Quantcast
Ferguson Police Slapped Down By DOJ - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ferguson Police Slapped Down By DOJ

My Ride
    Miss Daisy

Thanks for posting, Matt. Lots of good info there. That helped dispel some myths that I had previously believed.

www.industrialelements.ca

=====> Facebook - Like our page for promos, inventory, and shipment updates

=====> Instagram

Originally posted by sillysod
    The solution is always to give money. I guarantee you if you went into down town Detroit and gave everyone in Brightmoor $25,000 it would solve everything. It would turn into something as clean as San Frans Castro district within months.

People would all buy houses, get good jobs and start having intact families.
    Actually America has adopted the opposite of your strategy. Give money to the rich.

That has been epic for Detroit.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by Christian@IE
    Thanks for posting, Matt. Lots of good info there. That helped dispel some myths that I had previously believed.
    No thank you, for actually taking the time to read some things!
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Twice in a row you've educated the shit out of me. This thread and the thread where you researched the U of C having their 'opinions bought' by the energy sector.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

Originally posted by gatorade
    Canadian police departments are not required record the ethnicity or race of arrestees, so carrying out a report as systematically as the one as the one the DOJ has conducted is not possible (unless the law has changed).

No need for this when surnames come out as, Yellowclaw, Runningwolf, Fastwater, Chang, Wang, Al-Shabba, Ali, etc etc..
    Curse you imageshack..

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

msommers, bringing something informative and worthwhile into an otherwise simpleton thread.

Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by zipdoa

Twice in a row you've educated the shit out of me. This thread and the thread where you researched the U of C having their 'opinions bought' by the energy sector.
    Happy to help here but the other thread, credit is due to Thales for bringing up the notion, I simply supplied some media to his claims and fuck was I disappointed to find out there's some substance to those claims.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    oooo

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

Actually America has adopted the opposite of your strategy. Give money to the rich.

That has been epic for Detroit.

lol give money to the rich. Perhaps they aren't paying their "fair share" in taxes.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    msommers, bringing something informative and worthwhile into an otherwise simpleton thread.

Once again another useless post by JRSFOOLDUDE.

Good post MSommers. I knew some of that, a prevoius business partner was Metis and I ran into some surprises as to what I had thought previously about natives/metis thanks to him, but a lot of those links had new info for me.

A lot of what is in those articles is complete bullshit, and are a great example of the liberal extremism circle jerk this country is getting bullied into.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Ven
    A lot of what is in those articles is complete bullshit, and are a great example of the liberal extremism circle jerk this country is getting bullied into.
    Somebody had to say it

Originally posted by Ven
    How can you justify saying that the world faces a problem with liberal extremism, when corporations are gaining more and more power?

Corporations are amoral, which makes them right wing in philosophy.

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Somebody had to say it
    Troglodytes often cheer for their own demise.

Originally posted by BrknFngrs

How does that prove racism?
    It shows an over-representation of a racial group in the prison system. Statistically speaking they should represent the same or about the same proportion they compose of the general population, therefore about 3%.

Secondly racism isn't defined by individual or general attitudes against a specific group. Its when there is marginalization systematically against a specific racial or ethnic group.

The source of that over-representation is due to a multiple factors that have been well-documented in research. Among them more punitive sentences for Aboriginals in courts and enhanced surveillance of Aboriginals by police.

The same type of over-representation is shown in the United States for African Americans but not to the same extent for Aboriginals in Canada.

Here is one source that articulates this

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/abor...tion-1.1338498
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by gatorade
    It shows an over-representation of a racial group in the prison system. Statistically speaking they should represent the same or about the same proportion they compose of the general population, therefore about 3%.
    An over representation of an ethnic group in the prison system does not prove the system, by design or otherwise is racially biased. It may be that the ethnic group is overly represented because they simply commit more crimes.

I'm not saying issues don't exists. Longer sentences, stricter parole for aboriginals, those are all things that should be fair regardless of race. But there has to be some ownership here. If the aboriginal community is massively over represented in the prison system, I'd suggest that while there may be external issues , the root cause is probably behaviour by members of the Aboriginal Community.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    Nissan 300zx (1990 na)

Do you think this behaviour differs from others because of some kind of special DNA gene?

(BTW I didnt really read the thread and have some members on ignore )

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

the root cause is probably behaviour by members of the Aboriginal Community.
    Completely agree. And I don't think anyone is saying that this hasn't been (in some way or form) shaped by what has happened in the past.

My Ride
    fairlady tt

Default Re: Ferguson Police Slapped Down By DOJ

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus
    The DOJ report paints the City of Ferguson as racist. Hopefully the cities police department and judges are dismissed.

Do you think Edmonton's and Calgary's police forces profile the native population?

Will anyone post on topic or will they do otherwise?
    Profiles work for a reason, that's why they are called profiles. It gives the officers a set of attributes to look for when dealing with suspects or just walking the beat.

My Ride
    fairlady tt

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Completely agree. And I don't think anyone is saying that this hasn't been (in some way or form) shaped by what has happened in the past.
    If Natives what to change their perception in society they should try to start functioning with in it instead of fighting it. Its not about assimilation and trying to wipe out their culture its about being functioning members that aren't a drain of public funds. Natives have so much opportunity given to them by the government in the form of grants and other subsidies yet they piss it away. Its pathetic that they continually bite the hand that feeds them and expect for things to change when they put no effort in to helping themselves.

Originally posted by P_D

If Natives what to change their perception in society they should try to start functioning with in it instead of fighting it. Its not about assimilation and trying to wipe out their culture its about being functioning members that aren't a drain of public funds. Natives have so much opportunity given to them by the government in the form of grants and other subsidies yet they piss it away. Its pathetic that they continually bite the hand that feeds them and expect for things to change when they put no effort in to helping themselves.
    WOW, racism at it's finest.

A culture disenfranchises the natives, and then blames the natives for the results. Which is the exact same thing that happened in Ferguson, except it is the black community that was mistreated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast