Volkswagen Golf R/GTI Mega Thread - Page 59 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst ... 49 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1241

Thread: Volkswagen Golf R/GTI Mega Thread

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I won't even deal with a dealership that won't have 90% of the work done before I get there anymore and an already agreed upon price. Nobody has time for all their games and the back & forth "manager dance" which is an unbelievable waste of time for all parties involved. It can literally take hours while they feed you lie after lie. Now, I just have to show up to sign the papers and that's it, but some dealers won't even talk to you unless you show up in person.
    I agree. All those salesman ‘first pencil’ and manager required to negotiate the deal is bullshit. I feel sorry for the salesman, as they are the puppet for the manager.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

.. but some dealers won't even talk to you unless you show up in person.
    This is true and it is absolutely ridiculous. Unless I want to go in to test drive it, I don't need to be there in person to negotiate.
    I think they want you to be there in person because they think it gives them an edge to up sell you on shit.

Quote Originally Posted by HiSpec View Post
    I agree. All those salesman ‘first pencil’ and manager required to negotiate the deal is bullshit. I feel sorry for the salesman, as they are the puppet for the manager.
    I just couldn't imagine lying to someone's face over and over again all the while hoping they give up and agree to a deal - I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I did that to someone even once, let alone for a living. I agree the salesman is handcuffed sometimes, depending how the particular dealership operates. There are a few diamonds in the rough but overall I despise the industry and it's predatory tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This is true and it is absolutely ridiculous. Unless I want to go in to test drive it, I don't need to be there in person to negotiate.
    I think they want you to be there in person because they think it gives them an edge to up sell you on shit.
    Perhaps that's the advantage of being an out-of-town buyer like I was. There was no reasonable expectation for me to be there in person. And why I was able to do the entire deal quickly with the manager without the whole dog and pony show.

Quote Originally Posted by Inzane View Post
    Perhaps that's the advantage of being an out-of-town buyer like I was. There was no reasonable expectation for me to be there in person. And why I was able to do the entire deal quickly with the manager without the whole dog and pony show.
    When you call/email them for a price though, they have no idea if you are from out of town or not unless you tell them. Treating customers completely different based on where they have chosen to live is ridiculous IMO.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I guess you should start every email with "good sir, I am communicating with you in regards to a vehicle purchase I wish to make in your city. I reside away from your region but am eager to make a transaction. Please respond your earliest convince! "
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Ya I agree get the deal going through email and phone and I finish it up in person. To prove I’m there to buy it and get a little more off or a little extra stuff kicked in.

Ohh another thing that I’ve had to deal with Previously, “we need a commitment from you in the form of deposit to start the negotiations”. I havnt had that in years but that one would be me walking out these days, maybe when your younger trying to buy a car it makes sense as they don’t want to waste their time.

When I bought my GF's car, I emailed every single dealer in Calgary + Airdrie, Red Deer, Okotoks, and High River. Most didn't even bother to respond (or only did when I re-sent the email to the manager), and only two would deal with me via email/phone. Everyone else just replied with "come on down and we'll make a deal". In my email, I stated I did not need a test drive and I was ready to purchase immediately at X price (with a fully broken down calculation based on their dealer cost + their profit). Literally all they had to do was say yes, and they would get a guaranteed sale with a fair profit for doing zero work, and only 2 dealerships were interested. It boggles the mind.

When you call/email them for a price though, they have no idea if you are from out of town or not unless you tell them. Treating customers completely different based on where they have chosen to live is ridiculous IMO.
    I actually don't recall when my location came up in the conversation. I had the disadvantage of wanting a very specific car which they had, and didn't want to fuck around. They were either willing to deal or they weren't. Luckily they were and my strategy of talking directly with the sales manager seemed to have worked. (I also have some prior, albeit brief, car sales experience myself, but that didn't come up in the conversation either. lol).

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    Anyone know the fine print on warranty, I plan on doing oil changes at tunedub while it’s under warranty. Will it void my engine warranty?? Vw said yes but it wasn’t a confident yes. I believe in the past you where good to go on Indy shops but maybe they added to the fine print.
    If it's a VW approved oil and OEM Oil Filter done within the recommended service intervals in your owners manual they can't void your engine warranty. Done by an indy or yourself.

My Ride
    99 Blazer

Picked it up yesterday. Fun so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    Has wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Black Gts View Post
    Picked it up yesterday. Fun so far.
    I really like the color

That almost looks like a selectively colorized B&W photo haha.

My Ride
    99 Blazer

Haha thanks. I'm working a night shift picked it up on my way in and decided I needed a pic when I got back to my place, just a regular older phone pic while tired. The last 10years of vehicles I've owned have been white, I was gonna do that again, but decided if I was ever gonna switch, it's gonna be this color haha.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Quote Originally Posted by buh_buh View Post
    Anyone know about import laws for these going into the US? Had mine new since ‘16 and looking to make a move to the US and take it with me.
    Where is it built? If US, then no implications other than bringing it to US standards. Most cars these days that’s usually trivial stuff like interior light and stickers. If built outside US/CAN/MEX, add import duty

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Those headlights are great. Look lifted straight from the 8 series BMW
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Miss my gti from time to time. Such a great practical small car. Audi is bringing the turbo blue this year, pretty similar to that I think.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I like VW's
    Name:  Screenshot_20200226-192621.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  30.0 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

I hated the leaked photos, but I actually love it now.
    Cos...

Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst ... 49 58 59 60 ... LastLast