Quantcast
Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge - Page 17 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge

Originally posted by nagooro
    Anyone else hate the method for taking a screenshot? Swiping the whole screen. 90% of the time it doesnt register and it ends up registering as a 1 finger swipe.
    Make sure your whole hand-side is touching the screen. It works for me every time without fail. You can also just do it the old fashioned way with the home and power button if you prefer.

At first I thought you were supposed to do the swipe above the screen, and the camera would pick up your hand Needless to say I didn't have much luck with that.

My Ride
    Grimace

I use the button method and only the swipe method once and a while. Both work great though. My issue though is the samsung camera app has it properly in a screenshot folder, but all other apps like the new google photos app which is the best in the world, see the screenshots as in the camera folder so it uploads them also when I want them separate. The amazon cloud app does it too.

New google photos is awesome. Unlimited free storage, and no compression up to 16MP or 1080P video. Automatic upload & syncing. Exactly what I have been wanting in a storage app. It will be a game changer for some people I think.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    New google photos is awesome. Unlimited free storage, and no compression up to 16MP or 1080P video. Automatic upload & syncing. Exactly what I have been wanting in a storage app. It will be a game changer for some people I think.
    It is awesome as I had been using amazon prime photos, but google aggregates better and can spiff up the pictures. The only thing I hate is the screen shot thing. 16mp is enough for me though as I am not a photographer.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

These phones look unreal. Only thing id really miss from my iphone is imessage that most of my friends have. Did any of you miss this at first when you converted? Is there any other things nearly as convenient or do you just simply text everyone now?

Originally posted by riander5
    These phones look unreal. Only thing id really miss from my iphone is imessage that most of my friends have. Did any of you miss this at first when you converted? Is there any other things nearly as convenient or do you just simply text everyone now?
    Pretty much everyone I text uses WhatsApp, but that's just my group of friends, so YMMV. Most of my texting these days is in group chats, which WhatsApp handles much better than any of the stock programs unless everyone has the same OS. That way it also doesn't matter what OS your friends are using since it's cross platform, works flawlessly, and is extremely polished.

Hangouts is Google's version of iMessage, and they have improved it over the years quite a bit. If all your friends have Android, then it would be an option, but if not it would still be better to use WhatsApp in that scenario as well IMHO.

iMessage is fine if all your friends are iPhone users, but WhatsApp would do the same thing regardless of phone type or operating system. If your friends use mixed devices, you will probably prefer WhatsApp anyway.

Obviously I am a big WhatsApp fan, but it really does solve a lot of issues, especially if your friends all use different phones. It also is amazing for sharing photos, videos, voice clips, files, etc. You can even log in using a computer if you want to chat via computer through your phone while you do other things so you don't always have to be looking at your phone.

Also pretty well every phone plan these days has unlimited texting, so you could just do that if you want. The only thing is for sharing media or texting while traveling, the data-based programs are better since all you need is WiFi.

My Ride
    an econo box

Pretty much everyone I text uses WhatsApp, but that's just my group of friends, so YMMV. Most of my texting these days is in group chats, which WhatsApp handles much better than any of the stock programs unless everyone has the same OS. That way it also doesn't matter what OS your friends are using since it's cross platform, works flawlessly, and is extremely polished.

Hangouts is Google's version of iMessage, and they have improved it over the years quite a bit. If all your friends have Android, then it would be an option, but if not it would still be better to use WhatsApp in that scenario as well IMHO.

iMessage is fine if all your friends are iPhone users, but WhatsApp would do the same thing regardless of phone type or operating system. If your friends use mixed devices, you will probably prefer WhatsApp anyway.

Obviously I am a big WhatsApp fan, but it really does solve a lot of issues, especially if your friends all use different phones. It also is amazing for sharing photos, videos, voice clips, files, etc. You can even log in using a computer if you want to chat via computer through your phone while you do other things so you don't always have to be looking at your phone.

Also pretty well every phone plan these days has unlimited texting, so you could just do that if you want. The only thing is for sharing media or texting while traveling, the data-based programs are better since all you need is WiFi.
    Yep, Viber is another app similar to WhatsApp. I use both. For some reason Viber works better for my family overseas. Either way both are great apps and even allow calling over wifi.

How much ram are you guys using up? Last few days my phones been considerably slower opening up apps.

I was at 90% ram used, closed all the apps running, restarted my phone and it went to 85%

Should have an app called Smart Manager that shows the usage

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

Really enjoy my phone!
    The camera is top notch.

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by nagooro
    How much ram are you guys using up? Last few days my phones been considerably slower opening up apps.

I was at 90% ram used, closed all the apps running, restarted my phone and it went to 85%

Should have an app called Smart Manager that shows the usage
    I have a widget on one of my screen that has a button that says 'clean up' on it and shows the percentage of RAM being used. After pressing clean-up it goes down a bit. I do that quite a bit, not sure if it does anything good but it doesn't affect the phone in any negative way. It goes back up shortly after anyway.

My Ride
    F30

Finally got my gold S6 edge and love it! Is there any way you can do live sports scores on the edge, the yahoo app is just team specific? Also how do you create sub folders in the menu?
    Originally posted by Ven
    If you find a chic the there with a stick shift don't be alarmed. It's just the performance model, go ahead and ride it like you stole it.

Originally posted by DGill
    Finally got my gold S6 edge and love it! Is there any way you can do live sports scores on the edge, the yahoo app is just team specific? Also how do you create sub folders in the menu?
    If I understand you correctly, the Score app will do what you want for live sports updates. Not only does it instantly update the scores of every game you could ever want live, you can "follow" teams, players, or any combination of those and get instant notifications. You can further customize those notifications to include any combination of goals, assists, breaking news, etc. etc. It's an extremely polished app.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Wife got hers, it's the non-edge version. seems to like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    F30

If I understand you correctly, the Score app will do what you want for live sports updates. Not only does it instantly update the scores of every game you could ever want live, you can "follow" teams, players, or any combination of those and get instant notifications. You can further customize those notifications to include any combination of goals, assists, breaking news, etc. etc. It's an extremely polished app.
    I use the score mobile app and it works great, but what i'm looking for is if there is something for the edge screen to show live scores. It has some yahoo sports application on the edge screen but I'm not sure if you can get live scores on that, you have to follow each team.
    Originally posted by Ven
    If you find a chic the there with a stick shift don't be alarmed. It's just the performance model, go ahead and ride it like you stole it.

I use the score mobile app and it works great, but what i'm looking for is if there is something for the edge screen to show live scores. It has some yahoo sports application on the edge screen but I'm not sure if you can get live scores on that, you have to follow each team.
    Oh my bad, I didn't see the part where you wanted something for the edge. Sorry! Nothing that I know of anyway, the edge has pretty limited functionality on the S6. It would be cool to have a Score widget on it or something though for sure.

My Ride
    F30

Oh my bad, I didn't see the part where you wanted something for the edge. Sorry! Nothing that I know of anyway, the edge has pretty limited functionality on the S6. It would be cool to have a Score widget on it or something though for sure.
    Ya they have a pre loaded widget for the edge but it only shows you scores of teams you follow so you would need to go in and follow every team haha maybe they will change that in a update or something
    Originally posted by Ven

My Ride
    F30

Anyone know which mall has ghost armour? I called the sunridge and cross iron numbers and they dont go through, someone was telling me they closed down?

Edit I found it in Sunridge and got it done looks good
    Last edited by DGill; 06-10-2015 at 07:26 PM.
    Originally posted by Ven

My Ride
    F30

Is the IMEI sticker on the back meant to be removed?
    Originally posted by Ven

My Ride
    Grimace

Is the IMEI sticker on the back meant to be removed?
    Yes, I just took it off and put it with my box.

SGS6 Active is now officially announced, for those looking for greater durability or battery longevity.

- Submersible for 30 mins (at 1 meter)
    - drop proof to 4ft
    - no port covers
    - much larger 3,500 mAh battery (same fast-charge feature)

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 LastLast