Quantcast
Volkswagen Golf R/GTI Mega Thread - Page 48 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 48 of 63 FirstFirst ... 38 47 48 49 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Volkswagen Golf R/GTI Mega Thread

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because nobody here really cares what your Accord traps (dude we really don't care) and we are discussing a great (maybe the best) all around car in the GTI as magazine numbers really don't matter that much in the real world. You will come to understand when you get older that the magazine numbers are not as important as the overall package.
    Go on, I'm learning. Did you miss the part where I said that my brother owns an MK7 with a few mods that I've borrowed?
    It is a great car. Germanic door "thunk" nice fat steering wheel and the DSG is a treat, luxurious interior for the price.

I just think it's quite boring looking, the engine has no character (but lotsa torque which is fun) and it's not
    fast, even the Golf R is pretty lacking.

My 97 SS will eat a stock R alive without breaking a sweat. Heck my Accord would make
    one work for a win. If you're going to put R in the name, it had better live up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowed_point View Post
    Go on, I'm learning. Did you miss the part where I said that my brother owns an MK7 with a few mods that I've borrowed?
    It is a great car. Germanic door "thunk" nice fat steering wheel and the DSG is a treat, luxurious interior for the price.

I just think it's quite boring looking, the engine has no character (but lotsa torque which is fun) and it's not
    fast, even the Golf R is pretty lacking.

My 97 SS will eat a stock R alive without breaking a sweat. Heck my Accord would make
    one work for a win. If you're going to put R in the name, it had better live up to it.
    I normally don't like to feed the troll, but what gives an engine character...

By eat a stock R alive what do you mean? 97 SS LT4 0-60 = 4.8, 13.1 1/4 mile, 2016 Golf R 0-60 = 4.5, 13.1 1/4 mile. So I really have zero clue what you might be referring to. The reason people harp on you for your apparent young age (reflected in all your posts/maturity) is because you constantly feel the need to talk about your two cars in comparison to everything.

In the case of your Camaro you are comparing a V8 rear wheel drive 2 door race car to a 4 banger, 4 door awd hatch.

I don't get the amount of posts just bashing the cars and then not really stating much of a comparison or reason. It fits a certain market, could be a bit cheaper but at the same time I believe the R is very good bang for the buck. At 45 grand you get ~300hp, all wheel, leather, tech packages, your cameras, touch screen etc etc. When I was shopping around nothing lower in cost really competes. Otherwise if you start looking at Infiniti, Lexus etc, you're definitely slower and more expensive, but get a good boost in luxury etc.
    I'm also not some homer like several guys in the mk7 fbook group who think the R is superior to c43/s4/435 etc etc My S4 smoked this car in almost every aspect.

But really just stop posting in here for the sake of typing words and going bla bla pos, bla bla 97 camaro, bla bla my HAWNDA.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I honestly have no idea who cross shops civics with GTI’s.
    Just to add some fuel to the fire...

https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/212...up-my-new-ride

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Yea, I went to check out the Civic Si and Acura CSX. I was close to getting the CSX, but for $50/month more, the GTI was a way better choice. The Si and CSX had to be driven really hard to go fast. This thing just goes when I floor it at any speed.

It sucks that none of the Honda/Acura guys would move on price at all.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by colinxx235 View Post

By eat a stock R alive what do you mean? 97 SS LT4 0-60 = 4.8, 13.1 1/4 mile, 2016 Golf R 0-60 = 4.5, 13.1 1/4 mile. So I really have zero clue what you might be referring to. The reason people harp on you for your apparent young age (reflected in all your posts/maturity) is because you constantly feel the need to talk about your two cars in comparison to everything.

In the case of your Camaro you are comparing a V8 rear wheel drive 2 door race car to a 4 banger, 4 door awd hatch.

I don't get the amount of posts just bashing the cars and then not really stating much of a comparison or reason. It fits a certain market, could be a bit cheaper but at the same time I believe the R is very good bang for the buck. At 45 grand you get ~300hp, all wheel, leather, tech packages, your cameras, touch screen etc etc. When I was shopping around nothing lower in cost really competes. Otherwise if you start looking at Infiniti, Lexus etc, you're definitely slower and more expensive, but get a good boost in luxury etc.
    I'm also not some homer like several guys in the mk7 fbook group who think the R is superior to c43/s4/435 etc etc My S4 smoked this car in almost every aspect.

But really just stop posting in here for the sake of typing words and going bla bla pos, bla bla 97 camaro, bla bla my HAWNDA.
    You don’t understand. When hallowed compares cars he is allowed whatever mods he wants vs everyone else needs to be stock on bald tires.
    Last edited by killramos; 02-14-2018 at 10:51 AM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    G37X

Troll? I'm offering some counter points and some feedback on various automobiles.

I'm sorry that you are so easily offended by someone who is questioning certain aspects of highly lauded performance vehicles.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

bla bla 97 camaro, bla bla my HAWNDA.
    @rage2 - > customer user title for Hallowed Point Nomination right here

My Ride
    LNF

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Just to add some fuel to the fire...

https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/212...up-my-new-ride
    "$34k with all the fees. MSRP was $35k + fees (pdi, freight, doc fees, etc). Monthly lease payments $550 I think"

Yikes.. 10 years later and the lease deal is way better now haha..

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by eglove View Post
    @rage2 - > customer user title for Hallowed Point Nomination right here
    Oh Mario, hello buddy! How do you like the GTi/R?

- - - Updated - - -

You don’t understand. When hallowed compares cars he is allowed whatever mods he wants vs everyone else needs to be stock on bald tires.
    Lol. Hmmm. If I can beat a 40 K+ "performance sports car" with 2 grand in intake/exhaust parts that is SAD. Your car is gonna take a lot more work
    so I ain't talking about your AMG.

A lot of what I post is tongue in cheek. Yes I live in Filipino Central and yes the "Beast" part is in jest. It's a friggin accord that happens to be pretty quick
    which is nothing more than a hilarious bonus to a DD.
    Last edited by Hallowed_point; 02-14-2018 at 11:22 AM.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

The golf R is the next car on the list unless the Raptor Ranger comes out

Troll? I'm offering some counter points and some feedback on various automobiles.

I'm sorry that you are so easily offended by someone who is questioning certain aspects of highly lauded performance vehicles.
    Since when is various your two cars. Several guys on the forums come in here having owned/driven etc all the major competitions that would fit in whether either by car class or price throughout a wide range. Essentially the only thing you can talk about is wanting manual, trap speed, 0-60 time and 1/4 time. Oh your speakers? well my 14 HAWNDA sounds great.

You reading my post and somehow coming to the conclusion I'm offended and not that someone is baffled by your immaturity and ignorance is why you see the responses directed at you as in the past.

I'm not going to quote the other part, but once again... how are you "beating" a 40k+ car. And if you want to play the 2k game, well lets play the $500 tune game that puts the car sub 4 seconds and now you're way behind. Or just throw a tiny bit of traction issues in so you can spin out your real wheel and watch awd launch control laugh in your face.

But let's take your 97 SS a step further in trying to compare. Old articles show it as costing $40k USD in 97. Averaging a few online inflation adjustment calculations puts that at ~$62K USD. Using todays current exchange rate that puts us at ~$78k CDN. So now... how sad is it that a $45k hatch can keep up with your "beastly" $78,000 rear wheel sports car. Oh lets not forget your $2k in exhaust/intake rounds it out to $80,000. So looks like a $45k + $500 tune is a pretty damn good value eh.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Next you are going to get accused of having a silver spoon in your mouth for owning a nice new car and how that makes it all irrelevant.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

A good old fashioned import vs domestic vs german car rumble!

Carry on.

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    A good old fashioned import vs domestic vs german car rumble!

Carry on.
    This guy gets it. Sigh. You're never too old to have fun. Maybe some of you just got old and boring.
    For the record, I've owned Japanese (Ohio/Ontario) GM & Ford (no more fords.) & VW (ugh.)

- - - Updated - - -

Since when is various your two cars. Several guys on the forums come in here having owned/driven etc all the major competitions that would fit in whether either by car class or price throughout a wide range. Essentially the only thing you can talk about is wanting manual, trap speed, 0-60 time and 1/4 time. Oh your speakers? well my 14 HAWNDA sounds great.

You reading my post and somehow coming to the conclusion I'm offended and not that someone is baffled by your immaturity and ignorance is why you see the responses directed at you as in the past.

I'm not going to quote the other part, but once again... how are you "beating" a 40k+ car. And if you want to play the 2k game, well lets play the $500 tune game that puts the car sub 4 seconds and now you're way behind. Or just throw a tiny bit of traction issues in so you can spin out your real wheel and watch awd launch control laugh in your face.

But let's take your 97 SS a step further in trying to compare. Old articles show it as costing $40k USD in 97. Averaging a few online inflation adjustment calculations puts that at ~$62K USD. Using todays current exchange rate that puts us at ~$78k CDN. So now... how sad is it that a $45k hatch can keep up with your "beastly" $78,000 rear wheel sports car. Oh lets not forget your $2k in exhaust/intake rounds it out to $80,000. So looks like a $45k + $500 tune is a pretty damn good value eh.
    My 97 SS does not have an LT4. I wish it did though! And I do appreciate the effort that you put into that. Again, I'm not saying the R is a bad car or slow
    with some work. Stock though, not that impressive. An Accord should not be tickling on your mirror on a pull.

Perhaps you've heard of adding 1 camshaft to a 350 engine. With the right spec, that puts you at well over 350 rwhp on a load bearing dyno. A stock LT1 SS traps
    around 106-107 at sea level. I have no traction issues as my SS has every bolt on underneath inc: konis, frame connectors and blah blah blah plus good sticky rubber.
    So there goes that argument.

The only issue is the 10 bolt rear end. That may explode with a good clutch dump. But you're taking chances at well if we are talking a heads up 0-60.

The question is: who's gonna see the check engine light first?
    Last edited by Hallowed_point; 02-14-2018 at 01:05 PM.

I'm pretty sure someone in here with a golf R is going to call you out, and you'll end up with an accord tail between your legs again, just like in the sti thread.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Next you are going to get accused of having a silver spoon in your mouth for owning a nice new car and how that makes it all irrelevant.
    Oh we are doing that now? Nice, I feel I can add some value here.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by dimi View Post
    I'm pretty sure someone in here with a golf R is going to call you out, and you'll end up with an accord tail between your legs again, just like in the sti thread.
    Sure. I'll race the SS. It's not a daily driver.

The 6-6 has slayed even more STi's & WRX's since last updates. Just didn't want to cause someone to have a meltdown here
    and figured that I'd keep that between me and the owner of said subby.

I'll bet that some of the owners are on here. But again, no one wants to admit that they got beat by an accord. It's
    humiliating. As they take that last huff of vape pen they get to hear that sweet J35 hit 5000-7000.

My Ride
    bus

Beast 6-6 > all

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

Not sure if it matters but my Golf R ran 13.0 at 105MPH stock, in Edmonton with less than desirable DA.

Also one of my coworkers has a 280hp Accord coupe, automatic however. But we did a pull after work and he had literally no chance. I let him hit 1st gear WOT and then I went and he was wayyyy behind. Ive even kept up to another coworkers Scat Pack 6.4L charger (although he was pulling on the top end a bit).

All in all the 6-6 accord is a great daily driver im sure and a well worthy car for its price point. Id own one.

Yes the VW will always get the CEL's first. lol.

This guy gets it. Sigh. You're never too old to have fun. Maybe some of you just got old and boring.
    For the record, I've owned Japanese (Ohio/Ontario) GM & Ford (no more fords.) & VW (ugh.)

- - - Updated - - -

My 97 SS does not have an LT4. I wish it did though! And I do appreciate the effort that you put into that. Again, I'm not saying the R is a bad car or slow
    with some work. Stock though, not that impressive. An Accord should not be tickling on your mirror on a pull.

Perhaps you've heard of adding 1 camshaft to a 350 engine. With the right spec, that puts you at well over 350 rwhp on a load bearing dyno. A stock LT1 SS traps
    around 106-107 at sea level. I have no traction issues as my SS has every bolt on underneath inc: konis, frame connectors and blah blah blah plus good sticky rubber.
    So there goes that argument.

The only issue is the 10 bolt rear end. That may explode with a good clutch dump. But you're taking chances at well if we are talking a heads up 0-60.

The question is: who's gonna see the check engine light first?

You've got some serious superiority complex issues.

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

Quote Originally Posted by eglove View Post
    The golf R is the next car on the list unless the Raptor Ranger comes out
    Ranger raptor is coming. ROW engine is a 2.0L diesel 210hp 370tq. But we will see a gas engine. Maybe a 2.3 out of the mustang but hopefully they shove the 2.7TT in there.

Page 48 of 63 FirstFirst ... 38 47 48 49 58 ... LastLast