Quantcast
Questions on new vehicle legal advice - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions on new vehicle legal advice

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

And in all honesty, it all worked out in the end.

If they didn't pull this crap, I would have never visited a Mercedes dealership, I would have just continued to purchase more GM crap.

The moment I took an AMG for a test drive, it was done and over, lol.

I had no idea what Mercedes had (just never knew). And I'm looking forward to future purchases (not sure to pick up a G63 AMG wagon in the future for a 2nd vehicle, or upgrade to an S63 next year if oil goes back up, lol).

So in the end, I have to thank GM and the dealership for making me come to the realization they don't value or want my business, and that I should switch to a better brand...
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 07:54 PM.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Soooo what dealer was it?

My Ride
    SL550, P100DL, F-450, FIAT

We have had a couple problems with our brand-new Cadillac as well but nothing to this extent. I hope we don't go down the same path as you with problems. The only reason why we want to Cadillac was because we lived in Fort Mac, little did we know three months after we bought it we move to Calgary. Kicking myself in the ass now for not going with A Range Rover or Mercedes. Oh well next year will get a new SUV.
    Professionally Retired

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by Zhariak
    I took a major loss on the vehicle, but whatever, it's dealt with.

I also got rid of the CTS-V too, just because I don't want to own a GM Vehicle or have any association with them or the brand.

I've sworn off GM for life, I won't ever own another GM vehicle, and if/when my company starts buying fleet they won't be up for consideration.
    Sorry man, but you let GM walk all over you. You took not one but TWO hits for GM by presumably trading in both your vehicles to the MB dealer who will then resell them for a profit.

What was your total depreciation loss, 50,000$?

Im pretty sure lawyering up, going public (naming names) would have saved you a good portion of that amount. You could have sued also for various other things as well.

GM doesent care about your non-existent fleet or one person - they only care once you start making noise. Beyond.ca gets enough traffic that naming names would have meant proper exposure to their BS products.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Sucks you had to take such a big bath on your cars, but congrats on the CLS63. Should be a fun drive in today's conditions!
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Originally posted by revelations

Sorry man, but you let GM walk all over you. You took not one but TWO hits for GM by presumably trading in both your vehicles to the MB dealer who will then resell them for a profit.

What was your total depreciation loss, 50,000$?

Im pretty sure lawyering up, going public (naming names) would have saved you a good portion of that amount. You could have sued also for various other things as well.

GM doesent care about your non-existent fleet or one person - they only care once you start making noise. Beyond.ca gets enough traffic that naming names would have meant proper exposure to their BS products.
    Revelations, I don't want to go too much in to past posts, tried the lawyer route (wasn't as easy as it should have been, I was prepared to spend $$$ but they wouldn't even provide rates, kept asking for a type of computer analysis only dealers can do, problem is why would a dealer do it if it's potentially to be used against GM), and I also did media.

It's all good though, I still have all my documentation, service work orders, pictures, videos, e-mail records, call records, etc...

Stress was killing me, losing sleep at night. 11 months battling with this. I just needed a solution to this problem. It was consuming my life, lol. The past couple weeks have been amazing not having to think/worry about this.

Originally posted by rage2
    Sucks you had to take such a big bath on your cars, but congrats on the CLS63. Should be a fun drive in today's conditions!
    Loss sucks, but it's all good! Thanks! And yes, got winter tires installed last week. So nice to drive!

My Ride

Yea I read up on the previous posts about how the lawyers were giving you the runaround, still.....I felt that you gave up too easily on them. I've dealt with my share of lawyers on both sides of the law.

The other options included (there are always) hiring someone on your behalf to park your vehicle at the dealer and walk around with a huge sign about being sold a lemon.

You approached one reporter on some obscure car show and made zero initiative to call out the dealer publicly.

Sure, for some people being out $50k is a business tax write-off (or otherwise not a big deal) but if roles were reversed I would have pursued this issue further - even it was a 5000$ loss.

Im beating a dead horse but I know people read Beyond.ca years later after Googling issues like this, so for their sake I am trying to outline what IMO should have been done or at least ATTEMPTED.
    Last edited by revelations; 12-06-2018 at 11:12 AM.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Zhariak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, bought a new SUV. It's a complete lemon...

Been in the shop for 43 days since picking it up around November 25th. Some issues are from manufacturer, some issues are from service at the dealership fucking up the vehicle when fixing manufacturers issues.

List of issues is long, but biggest concern is the brakes. Been having issues with them since day 1. Pedal hard (not able to brake sometimes), snapping sensations in pedal, pedal has dropped when sitting at red lights, and sometimes it feels like ABS is firing when you're completely stopped.

It's almost resulted in 2 accidents with other vehicles, and I almost blew a hole through my garage (had to use both feet to stop, crushed some boxes).

Brakes failed a few weeks back, dealer worked on it. Contacted manufacturer and they are telling me the that the dealer cannot duplicate braking concerns, even though I have service work orders confirming brake issues, and pictures I took with my phone of the vehicle reporting "Service Brake Assist".

I'll be creating a whole thread on the issues, vehicle, and list. But right now just looking to beyond for advice on if anyone can recommend a lawyer who can provide advice (and possibly services) if I decide to pursue this. Never had to deal with finding a lawyer for this kind of stuff, so any advice is appreciated!

Cheers!
    Well, here we are years later, and I guess the NHTSA in the US is investigating GM over braking issues in a number of SUVs and Trucks (including the vehicle model I owned). Article at: https://www.consumerreports.org/car-...e-performance/

"According to NHTSA, 111 complaints have been filed with the agency about the problem, including nine reports of crashes. In addition, there have been two reports of injuries resulting from two of those crashes. No fatalities have been reported, NHTSA says."

So I guess maybe I was right and my vehicle did have braking issues, and GM was wrong when their Director of Customer Service for Canada kept saying: "The issues you are experiencing are due to your application of use, and if you were to trade in or sell the vehicle, the new owners would not experience the same issues. The vehicle does not require any additional repairs".

What a friggin joke. I'm so glad I got rid of both of the Cadillacs...

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Well, here we are years later, and I guess the NHTSA in the US is investigating GM over braking issues in a number of SUVs and Trucks (including the vehicle model I owned). Article at: https://www.consumerreports.org/car-...e-performance/

"According to NHTSA, 111 complaints have been filed with the agency about the problem, including nine reports of crashes. In addition, there have been two reports of injuries resulting from two of those crashes. No fatalities have been reported, NHTSA says."

So I guess maybe I was right and my vehicle did have braking issues, and GM was wrong when their Director of Customer Service for Canada kept saying: "The issues you are experiencing are due to your application of use, and if you were to trade in or sell the vehicle, the new owners would not experience the same issues. The vehicle does not require any additional repairs".

What a friggin joke. I'm so glad I got rid of both of the Cadillacs...

Hope you saved all those emails and responses from them... wonder if you could go after them for damages and loss on the vehicle for trading it in due to safety concerns not being addressed by them?

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I'd definitely see what my options are right now.
    This thread in itself has all the time stamps too, which should jog some memory on e-mails and documentation.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Typical MO for a automaker. My truck was in the shop lots, told repeatedly it was 'normal behavior'. Less than a year later timing chain TSB comes out for the Ecoboost.

I agree with everyone else. I'd look at getting lost time and expenses you incurred. Should be somewhat slam dunk. Only thing is the NTSB is 'investigating' doesn't mean they've found a defect..... yet.
    Cos...

Not surprised this was the outcome and even less surprised that this was a Cadillac. Sorry for your ordeal Hope you have something you're happier with now.

Definitely keep everything in case an opportunity comes up to get some compensation for all your troubles.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Shlade View Post
    Hope you saved all those emails and responses from them... wonder if you could go after them for damages and loss on the vehicle for trading it in due to safety concerns not being addressed by them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    I'd definitely see what my options are right now.
    This thread in itself has all the time stamps too, which should jog some memory on e-mails and documentation.
    Hmmm. I have all the e-mails saved, digital copies of the service work-orders from CMP, as well as the service work-orders that the GM engineer gave me (when he took it to a different dealer)... I also have most of the conversations recorded with the ERT (Executive Review Team) team, as well as the Director of Customer Service for GM Canada.

Last week when I saw this article, I sent off an e-mail to Transport Canada (I previously had a case opened with them) to update them, as well as Zack Spencer (who did a piece on his radio show back in 2015 about it), and Erica Johnson (at CBC, who I had a couple conversations with previously way back). Haven't heard back from any of them yet, so not sure if I will. I also forwarded off the URL to a litigation lawyer I was previously chatting with years ago about the case, just to see what his thoughts were. lol
    Last edited by Zhariak; 12-06-2018 at 10:24 AM.

My Ride

How about naming the dealer as well? This cost you around 50K - if memory serves correctly.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Hmmm. I have all the e-mails saved, digital copies of the service work-orders from CMP, as well as the service work-orders that the GM engineer gave me (when he took it to a different dealer)... I also have most of the conversations recorded with the ERT (Executive Review Team) team, as well as the Director of Customer Service for GM Canada.

Last week when I saw this article, I sent off an e-mail to Transport Canada (I previously had a case opened with them) to update them, as well as Zack Spencer (who did a piece on his radio show back in 2015 about it), and Erica Johnson (at CBC, who I had a couple conversations with previously way back). Haven't heard back from any of them yet, so not sure if I will. I also forwarded off the URL to a litigation lawyer I was previously chatting with years ago about the case, just to see what his thoughts were. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    How about naming the dealer as well? This cost you around 50K - if memory serves correctly.
    think he did
    Cos...

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosworth View Post
    think he did
    Naming the dealer 3 years later isnt going to do much ....

My Ride
    LNF

Funny that you posted this.. My 2015 Sierra just had this vacuum pump fail last week.. And my boss who has the identical truck, he had the same issue 6 months ago.

For me, I noticed in parking lots when reversing into a parking spot, all of my power assist would just stop and I would really have to put weight into the pedal for the truck to stop.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by mzdspd View Post
    Funny that you posted this.. My 2015 Sierra just had this vacuum pump fail last week.. And my boss who has the identical truck, he had the same issue 6 months ago.

For me, I noticed in parking lots when reversing into a parking spot, all of my power assist would just stop and I would really have to put weight into the pedal for the truck to stop.
    One day I backed in to a bunch of boxes in my garage... According to GM Canada, again it was "due to my application of use of the vehicle", lol... You should contact Transport Canada and file a complaint, it's super easy: https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/motorvehicl...-vehicles.html
    Last edited by Zhariak; 12-06-2018 at 03:38 PM.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Naming the dealer 3 years later isnt going to do much ....
    No idea what you're getting at. He named it then you asked him to name it in your next post. Perhaps I missed the point.
    Cos...

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast