Quantcast
Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge - Page 14 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

Man still on the fence on buying one s6 edge or do I keep my note 4
    S6 soooo awesome looking.
    Note 4 hard to give up the big screen when your used to it. But having a phone that fits in your pocket better is so appealing and it looks good! Also giving up the bigger battery is hard to do as well. Never carry a charger around, I'm a heavy phone user.

Anyone here go from note 4 to s6 edge? Worth doing?

My Ride
    This and that.

I would do it simply for the looks. But then again the ONLY reason I got the S6 Edge was the looks when I randomly saw it at the Samsung store. Prior to that had little idea about it and what it was and was completely happy with my limited edition Red Blackberry Passport.

My Ride
    F30

I'm getting it because it's probably the nicest phone i've seen and has a much better build then the note. I will miss the screen size but the S6 Edge just looks too good! And to top it off both the S6 and S6 Edge have gotten great reviews.
    Originally posted by Ven
    If you find a chic the there with a stick shift don't be alarmed. It's just the performance model, go ahead and ride it like you stole it.

For those of you that bought the phone outright, where did you get it from? Finding it impossible to get one outright with telus.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Originally posted by nagooro
    For those of you that bought the phone outright, where did you get it from? Finding it impossible to get one outright with telus.
    got mine from koodo

My Ride
    Grimace

I got mine at costco so I could go with virgin or bell. You could try koodo or telus then.

Didn't know Costco sold phones outright. I dont mind switching to Virgin so will check them out tomorrow.

Does anyone know if you can use a telus SIM in a koodo phone, without unlocking it?
    Last edited by nagooro; 04-30-2015 at 08:34 PM.

My Ride
    This and that.

Fido kiosk sold me one outright. Samsung store in West Ed sells them outright too.

My Ride
    Grimace

Didn't know Costco sold phones outright. I dont mind switching to Virgin so will check them out tomorrow.

Does anyone know if you can use a telus SIM in a koodo phone, without unlocking it?
    Yeah, they sold me a bell one as the virgin ones were out. For some reason they are only $727 instead of $750. Sim is like $5. I believe telus/koodo would be the same but not 100% sure.

Yes, you can use a Telus sim in a Koodo phone without unlocking it.

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

Ordered a 32gb s6 yesterday around noon. It shipped at 7pm and is out for delivery now. Not sure if the stars are aligning, or Rogers is eagre to get these out into peoples hands, but Im happy.

Rereading the thread closer but was much back up done by those with older samsungs? Or you just let the google account sync what you needed?

Originally posted by colsankey
    Ordered a 32gb s6 yesterday around noon. It shipped at 7pm and is out for delivery now. Not sure if the stars are aligning, or Rogers is eagre to get these out into peoples hands, but Im happy.

Rereading the thread closer but was much back up done by those with older samsungs? Or you just let the google account sync what you needed?
    I used a program called smart switch - ported all my stuff over from one phone to another..

My Ride
    F30

I reserved a S6 Edge in gold on the Rogers website and still haven't gotten a call that it's ready for pickup
    Originally posted by Ven
    If you find a chic the there with a stick shift don't be alarmed. It's just the performance model, go ahead and ride it like you stole it.

Originally posted by DGill
    I reserved a S6 Edge in gold on the Rogers website and still haven't gotten a call that it's ready for pickup
    I am not sure if it's like Fido, but I assume it is. If you log into your account on the website, you can likely track your reservation and see your place in line. At least with Fido, the number you see is for all of Canada. Gold will also probably take a while to come in, since Canada just got them recently.

Also, when my brother reserved his S6, the store didn't bother calling him, so don't assume it isn't there just because you didn't get a call. It took a week for a black one to come in, and I'm still waiting on a gold one after 2 weeks.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 05-01-2015 at 11:48 AM.

My Ride
    This and that.

I reserved mine at a Fido kiosk near me as well and I was on the waiting list number 500 or something when I walked up to a different Fido kiosk and grabbed one. lol

My Ride
    F30

Anyone get any screen protection for the S6 edge yet? I've been looking online on Amazon and i've seen a few spigen ones that have mixed reviews, any recommendations?
    Originally posted by Ven

I have a ghost armor on mine right now. It's good, got to be pretty good at doing it to get all the holes aligned well.

I'm waiting on a supposed tempered glass one from amazon
    Mercs

My Ride
    This and that.

I initially spent the $30 or whatever it was at the official Samsung store at West Ed and got their screen protector. I applied it and it was okay at best. It had some bubbles that really annoyed the hell out of me. Yesterday I got Zagg to install one of their HD screen protectors and it seems like they did a good job and I like the glass like feel of it as well.

My Ride
    an econo box

Are screen protectors really necessary with Gorilla Glass 4?

My Ride
    F30

You would probably be ok without one, but you never know so I think it's worth spending $20-$30 for some protection.
    Originally posted by Ven

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast