Quantcast
Aggresive Realtor? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Aggresive Realtor?

Default Aggresive Realtor?

I'm looking to make an offer on a house right away, I do NOT have a realtor but looking to make a offer that's quite a bit lower then the asking price (50k) under the asking.

The house has been on and off and what not and have financing in order any ideas to someone that can help me out that would be great
    Sometimes you have to take a chance, whether that be on someone, or something!

Why not use the fact that you don't have a Realtor as a bargaining chip? The seller only will have to pay half the commissions, so you should be able to split the difference with the selling Realtor and get an even greater discount on the house for a win-win.

The seller pays the realtor fees. Get a realtor, let them handle all the work involved. Either way seller ends up paying the realty fees whether you have a realtor or not. A lot of us use Jordan Lotoski on here and you will see why if you so choose to have him help you.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

I don't understand why you wouldn't use a realtor?? they are there to look out for your best interest. As mentioned the SELLER pays the realtor fees, not you.

Originally posted by vengie
    I don't understand why you wouldn't use a realtor?? they are there to look out for your best interest.
    I'm sorry, but

Or maybe you're being sarcastic...can't tell Their fiduciary duty seems to be a one way street.

I am not sure exactly how it would work, but he should be able to get a discount for not using a buying Realtor, since less commission would need to be paid by the seller.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 03-04-2015 at 03:32 PM.

^ Yeah, but the seller might not want to dick around with someone who's not being represented by a realtor...

Just get someone working for you, OP. Lowball that shit. Hope it works out for you.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-02-2020 at 09:37 PM.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

I'm sorry, but

Or maybe you're being sarcastic...can't tell Their fiduciary duty seems to be a one way street.

I am not sure exactly how it would work, but he should be able to get a discount for not using a buying Realtor, since less commission would need to be paid by the seller.
    The realty fees are set. If there is no other realtor, selling realtor keeps all the fees. If there is another realtor involved then they split the fees. In theory some realtors may reduce their commission in the event another realtor isn't involved to help close the deal. 90% of the time, this doesn't happen and the realtor gets full commission as signed in the contract in the beginning. Its worth having a realtor look out for your best interests.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

^ This. Logic would dictate if you didn't bring in a Realtor on your own side that you could save the half that he/she would have been paid.

Greed says otherwise.

Originally posted by VWEvo

The realty fees are set. If there is no other realtor, selling realtor keeps all the fees. If there is another realtor involved then they split the fees. In theory some realtors may reduce their commission in the event another realtor isn't involved to help close the deal. 90% of the time, this doesn't happen and the realtor gets full commission as signed in the contract in the beginning. Its worth having a realtor look out for your best interests.
    So, if say the realty fees were $20K, 10 would go to the buyer's Realtor and 10 to the Seller's. You should be able to easily negotiate an additional $5K off the price, and still give the seller's Realtor 50% more than he would have had if the buyer had a Realtor. Win-Win. Should be an easy decision for a Realtor looking out for the client's best interest I would think.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 03-04-2015 at 04:28 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by VWEvo

another reason to use Jordan... he doesnt double dip

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Next thread by 2BLUE will be how he got back-doored on his new house

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-13-2019 at 12:15 AM.

The listing realtor will most likely double dip or attempt to but the purchaser or the OP in this case can choose to purchase on his own and not be represented by the selling agent.

I had this happen on one of my recent sales where my realtor brought in an offer with someone who didn't have a realtor. My realtor didn't double dip and was only going to charge me the selling price of the commissions.

I can guarantee most would take the aggressive route and try and double dip both commissions. That doesn't serve the sellers interests when that happens though.

I see nothing wrong with making the offer without a realtor.. if you are going to low ball its your best bet to get a discounted rate. The seller won't even acknowledge your offer anyways. They will know anyone wanting to low ball by this extreme isn't a serious buyer.
    Last edited by gwill; 03-04-2015 at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-13-2019 at 12:15 AM.

Some realtors offer to pay legal fees, so try and find one of those if you go that route.

The last house I bought, my realtor offered to pay all my legal costs.
    Sometimes you have to take a chance, whether that be on someone, or something!

Default Re: Aggresive Realtor?

Originally posted by 2BLUE
    I'm looking to make an offer on a house right away, I do NOT have a realtor

Originally posted by 2BLUE
    The last house I bought, my realtor...
    So close the thread? You have a realtor.

If you are pretty pointed I'd give some of the folks over at 2% Reality a call. When I was buying a house I selected a Realtor who would split their commission with me. When I bought the house I got a cheque for $4K back.