Quantcast
Questions on new vehicle legal advice - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions on new vehicle legal advice

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Default Questions on new vehicle legal advice

So, bought a new SUV. It's a complete lemon...

Been in the shop for 43 days since picking it up around November 25th. Some issues are from manufacturer, some issues are from service at the dealership fucking up the vehicle when fixing manufacturers issues.

List of issues is long, but biggest concern is the brakes. Been having issues with them since day 1. Pedal hard (not able to brake sometimes), snapping sensations in pedal, pedal has dropped when sitting at red lights, and sometimes it feels like ABS is firing when you're completely stopped.

It's almost resulted in 2 accidents with other vehicles, and I almost blew a hole through my garage (had to use both feet to stop, crushed some boxes).

Brakes failed a few weeks back, dealer worked on it. Contacted manufacturer and they are telling me the that the dealer cannot duplicate braking concerns, even though I have service work orders confirming brake issues, and pictures I took with my phone of the vehicle reporting "Service Brake Assist".

I'll be creating a whole thread on the issues, vehicle, and list. But right now just looking to beyond for advice on if anyone can recommend a lawyer who can provide advice (and possibly services) if I decide to pursue this. Never had to deal with finding a lawyer for this kind of stuff, so any advice is appreciated!

Cheers!
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

My Ride
    Bicycle

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/lack-of-le...umer-1.1123730

Yeah, other than going public with it, i doubt you will go very far.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan (CAMVAP).

This is the closest we have to a "lemon law" in canada as far as I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Originally posted by Xtrema
    http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/lack-of-le...umer-1.1123730

Yeah, other than going public with it, i doubt you will go very far.
    I'm inches away from going 100% public with my situation.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan (CAMVAP).

This is the closest we have to a "lemon law" in canada as far as I know.
    I'm at the point where I've lost so much time to this vehicle, I'm actually looking at legal options (not arbitration).

I don't want to spend any more time dealing with this. I've lost so much time it's not even funny. Looking to pay someone to deal with this for me.

Icing on the cake was the brake issues, when I have proof (pictures of vehicle reporting brakes requiring service), and service work orders stating they were broken. The executive review team at the manufacturer said after talking to the dealer, the dealer could not duplicate or confirm any braking issues...

What is the make/model?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    What is the make/model?
    I'm guessing it's the 2015 Escalade ESV Premium in his "what I drive"

My advice is take it to a different dealership, under a different owner. (edit: different dealership owned lot I mean)
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 02-17-2015 at 06:51 PM.

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

I'm guessing it's the 2015 Escalade ESV Premium in his "what I drive"

My advice is take it to a different dealership, under a different owner. (edit: different dealership owned lot I mean)
    Ah, didn't even think to look there haha, good call.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Why not go public right away? People need to hear about this stuff.

I'm shocked the dealership isn't doing more to help you?? since you're quite loyal to the brand, and buy a new escalade every year.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

have you spoken with the area manager for GM (corp not dealer)?

If not he may be able to help you get an equitable solution.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Originally posted by Kloubek
    Why not go public right away? People need to hear about this stuff.
    I know what your saying... I actually have a thread on a different forum site logging everything from day 1 to now (didn't even think it would turn in to what it has, just was posting to keep others updated since a lot of other owners are having some of the issues I am). Originally thought a couple visits would have everything fixed... Little did I know.

Now that it's turned in to a clusterfuck, I'm getting prepped to tackle this as a whole. With any kind of bad situation, even though you want it taken care of right away, there is processes, have to give various parties a chance to correct them, etc... Just been making sure I'm fair. I'm not one to cause a shit storm it if it's not needed, and I don't cry every time I don't get my way.

Originally posted by vengie
    I'm shocked the dealership isn't doing more to help you?? since you're quite loyal to the brand, and buy a new escalade every year.

I have an amazing relationship with the sales department at my dealership, and that's one of the reasons why I've been giving this time to let it get corrected.

In all honesty, most of my issues are manufacturer related, only half way through my story were some problems created by service at the dealer.

Wanted to give them time to see if they would correct and rectify the issues and that time is about to pass. I'm making one more attempt this week to get the service related issue corrected.

But, after the response I got from the manufacturer, I'm just absolutely fucking pissed.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Originally posted by SkiBum5.0
    have you spoken with the area manager for GM (corp not dealer)?

If not he may be able to help you get an equitable solution.
    I've been speaking with the Executive Review team at GM. As far as I know (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but that's the highest level of customer/corporate communication that I'm aware of.

It was the ERT team at GM Canada that mentioned the dealer cannot duplicate my braking concerns, when the dealer actually reported "Cause Broken", and worked on my brakes (I have service work orders, and pictures of my vehicle reporting "Service Brake Assist").

Even after mentioning this on the phone to the rep at ERT, 7 times in a row she mentioned "The dealer cannot duplicate any concerns with your brakes".

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Sorry to keep you guys waiting for details :P

Just looking for a referral to someone who might have experience legally with this stuff.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-02-2020 at 09:45 PM.

My Ride
    Cayman

I came in to this thread expecting to read about a brake issues on a 2014 Nissan as I went thru a similar situation with Nissan Canada and a local dealership last fall.

Nissan Canada basically told me to screw off as the service techs could not replicate my brake failure. After almost 4 months of my vehicle sitting at the dealership and talking to a lawyer I ended up trading in the truck for a new one.

I did take a hit for a few grand after only driving the truck for 400 kms in my first week of ownership but it was an easier pill to swallow than continuing to deal with the lemon and the associated BS.

I had a consult with a lawyer at Dentons and they require a retainer up front and the estimated cost of the lawyer was basically what I was losing on the trade in so its something that you may want to consider.

Like you said dealing with a bad vehicle is a huge time waster so might be worth your while to trade it in and buy something different if you aren't taking to big of a hit
    Last edited by Proyecto2000; 02-17-2015 at 09:17 PM.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

All contracts have a 30 day cooling off period do they not? I can't see why that wouldn't have applied here. Of course, you are probably past that threshold from the sounds of it, but for future reference...

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    All contracts have a 30 day cooling off period do they not? I can't see why that wouldn't have applied here. Of course, you are probably past that threshold from the sounds of it, but for future reference...
    only for guys at your door, i learn this

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Any updates on this Zhariak? I'm pretty sure I know which shop is involved but won't post it. It sounds like a lot of the problems are with GM Canada and not completely on the shoulders of the dealership. With that said, this group of dealers has a less than stellar reputation overall.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Alrighty!!!! Got the lawyer.

Now I need something else. I need to find a well known certified mechanic shop that has the proper computers to read codes on the newer generation GM vehicles, I need to get a 3rd party inspection and safety analysis on the vehicle.

I know a certain computer or something is required to fully diagnose and read the codes (not just the standard codes a standard reader picks up).

Can anyone suggest any?

PS, here's a teaser of some of the shit I'm dealing with:

(Losing brakes going down decline in to underground parkade)

EDIT/ADDITION:

Screw it, here's a bunch of videos for you viewing pleasure. Some issues have been fixed, but other new ones created... Fully story to follow....

Last edited by Zhariak; 03-10-2015 at 03:46 PM.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
    Any updates on this Zhariak? I'm pretty sure I know which shop is involved but won't post it. It sounds like a lot of the problems are with GM Canada and not completely on the shoulders of the dealership. With that said, this group of dealers has a less than stellar reputation overall.
    A lot of the problems were from the manufacturer. But the dealer fucked my steering column up royally. They also left me with a hanging hood release which got stuck behind the brake and caused the hood to release. And the most recent my seat is fucked up after they tried "fixing the movement".

And with the fact NO ONE is taking my shit seriously about the brake problems I've had from day one. I'm officially pissed. GM Canada said there's nothing wrong with the brakes or steering column, as per what the dealership told them.

I'm stuck with a $99,995.00 piece of junk I don't feel safe to drive. No one is willing to help. It's legal time!

I'm pissed off about the money, I'm pissed off about my time wasted having to bring this piece of junk in to the shop. I'm pissed off at all the times I was called to pick it up when it wasn't ready.

I'm pissed off my truck virtually spent all of January and February in the shop with an exception of a couple nights and a weekend.

The dealer has an awesome sales department (and I consider myself a close friend with the sales manager), but this is just enough. I've lost too many sleepless nights wigging out about this... And while I'm sure the service department did make an effort in working on the vehicle, some of the stuff is just simply unacceptable... In particular my braking issues, and the fact I can't brake sometimes... And the fact they cleared the codes the one time it did report and error, but didn't both documenting the codes. They just replaced a part they replaced a week prior for the 2nd time...
    Last edited by Zhariak; 03-10-2015 at 03:55 PM.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast