Quantcast
The Beard Thread - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beard Thread

Default CFHC Toy Drive

The Calgary Facial Hair Club will be trying to spread a little Christmas cheer around this year and will have hosting a toy drive.

Tuesday December 8th @6pm

All toys will be donated to the Ronald MacDonald House Charities of Southern Alberta (www.ahomeawayfromhome.org)

There will be lots of prizes given away for people who donate. Examples of prizes are hockey tickets, barber shop gift cards, beard prodcuts, etc, etc, etc.

If you cannot make it, but would like to donate, please contact me and we will make it happen.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Dave
    [email protected]
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Dave P; 11-06-2015 at 02:44 PM.

My Ride
    Big Blue

I have had a beard since i was in junior high.Hispanic with what I am sure are Arab genes. I am not a hipster. Apparently I am if I let my facial hair do what it wants and has been doing for almost 2 decades, now a days anyways. I guess that's step up from terrorist over the last decade.

My observations of people who call others hipsters, is that it's usually coming from those who are not into fashion or trends.

Personally i got rid of my beard which was 6" long and manicured straight only along my jaw line. I had been asked how i got it that way. This was before the oils and lubes.
    Why did i get rid of it?
    I didn't like being associated with the crowd growing them let alone have them approach me in public asking me how long is it? how long have you grown it? what do you use? 90% of the time when i am out drinking, no homo.

i just rock a fucking stash now, but November ruins that too.
    Your #1 hater

I'm not sure if any one donated, but first toy drive was a pretty good success.

We managed to collect about 300 toys for the kids over at Ronald MacDonald house.

So if you donated of helped spread the word, Thanks for your help!

Dave

Its going down again!!!

My Ride
    This and that.

I just bought some beard oil from Sephora yesterday. Was $30 but forget the brand. Their rep was their and told me that it's the same oil that was marketed as 'pre shave oil' is now being rebranded and put back as 'beard oil'. Said it's the same thing. I just needed some oil so I picked it up but is that accurate? Seems to make sense, oil is oil.

I am beard newbie and it's taking a lot of patience to get to where I want to be but I am pretty far. The sides are starting to become unruly and curly so I think I might have to trim. But too afraid to do it myself so will hit up a barber shop I think. Are you just able to show them a picture of how you want your beard to look down the line and let them do their thing?

My Ride
    V167

^Desi oil is the best. I picked up a bottle of some desi stuff for my wedding, beard was looking .

Hit up a shop and have them trim it, after an initial clean up you can then think about maintaining it yourself.

Shaved mine off immediately after wedding for the reception and have been clean shaven since. The bug got me again and I'm regrowing it. Coming in nicely.

My Ride
    CBR600rr, MK7

Asian guy w/ beard checking in.

I use Bluebeards beard saver. Havent tried any oils yet tho

I buy my stuff from Kent's of inglewood!

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by nismodrifter
    ^Desi oil is the best. I picked up a bottle of some desi stuff for my wedding, beard was looking .

Hit up a shop and have them trim it, after an initial clean up you can then think about maintaining it yourself.

Shaved mine off immediately after wedding for the reception and have been clean shaven since. The bug got me again and I'm regrowing it. Coming in nicely.
    Haha that's exactly what I am doing. Shaved for the reception, fast forward 6 months, I want to grow it out again. lol. And not 2-3 months worth like for the wedding, proper lumberjatt styles. Haha.

I have been doing daily clean up myself like the cheek and neck lines etc, but I do think I need to hit up a shop once to get some trimming of the curly, unruly parts cause otherwise I will mess it up myself. I hear there's a good desi shop in NE and plan to hit it up on the weekend when I am in Calgary.

I wanna do the big mucch with vatt and stuff. Haha.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 02-22-2016 at 04:52 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Figured I'm finally grown up enough to attempt a beard... Started around mid October and it's finally turning into something that resembles a beard... My cheeks are not very thick though but the longer it gets the better it looks, I shave the really light cheek areas and attempt to trim the neck line, but fuck me if I can ever get both sides even, I have a beard shampoo, and brush and a leave in "conditioner" and some shitty wax that just turns to liquid at skin temperature it's all the same kit, so same brand "Billy Jealousy"

I find as long as I brush and condition everyday the sides stay in check... But I have very straight hair to begin with... I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm well beyond having to impress anyone so... Whatever hahha

Contest This Sat (as per above poster)

Trophies are looking dope!

https://www.facebook.com/events/361249320878342/?ti=as

2nd Annual CFHC Toy Drive is going down Dec 8th incase anyone is interested in joining.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Any recommendations for somewhere in the south to get some beard trimming done? Mostly just need to get the neckline trimmed up and evened out. Once the beard starts getting longer its a bitch to shave the neckline yourself.

My Ride
    is broken

Originally posted by shakalaka
    I just bought some beard oil from Sephora yesterday. Was $30 but forget the brand. Their rep was their and told me that it's the same oil that was marketed as 'pre shave oil' is now being rebranded and put back as 'beard oil'. Said it's the same thing. I just needed some oil so I picked it up but is that accurate? Seems to make sense, oil is oil.

I am beard newbie and it's taking a lot of patience to get to where I want to be but I am pretty far. The sides are starting to become unruly and curly so I think I might have to trim. But too afraid to do it myself so will hit up a barber shop I think. Are you just able to show them a picture of how you want your beard to look down the line and let them do their thing?
    I use Rotella T6. What's good for the car is good for the beard right!

Originally posted by 88CRX
    Any recommendations for somewhere in the south to get some beard trimming done? Mostly just need to get the neckline trimmed up and evened out. Once the beard starts getting longer its a bitch to shave the neckline yourself.
    I know a lot of guys that goto South Trail Barber Shop and have good results with their beard trims.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

I'm back in the field and had to shave. I've shaved once since 2014 and that was earlier this year. If you guys want beard oil let me know. I mix my own and can make it smell however you would want. But I would need a few guys to want some to make it worth getting more oil. Would be cheaper than 30.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by theken
    I'm back in the field and had to shave. I've shaved once since 2014 and that was earlier this year. If you guys want beard oil let me know. I mix my own and can make it smell however you would want. But I would need a few guys to want some to make it worth getting more oil. Would be cheaper than 30.
    I am ok with costs if it's good. I bought some from a place back east and it has been good. But what I find is its too oily and I heard a bit of glycerin can help with this.

Do you use that?

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

i use a lot of different oils, i make a bunch of different styles, and waxes, if you want a less oily one i can accommodate that

I forgot to mention, if anyone cant make it, but would like to donate, Mammoth has set up a section on their website for us.

https://www.mammothbeard.ca/products/cfhc-toy-drive

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Old thread bump..

Ive grown a beard and Ive got past the stage where it does not look like there is a dead rat sitting on my face.
    I use coconut oil. But I noticed others are using the fancy beard oil stuff. What is the difference?

My Ride
    Has 5 wheels.

Jojoba and argan oil are common as the carrier oil in the "fancy" beard stuff. They tend to be easier on the skin underneath and most closely resembles your bodies natural oil plus vitamin which is good for hair growth. Some people find the coconut oil stays greasier on them or their skin (particularly those that are acne prone). I would pop by Kent and get the true explanation however that is my understanding.

Personally I use this https://bluebeardsoriginal.com/original-beard-saver/

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast