Quantcast
Revised Canadian Games MSRP $74.99 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Revised Canadian Games MSRP $74.99

My Ride
    Grimace

Default Revised Canadian Games MSRP $74.99

Saw this on neogaf. Looks like the publishers have been eager to push the price of games up here due to the low CDN$. Quick to revise when it is bad, slow when it is good.

Looks like PC for me now, games on steam are either the same in CDN$/USD$ or USD$ in CDN + 10%.

Best to just wait the month for games to drop in price now, as even the E3 sale will only drop them to $50-55

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

This is why I'm a PC gamer.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

most games for the longest time were $60. The past 6-7 months (that I have noticed anyways), games went up to $70.

now it's $75...

IMO it is just an excuse to take more money, while trying to make it not look like greed.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Jeebus h. Man, "bits" must be expensive

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    Jeebus h. Man, "bits" must be expensive

They are, if you calculate the amount of work hours and salaries involved to create those bits.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by A790

This is why I'm a PC gamer.
    Yup, steam is way cheaper now even after revising to CDN pricing. Have a few games I will buy there in the coming months for decent pricing at least.

Originally posted by spikerS
    most games for the longest time were $60. The past 6-7 months (that I have noticed anyways), games went up to $70.

now it's $75...

IMO it is just an excuse to take more money, while trying to make it not look like greed.
    Just like when the PS4 came out and suddenly sony revised the pricing to $449 on the console and upped their first party games and accessories while microsoft kept it the same now only increasing their game prices.

Originally posted by rage2

They are, if you calculate the amount of work hours and salaries involved to create those bits.
    Game budgets have become massive. I wonder if it will change with all of the big indy hits mainly on PC. Still weird to adjust market pricing so fast to give us our 25% penalty.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

lol whatever video games are cheap as fuck as it is. No cheaper form of entertainment IMO with the exception of some stupid short ass games. Even then its not that expensive

Destiny as an example, 99 dollars divided by the 300+ hours i have played it? <33 cents as hour assuming i never play it again ( which is unlikely as that 99 dollars included a whole extra DLC pack coming out in may).

You let me know if you can find a cheaper source of entertainment. I guess being paid to poop is less?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by killramos
    Destiny as an example, 99 dollars divided by the 300+ hours i have played it? &lt;33 cents as hour assuming i never play it again ( which is unlikely as that 99 dollars included a whole extra DLC pack coming out in may).
    Not getting laid... Priceless.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Not getting laid... Priceless.

My Ride
    Grimace

300 hours though, I never play any of my games that much. Generally 10-15 for the average game or 100+ if it is Forza

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yea i really need to find something better to do lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

This is where being a PC gamer comes in handy. Free games without having to jailbreak a console!

Game prices are a total non issue IMO. They are an unbelievably cheap form of entertainment even if you only play a few hours.

Even if you only play it for a weekend, and put in, say, 10 hours over 2-3 days, that is $7.50/hr for entertainment which is absolutely dirt cheap. Not many forms of entertainment are cheaper than $7.50/hr haha.

Now consider that most people put in WAY more hours than that into a game they buy, and it becomes so cheap that it is completely insignificant. Even if I paid $200 for a game I wanted to play for just one weekend, it would probably be less than $20/hr which is very cheap entertainment compared to going to the bar, out for dinner, weekend getaway, etc. (not to say staying at home playing video games is a better alternative to actually going out to do something haha, but you get the point).

Look at a game like GT4, where I probably played 100+ hours. Even if that game cost me $500, I would have happily paid it because $5/hr is absolutely dirt cheap entertainment.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Originally posted by schocker
    300 hours though, I never play any of my games that much. Generally 10-15 for the average game or 100+ if it is Forza
    You should see the destiny thread on here... I played that game for prob 30 hours. I think 10+ members here spend 5 hours a night playing

And yes jacked up game prices suck

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Seems like inflation to me. Games have always been around 60-70 bucks for new titles at the store. I like Amazon anyways, I don't have to put on pants
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

I know, I'm just bitching

Honestly, the last game I bought was "This War of Mine". Instant classic IMO.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by riander5

You should see the destiny thread on here... I played that game for prob 30 hours. I think 10+ members here spend 5 hours a night playing
    Either im just shit at the game or those guys are playing 2-3 times as much as me.

edit: Just taking a look at the profiles of a few of the guys from that thread i know play and 500 hours, 800 hours not uncommon. I have one friend who is at 1200

Time for a trip down memory lane...

Here is the 1996 Consumers Distributing video game catalog.

http://www.cdarchive.ca/UltimateVideo1996.pdf

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Originally posted by killramos

Either im just shit at the game or those guys are playing 2-3 times as much as me.

edit: Just taking a look at the profiles of a few of the guys from that thread i know play and 500 hours, 800 hours not uncommon. I have one friend who is at 1200
    I think I beat the story, got to level 20, and quit haha I actually have no idea my full play time

My Ride
    B8 Avant S-line

Originally posted by riander5

I think I beat the story, got to level 20, and quit haha I actually have no idea my full play time
    if you haven't played any of the raids, you're missing out! it's the only reason I keep playing Destiny

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast