Quantcast
Was my car just bagged by BMW Gallery? - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Was my car just bagged by BMW Gallery?

My Ride
    1290SDR, 701SM

Is Kevin Mah no longer at Gallery?

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by snowcat
    Kevin moved over to CBMW and has since left there. I'm not sure where hes at now.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Default Re: Re: Re: Was my car just bagged by BMW Gallery?

Originally posted by revelations

If the OP had dash cam footage like Sheldon did, then it would be an easier matter to settle.

All he had was his impressions, which ended up being false .... Not sure why one would bother to start a public thread in a high-SEO ranked forum like this bashing a business without evidence that would stand up in court. You might as well stand in front of the BMW service dept with a huge sign outlining your issues.
    I read this thread and can only think 'what a fucking embarrassment for this forum and certain forum members'.

OP waits a bit over 14 hours to start their rant. Really?

And the lunacy continues over the next 2 days in which other forum member's getting caught up in the bullshit to the point where at least 2 forum members rescind/delete what they have posted. 2 fucking business days, actually 1 business day before the OP escalated things - how entitled people believe they should be.

Did the BMW dealer maybe drop the ball a bit - probably, but it is not unreasonable to expect that maybe people at the dealership had a day off or were taking the time to investigate things in that 1 or 2 business days?

Such a sad, sad world this has become for some people. No trust, jumping to conclusions and making rash decisions without taking the time to get things figured out or work with another party. Good going to all who were absolute boobs in this thread.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Was my car just bagged by BMW Gallery?

Originally posted by speedog
    I am the morally superior patron saint of Beyond
    give it up man. you are no better than the masses.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Was my car just bagged by BMW Gallery?

Originally posted by spikerS
    give it up man. you are no better than the masses.
    Nothing to give up, just read through this thread. Shit, I had an incident this past week because of a TELUS contractor who was in my home on Wednesday afternoon and did some shit they shouldn't have (most likely incompetence) but I certainly wasn't on any forum 14 and a bit hours later airing my concerns. Have I got complete satisfaction from TELUS, not yet and I had to endure TELUS' most ridiculous 310-2255 electronic lady BS. But I have gotten most of my concerns addressed and by early next week all should be okay.

All I'm saying is sometimes (all times?) cooler heads should prevail. Yeah, one can be angry but using civility, educating one's self with respect to what may or may have not happened and giving other parties a bit of time to address issues isn't necessarily a bad thing. Certainly, I didn't go posting up the name of the contracted TELUS tech who came to my house to perform some work. Would I have them here again, never in my lifetime but I will make the appropriate TELUS manager quite well aware of what their contracted tech did that they should not have been doing, how ill-prepared they were and the lies I caught that tech saying about what happened in our home.

I never came on here bashing BMW Gallery. My initial post was a question , auto related,on an automotive forum. I did try to resolve this with BMW Gallery. If you read thru my initial posts you will see that I was given two different explanations which further increased my frustration. I never made up anything, I simply stated what happened. In the end BMW gave me a logical explanation, which I decided to test out (it took 30 mins of my time) and validated what they said. I'm not saying I'm perfect in all this, but for the sake of other members that have experienced mileage on their cars and with high consumption it provided clarity. I purposefully posted the letter as well as my findings in the end showing that I was wrong and BMW did a good job. I'm not sure why your going all crazy, I learned a lot from the experience. Would I handle it differentl? It's hard to say considering BMW never gave me a proper reason to begin with. As for feeling entitled, absolutely. I spent my hard earned money on my car, and I fully expect it to be treated respectfully just as anyone else should.

Also I should mention, when the service manager emailed me directly he specifically referred to this thread which may suggest the only reason I got a response was because of beyond. In any event, I'm satisfied with BMW Gallery and for now I will be returning to both their sales department and service department.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by VWEvo

Also I should mention, when the service manager emailed me directly he specifically referred to this thread which may suggest the only reason I got a response was because of beyond. In any event, I'm satisfied with BMW Gallery and for now I will be returning to both their sales department and service department.
    Agreed. It took a post on Beyond and a post on their FB page for the issues I had after buying my truck to get it resolved. All other attempts before that did nothing, and at the end, i was asked to post that they had remedied the issue. Makes me think the manufacturers are watching socical media accounts closely to see what their dealers are doing.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-04-2020 at 10:23 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    NC1

Just change the thread title and edit first post. Learn something new everyday. I don't think VWevo was being unreasonable, just concerned and a bit emotional
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by Rat Fink

This thread is such a joke. Some of you need to step away from your moms computer and go and talk to people face to face.

You say you own a 1968 Chevelle and a 1966 Impala by your signature. Maybe you should spend some more time in those vehicles and you'd be less of a pussy.

Lol, says the dude probably sitting in his parents basement typing like some sort of tough guy. Unfortunately your reading comprehension skills seem to be alluding you today. I can forgive you for that since usually your a decent contributing member on the forums here.

If you read, I actually asked them immediately after picking up the car and was given one BS explanation. The next day I was given another explanation along with the statement " these cars are designed to be driven hard". I did try to resolve this with them but to no avail. Like many customers before me, BMW Gallery has had serious issues with their service department, they would even admit that themselves. When I came on Beyond, I was simply sharing my story and even asking if I was overreacting, which pretty much every single person at the time said no.

Its funny how guys like you come out after the fact. Had nothing to say before, but all of a sudden you're "Mr. Tough guy" calling all of us pussies because we questioned how our vehicle was handled. Last I checked, the pussy would be someone that had something really bother them but never do anything about it.

I posted a concern, I publicly showed how BMW Gallery stepped up and resolved my concern, and even admitted they were right. I'm happy they were right, it was never my intention to bash them, and you can clearly see I was respectful when talking about their dealership.

I don't work at a dealership, nor have I ever been privy to knowing how things work around there. I can guarantee that a tonne of members learned something new about the service appointment. I was under the impression that the vehicle was getting simply fluids and filters changed. Never was I once told about spark plugs, test drives etc (again a poor communication issue with the dealership). So ya I was pissed off when I thought my car was taken for a spin. I guess in your world of "tough men" its a sin to question the almighty dealership, whom somehow you have likened to being the champions of customer service.

In any event. I've left this thread open for people to post constructive statements. Instead the "Hindsight Warriors" are coming out of the woodwork. I left it open to give BMW Gallery the benefit of dealing with an issue somewhat appropriately. In any event, this "pussy" is checking out for the last time in this thread. VWevo out!!!!
    Last edited by VWEvo; 02-28-2015 at 06:58 PM.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Hahaha this thread did a total 180!! Damn! Were people really posting pics of the service advisor??
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by zipdoa
    Hahaha this thread did a total 180!! Damn! Were people really posting pics of the service advisor??
    Stay classy Beyond
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by zipdoa
    lol I think spikerS did but then he removed it.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I don't see any fault on VWEvo's side at all.

VWEvo's intentions for this thread was at first simply asking a question and he was pretty level headed the entire time. He never exaggerated anything and throughout the entire thread has stayed classy. He just wanted an explanation, and some comments made by BMW Gallery just made him more worried.

The classless part of all this is posting pics of someone who made a silly typo. At least it was taken down, but the fact it was posted in the first place is seriously embarrassing. Gotta agree with speedog on that point. I don't have a problem with humiliation when people deserve it and evidence is concrete, but this definitely was not the thread for that (even though I think Beyond has been itching for an epic thread for a long time now). Just my $0.02.
    Last edited by Disoblige; 02-28-2015 at 08:25 PM.

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Originally posted by sillysod

Just in case anyone is wondering it is NOT Vitek they are talking about.
    Glad to hear it.

I've dealt with Vitek SEVERAL times (my wife's car is a total POS) and it's been a combination of him doing the work, me doing the work, me buying parts, him warrantying his work, him inspecting the car and informing me of work that needs to be done (free of charge while it's in for something else) and the guy has been nothing but thorough, professional, reasonable, and helpful.

There is a reason he runs a busy shop. The guy is, in my opinion, the best indy BMW shop in the city. And we've tried a couple to various degrees of getting ripped off

Gallery is hell on earth... Bought my first M3 there and when I arrived early to pick it up some anus was revving the shit out of it in the delivery bay.... And they stained the frozen paint. And wouldn't fix it.

I only go to Cal BMW now, because I have enough connections there that my car never gets fooled around with. If anyone so much as shifts it out of first to move it, I'll know it.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Originally posted by ToXicXxX
    I only go to Cal BMW now, because I have enough connections there that my car never gets fooled around with. If anyone so much as shifts it out of first to move it, I'll know it.
    lmao I was like lmao
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    17 Tacoma trd OR

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Also, if he donkey kicks, you donkey punch!

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

Originally posted by snowcat
    Kevin was the BEST!

Regardless....... These service advisors are in a TOUGH position. Whether it be BMW or a Honda dealership... They have a full plate and sometimes people have unreasonable expectations that THEIR vehicle is the only one that matters.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by Rat Fink
    The other thing about the radio stations..... If the battery was disconnected during the service, the radio programming usually goes out the door. I got accused of switching stations by entitled customers like you before too. I thought I was doing the "right thing" by trying to keep track of stations or by setting the radio to the nearest station. I get prissy customers like you who bitch about it. I then went for a while where I stopped trying to keep track of stations and just turned the volume low and the radio off, but got bitched at by customers for having their sensitive ears exposed to static and not the station of their choice. A guy can never win with customers like you.

This thread is such a joke. Some of you need to step away from your moms computer and go and talk to people face to face. You would've had your "problem" resolved before it even became a "problem".......and then you wouldn't have had to waste all this time with your bitchfest. You probably even had trouble sleeping that night you experienced this terrible ordeal. You wouldn't have had to drag a companies name though the mud. I bet you haven't even taken a second to think about the tech you may have dragged through the mud on this.

For you to have even taken the time to perform your little experiment to try to validate what BMW has told you. It's hilarious. This is a clear example of what is wrong with the world. Companies continuously striving for that great customer experience has bred a world where customers have this level of expectancy which has grown to ridiculous levels and bred a disgusting state of self-entitlement.

Apparently people who think their personal property shouldn't be abused or used without permission by someone who is supposed to be performing an oil change etc. are all entitled now?

Do you know what the word entitled means?

You do realize it is their property? Which grants them all the entitlement to that property in the world.

Regardless of what actually happened in this thread your post is shocking.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast