Quantcast
Questions on new vehicle legal advice - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions on new vehicle legal advice

My Ride
    Nothing

Probably should have just taken the loss and flipped it at a dealership and let it be their problem?

You're not going to get a satisfactory resolution; it's Canada, not the US, GM will tell you to basically go eat a dick.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Have you gone for a ride yet with a service tech from a dealer? If the issues are easily repeatable, wouldn't it be easy to show them first hand?

Sorry about your issues though, that is crazy. Personally I wouldn't be driving the vehicle if it had brake issues. If something happened, and it was found out that you knew the brakes were obviously faulty, that might be bad news.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Have you gone for a ride yet with a service tech from a dealer? If the issues are easily repeatable, wouldn't it be easy to show them first hand?

Sorry about your issues though, that is crazy. Personally I wouldn't be driving the vehicle if it had brake issues. If something happened, and it was found out that you knew the brakes were obviously faulty, that might be bad news.
    There was a couple of test drives, but we were always looking at 8+ issues at a time and focus was everywhere... You have to keep in mind the vehicle was in the shop for most of January and February with the exception of a night here and there (I'd pick it up and have to drive it back the next morning), and a weekend or two.

With the first batch of brake issues, I provided information on how to duplicate what could be duplicated. As new issues came up after I got it towed in, I provided information on how to duplicate those as well.

I thought back when "Service Brake Assist" popped up on the DIC that it would finally answer all the questions and get the ball rolling on the braking stuff. Then I got the phone call that they replaced the vacuum hose that was on order. That was strange considering it was replaced a week or two prior (as stated on my service work order), when I asked about this I was told it was never replaced, then was later told it was replaced twice. Unfortunately the codes the braking system stated were never recorded on the service work order. So we'll never know what those codes were. Just keep in mind that the braking issues continued and are progressively getting worse as time goes on, even after the 1 or 2 hose replacements (the check valve was also replaced on the first hose replacement).

I'd constantly send e-mails providing as much information as possible and asking questions. After I asked about the double hose replacement, I was later at one point told the braking issues were related to a steering column module that wasn't programmed correctly when my steering column was replaced, odd thing is, when the steering column is replaced AFAIK they remove all existing modules from old, and install it in to the new.

The amount of my own time I've had to waste on this ownership experience has been a joke...
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

if they just offered to buy back the vehicle at full price, would you take it?
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Originally posted by spikerS
    if they just offered to buy back the vehicle at full price, would you take it?
    That's all I was asking for until I had my last phone call with the ERT rep at GM Canada last Thursday which made me lose my shiz

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Sent the new videos of the braking issues and steering column issues to the rep at ERT at GM Canada a couple days ago.

Missed a call and got a voicemail from the rep at ERT at GM Canada:

The message just stated that she received the videos and have forwarded them on to the engineers, and that she "can't make any further comment at this time, but wanted to acknowledge receipt of the videos".

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

So since I got the truck back a week or two ago, I haven't been driving it due to the obvious safety issues. Thankfully the weather has been nice enough for my to drive my CTS-V.

Anyways, we got a giant dump of snow overnight, so the V is back in the garage. Had some errands to run this morning so reluctantly took the Escalade out since I can't stop my life because of this.

Today the brakes are hard, and they aren't getting better if you wait 10 seconds or so. Decided it wasn't safe (especially with the snow), turned around and came home after going a couple blocks, no more then 10km out.

Guess I'll be renting a vehicle until I can get the V back out.

You know, it's awesome, buy a $99,995.00 vehicle, it sits in the shop for two months, can't drive it since it's not safe since the brakes don't function properly, have to rent a vehicle now, ALL while I'm still paying the $1,500 monthly finance payments. Bravo...

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by Zhariak
    ALL while I'm still paying the $1,500 monthly finance payments. Bravo...
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

subscribed

Cadillac: How dare driving an Escalade with no brakes

My Ride
    Nothing

Originally posted by Zhariak

You know, it's awesome, buy a $99,995.00 vehicle, it sits in the shop for two months, can't drive it since it's not safe since the brakes don't function properly, have to rent a vehicle now, ALL while I'm still paying the $1,500 monthly finance payments. Bravo...
    take the loss and dump it at the dealer and get something new

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

There was a thread here a while back from a fellow who had similar (braking) issues with his new Dodge Charger from Eastside.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/eastside...=&pagenumber=1

Cant recall the exact details but he ended up trailering the vehicle in front of the dealer with logos all over it "EAST SIDE SOLD ME A LEMON" ... where he stood for a couple of days.

Personally, I wold be irate enough to HIRE someone to do this.
    Last edited by revelations; 03-16-2015 at 10:50 AM.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

*BUMP*

been a week, any updates?
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Originally posted by spikerS
    *BUMP*

been a week, any updates?
    Hopefully have one soon. Couple things on the go right now...

My Ride
    toyota MR2

What happened to this? Id like to hear the outcome

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

FFS go public already!
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Originally posted by rotten42
    FFS go public already!
    I did, there's been quite a few developments. 2nd field engineer came out to dealer, said everything was ok.

Reached out to Zack Spencer, got about 15-20 minutes of airtime on CISL 650AM a couple weekends ago on his radio show.

Couple hundred km later after the 2nd field engineer said everything was ok, I received another "SERVICE: Brake Assist" message on the DIC, called onstar, ran diagnostics. It's been parked since. Days before that had an episode downtown where the vehicle rolled into a crosswalk when stopping at a red light, startled the girlfriend.

Had a call from GM Canada ERT Yesterday telling me they believe the issues are due to my "application of use of vehicle", and don't apply to normal driving (which is BS, I drive like an old man). They said they would offer me $5,000 off a future purchase if I traded the vehicle in sometime in the future. They said the engineer checked the vehicle and put lots of kilometers on it (this is BS. KM going in, matched KM going out, I even went for a half kilometer road test with the foreman, and it didn't increase the kms).

Asked about what I'm supposed to do now with the message, they had no idea it popped up again. I told them I e-mailed my contact at ERT with a picture 20 minutes after it happened, and said I never received a response (The message appeared and I sent the e-mail May 6th, it is now May 20th), they told me the e-mail may have been lost. I mentioned I received a read receipt to the e-mail the following morning, but no actual reply. They said they are going to check in to it, and I have another call scheduled for next Thursday.

Literally, the call was the usual "Everything is fine with the vehicle, it's all in your head, here's a discount to stop wasting our resources" type of call. The only reason why there's a follow up, and conversation is still going is because the new person that was involved in the conference call, had absolutely no idea that the vehicle was stating "Service: Brake Assist" yet again. I made damn sure to call Onstar, because the first time this happened, GM Canada was firm on their stance that there was no concern, and it meant nothing, and I couldn't even get them to acknowledge that the vehicle did this.

More detail on the other forum. I didn't want to post here until there were some major developments, and I could sum up the entire story from start to finish.

If you want to hear the radio show, it's "Driving with Zack Spencer", it was on May 9th.
    http://www.cisl650.com/shows/driving...k-spencer.aspx
    Last edited by Zhariak; 05-20-2015 at 08:12 AM.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

I think the only way you are going to get traction is to drag the dealership through the mud.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

What's the response from Transport Canada? This is brutal.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Here's a link to the master thread:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...le-issues.html

This is the entire story, starting from beginning to now. Keep in mind I originally believed all these issues were going to be fixed, and the thread was originally created to help other owners experiencing the same issues.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Originally posted by lilmira
    What's the response from Transport Canada? This is brutal.
    Their role is strictly a safety governance body, not to help people out. Last phone call the guy felt so bad he was trying to give me advice on what to do (even though this isn't his job).

They record safety concerns, and investigate them (looking for trends on multiple vehicles) to figure out if there is a big safety concern, etc...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast