Quantcast
Was my car just bagged by BMW Gallery? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Was my car just bagged by BMW Gallery?

Default High Fuel consumption and some mileage after service appointment at BMW Gallery

Just took my M5 to BMW Gallery yesterday for a routine 20k service . (Fluids and air filter). Dropped it off at 7:30am. I get a call at 2:30 saying the spark plugs are a lot of work on this car and they require to keep the car overnight. I said I would prefer to bring it back rather then leave it there. So I go to pick up my car at 5:00. They bring out the car where a tech revved the engine just before turning it off to obviously hear my Eissenman exhaust, no biggie. I sit down, and immediately I notice the car has 8 km's put on it. I went inside and asked if my car was just in for a basic service (that technically wasn't even complete) why was it driven for 8 kms. They said they need to drive it 8 kms to reset the service indicator (srsly?????). I go back to my car and then notice my average gas consumption was 21.8L/100kms. I normally average 14.9, so whomever drove it, definitely drove it hard. In fact my 10 km drive home I managed to get the average consumption down to just 16.5L/100kms, which likely indicates they drove it hard for the entire 8 kms. Oh, one last thing , the radio was on tuned into Virgin Radio which I've never in my life listened to. Please tell me I'm just overreacting, becuaee right now I am super pissed. I left a message for the service manager to call me.

Update: Skip to page 5 and 6. BMW resolved the concerns and gave reasonable explanation as to why there was high fuel consumption and mileage not the car.
    Last edited by VWEvo; 02-28-2015 at 06:56 PM.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Maybe I am just as anal as you but definitely not overreacting. Radio isn't part of their job ( this is how people get blown speakers) so why should it have been on let alone changed.

They are 100% full of shit about reseting the service indicator, that takes 10 seconds and I'm pretty sure doesn't involve driving the car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LeJYHJdCMU

What is wrong with the entitlement these days? Do you have to give them explicit instructions that the car cannot leave their lot without express permission Jesus...

Sounds like they bagged your car bud. Don't let them hear the end of it.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-13-2019 at 12:07 AM.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Your car was definitely bagged. Any lot attendant getting their hands on a car like that is going to take it for a rip, without question.

Source: Lots of friends who worked at BMW Gallery as lot attendants when they were younger.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Where do you live Evo? With a 10km drive home it doesn't sound like they are that close to you.

I have heard it from many coworkers and friends that Calgary BMW is the dealer to go to for service due to a sharp decline in staff quality at Gallery.

After this gets sorted out maybe you should consider changing your dealer?

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Drone + geo-fence + report as stolen as soon as it leaves the dealer lot
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by FraserB
    Drone + geo-fence + report as stolen as soon as it leaves the dealer lot
    +1

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Liberties were definitely taken with your lady, no doubt about it. To the layman, it would be assumed that premium brand dealerships are a cut above poor-man dirt holes like Dodge or Chevy but it seems like we hear just as many horror stories. Personally I think they're all crooks and douche-bags, some of them just wear nicer suits.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Also, if you have a dash cam, your case is basically a slam dunk if you catch them bagging it.
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by zipdoa
    Also, if you have a dash cam, your case is basically a slam dunk if you catch them bagging it.
    I think the bigger problem is what is the recourse here even if you do prove they are at fault?

A free oil change?

Fuck that.

Get the tech fired?

Sounds like a great way to find a quart of oil all over your hood one day ( when their equally sleezy friends give them your address)

Sure you can change dealers (which doesn't punish the idiot brat who ripped on your car one bit)

You could report the dealer to BMW NA and get their PeePee slapped, like they care.

but really nothing can bring your car back to its pre bagged state. Regardless of if it was damaged or not.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

There's no point in changing dealers, same owners, same experience. Honestly, if you own a BMW and take it to the dealer for service, just expect this behavior to be the norm. It's part of the BMW ownership experience if you live in this city lol.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yea IMO its going to get worse this year when they open their new mega service facility. Meaning your car is no longer serviced at the dealer. And the facility is shared by both dealers.

Meaning they HAVE to drive your car there. Unless you drop it off I guess.

It also means a flood of new hire clown techs who A have no experience and B Are all punks with chips on their shoulders...

fact.

Originally posted by rage2
    There's no point in changing dealers, same owners, same experience. Honestly, if you own a BMW and take it to the dealer for service, just expect this behavior to be the norm. It's part of the BMW ownership experience if you live in this city lol.

I hate to say this, but as much as I absolutely love BMW's, the service department has been an ongoing issue for me ever since 2006 when I bought my first BMW. With this being the case, I'm not sure I want to own another BMW. Its so friggen retarded that a dealership like BMW Gallery doesn't have basic rules in place to prevent its techs from running around and bagging on clients vehicles.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by VWEvo

I hate to say this, but as much as I absolutely love BMW's, the service department has been an ongoing issue for me ever since 2006 when I bought my first BMW. With this being the case, I'm not sure I want to own another BMW. Its so friggen retarded that a dealership like BMW Gallery doesn't have basic rules in place to prevent its techs from running around and bagging on clients vehicles.
    2 of my friends say this exact same thing. Love BMW's, hates the service issues so much that they're considering another brand just because of that.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Definitely let us know every step of what they do for you here. Don't let this rest.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-13-2019 at 12:07 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I was hoping when I made my issues public that there would be some policy change to prevent similar incidents from happening. Guess not.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/238337/ow...-bmw-scumbags/

Oh well, you're always welcome over here on the dark side.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

BMW service is the reason I don't own one anymore even though my wife likes how they drive.

I stayed for my last appointment at Lonestar and they drove my car from the drop off bay, to the mechanic's bay, the car wash (next to the mechanics bay) and then back out to the parking lot.

My fuel usage was through the roof (24L/100 km) but that is because they leave it running for 2 hours. haha

EDIT: My E63 is faster than your M3. haha

I sympathize with your plight, I really do. But, how would the dealer group prevent cars from being bagged on? What sort of reliable system could be put into place to prevent employee abuse?

One thing we can all understand, is that, positions that require little formal training or experience usually attract people that treat that job transiently as well. I don’t mean to paint all lower end dealer staff with the same brush, but it seems pretty standard.

Years ago when I was a teen, I worked at Stadium Nissan as a detailer. I remember pulling a subaru forrester into the detail bay right after a lot attendant had taken it to get gas before delivery. That thing smelt like burnt clutch. the brakes were noticeably soft and the intercooler on top was intensely heat soaked. When I power washed the hood >5 min after I pulled it in, PLUMES of steam arose from the intercooler. The gas station was the independent one beside the home depot on 16th. So, less then a km away.
    I brought it to the attention of my boss; the service manager, he told me to shut up and clean the car. Shortly thereafter (about a week) I reported the other detailer to the service manager after he backed the parts runner (truck) into a customer car. The service manager told me to mind my own business, that detailer X would report the incident themselves. While the customer was speaking with the service advisor, I went and told the customer what I saw. 30 minutes later I was fired for “bad attitude, poor performance.” At the time I was much to young to understand what had transpired could have been made to be a much bigger deal. Instead I just walked across the bridge and down to the keg, I was working the morning shift the next day, I promptly let go of that experience.

Install a dashcam. Keep records of your time at the dealer. Enough complains will go somewhere... if nothing else take your story (with proof) to the media.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by rage2

I was hoping when I made my issues public that there would be some policy change to prevent similar incidents from happening. Guess not.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/238337/ow...-bmw-scumbags/

Oh well, you're always welcome over here on the dark side.

Is lone star that much better?

We have had nothing but issues with them half assing fixes or making excuses on the CLS...

It does make you wonder if you should be doing as Benyl does and stay for the duration of the service.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast