My Ride
    NC1

Mind blowing how much money they made.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    2010 Sierra Denali

I think there should be a rematch with UFC gloves or bare knuckles...
    B-Man

RentZa.ca

List Your Rental Today!

My Ride

To me the fight was exactly what I was expecting to see, however I was hoping Pac would catch him with a lucky break. Maywearher is just too big and his defense is the best there is, he fought smart and safe, boring and frustrating yes but that's his style and it works for him. I was actually surprised he went for some exchanges he did actually.

On a side note none of that matters anyways as this was in the back of my mind the whole time anyways... I mean there is no shadier people than the ones behind the world of boxing:

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    The only thing that surprised me was seeing Burger King in Mayweather's entourage. What was that all about?!
    Right?! Was there some sort of contest to "walk out with Mayweather" but the catch was you had to wear the Burger King costume? How much do you think BK paid for that to happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

BK reportedly paid $1m to have the King walk down with Mayweather.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Exploded.

I knew that post-fight interview was trash. So opinionated and negative.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...uiao-interview

I was surprised to see only 2 sponsors on Mayweather's shorts. I wonder how much Hublot paid him, and how much the cut-man's diamond encrusted Hublot is worth.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by flipstah

Boy are you Filipinos ever salty.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by flipstah

Pac said he thought he won, which was contrary to what most objective people were thinking, so he asked Pac to elaborate why.

Albeit, immediately after the fight is probably not a good time to keep interrogating, but I would've been interested in hearing why he thought he won once he had cooled down and had time to think about it. Afterall, if he truly did think he was winning then that completely alters the way he fights in the later rounds. The question is, why? No one else seemed to think he was winning it.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Tom Brady going from Kentucky Derby to the fight on a private jet.

Originally posted by sexualbanana

Pac said he thought he won, which was contrary to what most objective people were thinking, so he asked Pac to elaborate why.

Albeit, immediately after the fight is probably not a good time to keep interrogating, but I would've been interested in hearing why he thought he won once he had cooled down and had time to think about it. Afterall, if he truly did think he was winning then that completely alters the way he fights in the later rounds. The question is, why? No one else seemed to think he was winning it.
    Probably cause he had ring control the whole fight and pushed Mayweather back. Even though nobody was really landing anything big it seemed like he was the aggressor. I can see why he thought that especially when he felt like he didn't get hit with anything substantial.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

i thought he was winning, he was the only one throwing punches that had any value, mayweather was poking him pretty much, and if those count as punches, boxing is a joke, the landed punch count should have been like 7-5.

I can see how the judges scored it for Mayweather though, he is the favorite and undefeated. Look at the GSP vs Hendricks fight. Close fight and some people thought GSP didn't do enough but he got the win cause Hendricks needed to win by a wide margin, same situation in this fight.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Boxing is officially done, it might as well be WWF 1994. Justin Beiber, burger king, Mark Walberg promoting some stupid aqua company, both competitors getting huge amounts of money with nothing but dancing through the entire fight. Manny at least tried to dig down and hurt Mayweather but MW is really good at defending himself. I wasted a Saturday night watching that garbage.

Here is what boxing should be.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

I've been watching Pacquiao for years. And this fight he seemed a bit off. It seemed more like an opportunity for Pac to cash in on the hype of the fight, rather than trying to win it. Mayweather with the usual boring, technical style was a given, but for Pac to not even put up a fight and make it his and at his pace, was a little disappointing, only throwing 400+ punches throughout the entire fight and not hitting from all angles as he normally does. The footwork, speed, ambition wasn't all there.

Some could argue for Pac being cautious, afraid of another Marquez-esqe knock out, some say age was a factor (it certainly was on of the factors IMO), some even argue he was just happy to be there to cash out for retirement. Who knows. But that fight was a waste of time and money, especially for those in attendance.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    Boxing is officially done, it might as well be WWF 1994. Justin Beiber, burger king, Mark Walberg promoting some stupid aqua company, both competitors getting huge amounts of money with nothing but dancing through the entire fight. Manny at least tried to dig down and hurt Mayweather but MW is really good at defending himself. I wasted a Saturday night watching that garbage.

Here is what boxing should be.
    That was awesome!! Old school boxing is the best

My Ride
    BMW X1 35i MSport

Originally posted by jabjab
    I can see how the judges scored it for Mayweather though, he is the favorite and undefeated. Look at the GSP vs Hendricks fight. Close fight and some people thought GSP didn't do enough but he got the win cause Hendricks needed to win by a wide margin, same situation in this fight.
    I disagree. The judges score based on a 10-point round by round system in both Boxing and MMA. Unless there's a knockout, the winner is whoever scores the most points for the most rounds, not who does the most damage or is the most active throughout the fight.

Mayweather was the clear winner here under the 10-point scoring system. There's no way Pacquiao won 6 rounds of that fight. Mayweather controlled the pace for most of the fight (hence why the fight was boring to most people), and he easily landed his straight right and check left hooks throughout. Pacquiao didn't land anything for most of the rounds.

As for GSP vs. Hendricks, I scored the fight 3 rounds to 2 for GSP, but you could've argued 3 rounds to 2 for Hendricks. It was a split decision with exactly those scores in GSP's favour.

The problem is that the 10-point scoring system makes zero sense for MMA, and the scoring system is set by the athletic commissions and not the UFC.

My Ride
    NC1

Defense wins championships....

Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Can't blame the guy playing by the rules of the game. Blame the other guy who couldn't pressure him enough to make the match exciting. I like the pacman but this isn't popularity contest.

Wish we could see another series like Gotti/Ward, those guys might not be the best but they sure fought with everything they got.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast