Quantcast
Graphic Design and Business card Design in India - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Graphic Design and Business card Design in India

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by ExtremeSi
    This thread is an example of why I decided to not pursue a career in graphic design and just do it on the side every now and then. There's so much competition out there and no one thinks it's worth much.
    What do you mean worth "much"? There are plenty of people willing to pay $200-$1k for a well designed, simple logo that shouldn't take more than 8 hours of work to come up with. How is that awful??

And yes, the software costs money, but the overhead overall for such a business is ridiculously low.

Originally posted by Kloubek
    I think that's the way to go, Mitsu. With this kind of work you generally don't get quite the customization and fine tuning you would with a professional designer. You also may not likely get the same "quality" of work. However, it's a small price to pay to take that chance. Consider it a logo insurance premium. At worst, they might give you a few idea of what direction to go.

...and all this is coming from someone who has done design work in the past. At long as you're willing to play the "hit and miss" game, it's worth a shot.

As for the Legacy Exteriors logo goes - yes, redesign it. It isn't good at all. I think the colours are effective, though, and at least there was some attempt at stylization with the "X". (Though what does that really convey.... a couple of haphazard slaps of paint?)
    Yeah I think I made the right call, at least for now. I can try out 10 different artists for ~$50 compared to the $1000-2000 some places want. Then if I'm happy with it, I'll just send them the extra $30 for a business card template and source files.

I'm not expecting some amazing logo, just something somewhat professional looking for my super tiny business.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

I've held back from responding to too many people in this thread. Anyone complaining about overseas people providing cheap services, you're just whining and making an excuse. Find a way to be competitive and quit bitching about the circumstances. Yes, they have low costs and often use pirated software overseas, but they're customer service is shit, they can't take direction half the time and really, they're mostly very poorly organized, aside from those software/overhead advantages, they have nothing else going for them.

There are people willing to pay for premium product/service, I am certainly one of them, but even in my own situation, I recently got a quote for a new website. The guys I used last time quoted me 7-9k for a completely custom site, then after I said that was too high, they dropped it to 5k, then when I told them I got a quote for $500 from a company in India, they laughed and said "good luck", little did they know that I personally know the guy in India and within 2 days they had mock ups ready for me that literally blew me away. It was better turn around, quality, etc. than I received from the local company on my last site build. From 9k to 2k in a 20 minute conversation... it's he who needs the "good luck". The greedy pigs gets slaughtered first.

As it's been mentioned already in this thread, a lot of these local companies over value their work or they don't custom build everything as they say. As far as I'm concerned, anyone bitching is just afraid of competition and anything said to the contrary is just an excuse.

If you've given up on what you "wanted" to do, then you really didn't want to do it. If you gave up for any reason, then you're a quitter.
    Last edited by Jlude; 04-20-2016 at 12:01 PM.

^^ That seems very much in line with what I was saying earlier as well. If people can do the job with extremely quick turnarounds and for dirt cheap, the service isn't that valuable - plain and simple. That goes for most things. If you are good enough, people will see it and you will get the premium prices. If you are only as good as a million other people with roughly the same skill set, well then that skill set really isn't that valuable and your options are either to accept it or be better and/or differentiate yourself somehow.

Also I found several people in the USA and other countries where communication shouldn't be an issue if that is a concern. The guy I talked to from Poland had perfect English as well. Prices were the same as the guys in India. We will see what I get as a result but the process so far has been completely reasonable.

If I end up needing a custom website, I'm sure I'll be looking overseas as well after I see the prices for similar work.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Originally posted by Jlude
    I've held back from responding to too many people in this thread. Anyone complaining about overseas people providing cheap services, you're just whining and making an excuse. Find a way to be competitive and quit bitching about the circumstances. Yes, they have low costs and often use pirated software overseas, but they're customer service is shit, they can't take direction half the time and really, they're mostly very poorly organized, aside from those software/overhead advantages, they have nothing else going for them.
    Completely agree but Architects are notoriously cheap fucks and don't like paying for shit. They aren't concerned about customer service. They are concerned with how cheap can I get it for and how much can I mark up the service in my billing. The good firms generally have in house talent. The other issue is technology. Whereas the extreme high end work still pays and it a limited talent pool the advances in technology are rising quickly to the point where the gap between the top and lower technology is shrinking.

I agree somewhat with you in that there are some good people out there who will pay for premium work but that pool seems to have shrunk over the years. I made a good living doing this sort of work on the side but it just became more of a hassle in the end.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride

I have about 30 empty seats in one of my offices, I thought about buying a few copies of 3D smax and offering those services, but you're right, architects are generally cheap af.

After the local web developer said he's getting people to pay 7-9k for a website, I said he shouldn't tell me that, because I might get into the industry if that's true. I'm paying $500 for my site, but that's to another company, it would be pennies on the dollar if I hired the developers to work in house.

I don't have time to get into all that though.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Originally posted by InRich

I wanna see some beyond skillz... I'd pay if I liked what I saw. I dont mind the current logo and use it in everything from uniforms, to jackets, to business cards.
    I gave it a shot:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Option 2:

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Option 3:

I have about 30 empty seats in one of my offices, I thought about buying a few copies of 3D smax and offering those services, but you're right, architects are generally cheap af.

After the local web developer said he's getting people to pay 7-9k for a website, I said he shouldn't tell me that, because I might get into the industry if that's true. I'm paying $500 for my site, but that's to another company, it would be pennies on the dollar if I hired the developers to work in house.

Let's see the new website.

My Ride

Originally posted by Minimalist

Let's see the new website.
    It's not done yet, which is my fault, they're waiting on me to review and give them feedback and there are a number of changes I need to make from our old format. I'll post it when they're done.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Take it from someone running a digital marketing company, and who has built/overseen development of 200+ websites: it's not at all that easy.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

loooool, those ones by blitz look like it came from Memory Express

I ended up trying several people on Fiverr, and so far the only person who gave me any trouble at all was a Canadian. Horrible response time, delivered late, and literally did not do a single thing I requested.

I went with a simple logo (I had the design I just got them to digitize) and business card design from two different guys in India for $5 each and they offered unlimited revisions. No issues whatsoever with communication and their response times are amazing, they don't seem to ever sleep. Almost all of them have a money back guarantee as well.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    I ended up trying several people on Fiverr, and so far the only person who gave me any trouble at all was a Canadian. Horrible response time, delivered late, and literally did not do a single thing I requested.

I went with a simple logo (I had the design I just got them to digitize) and business card design from two different guys in India for $5 each and they offered unlimited revisions. No issues whatsoever with communication and their response times are amazing, they don't seem to ever sleep. Almost all of them have a money back guarantee as well.
    Let's see the logo!

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Bumping and old thread. Looking for a simple logo design. Are there any locals doing freelance work I should reach out to for quotes? Maybe a beyond spouse who does it in their spare time? I'm not in any sort of rush so don't need the turn around time of a full time business. Logo + business card mock up. Just looking for quotes right now as I'm still humming and hawing over what to do.

Also, as A790 said, lets see the logo!
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3