to be full of renters/investors as well.

I do know point of view has had a few large scale fires with their projects in calgary and edmonton and one in bc if i remember correct.

Personally i would search out other cheap end builders who still care about their reputation.
    Last edited by gwill; 02-11-2015 at 06:02 PM.

My Ride

Originally posted by Mibz
    We were clearly in the same building and I also had no issues with noise or build quality for the 3(?) years I was in there. I've come to accept that I'm the exception, not the rule, when it comes to PoV.
    I think we were building 3000??? The complex immediately West of the train tracks but East of the complex that borders 6th Street. We were the second building in.

Originally posted by RNB11

Was there any other problems you had other than sound proofing? Dramatic increases in condo fees, etc?

*edit* - I noticed most of the complaints from from 3-5 years ago, have things improved with them with there newer developments? For instance, Albert Park, Riverfront, anyone currently living in a newer development?
    Our place was built in 2000 (I think) and we were only there for two years. No significant changes in condo fees during that time but I heard that a couple of years later one or two of the buildings in our complex had some pretty bad mold problems and there was a big lawsuit against POV. I don't know any of the specifics though.

Edit: Well, at least I'm consistent. Read the last 10 or so posts.
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/pointe-o...=&pagenumber=4
    Last edited by Masked Bandit; 02-12-2015 at 08:42 AM.

My Ride
    1.8T

What are some older POV/Carlisle developments? Would love to go check them out first hand.

Appreciate the opinions!

I think we were building 3000??? The complex immediately West of the train tracks but East of the complex that borders 6th Street. We were the second building in.
    Well never mind then, we were on the East side.

You can read an article about the project here if you haven't seen it already:

http://calgaryherald.com/life/homes/...y-developments

Aside from the potential build quality, which I can't comment on (don't know anything about POV/Carlisle). I can say (I live in Legacy), this project has already been delayed once, construction was supposed to start last summer, with possessions this fall (You can see that in an article here: http://www.calgaryherald.com/special...se_for_Web.pdf).

If the build quality turns out to be alright, you'll have a nice place. It's going to be in walking distance from a walkable shopping area (street fronted stores, like McKenzie Towne's high street but larger).

My Ride

Originally posted by Mibz
    Well never mind then, we were on the East side.
    Right behind the Zellers (Target)?

Right behind the Zellers (Target)?
    Yup.

My Ride
    Harley Nightster

Don't want to hijack this thread, but don't want to make a new one, how about the Cranford Walk Townhouses (Cranston)? These are Brookfield made, and very interested in one of the units in there (3bdrm) - anyone have any insight on these?

My Ride
    Acura CL

I've owed 2 POV
    Both garbage...never again
    I could her my neighbors flush the toilet lol

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by The_1
    I've owed 2 POV
    Both garbage...never again
    I could her my neighbors flush the toilet lol
    God damn Kev. That is The Worst lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Why dont you check for lawsuits against POV or Carlisle group.. It would be the best way to check their track record. Typically if a condo board is suing the developer you won't hear about it because most won't talk about it.