Quantcast
Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge - Page 13 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge

Originally posted by shakalaka
    For the battery, I find myself charging it at least once through out the day. I do use it quite a lot for browsing, emails, messages, calls and games as well. I just have a charger everywhere I am for that reason. lol
    I got the wireless charger... and I don't even use it... it charges too slow..

My Ride
    This and that.

I have the wireless charger at home on my bedside table for night time charging. Others are all cables at the office, car etc.

Originally posted by shakalaka
    I have the wireless charger at home on my bedside table for night time charging. Others are all cables at the office, car etc.
    I much prefer the cable since i've read some people aren't able to get a full charge on wireless overnight... haven't tested it either.

Now I just have to wait till my damn case arrives...

Yeah the plug-in is so ridiculously fast that I probably wont end up using the wireless charger either. 5%-100% in an hour is crazy. Even if you can charge it for 10-20 minutes it's enough for a night out.

Originally posted by K3RMiTdot

My Favorite widget - Alarm, Calender and weather all in one!
    Question for you - with that widget, my home screen weather updates no problem, but my lock screen weather seems to be on a much slower update interval. I did not see a separate setting for the lock screen info in the settings. Do you know how to keep the home and lock screen weather always synced with this particular widget?

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Question for you - with that widget, my home screen weather updates no problem, but my lock screen weather seems to be on a much slower update interval. I did not see a separate setting for the lock screen info in the settings. Do you know how to keep the home and lock screen weather always synced with this particular widget?
    I don't use the weather app on the lock screen. In fact i barley check the weather.

Originally posted by K3RMiTdot

I much prefer the cable since i've read some people aren't able to get a full charge on wireless overnight... haven't tested it either.

Now I just have to wait till my damn case arrives...
    Wireless can fully charge the phone in about 3 hours, about the same time as most phones take on a wired charger. I was a bit surprised how quick it is on wireless.
    ---

Originally posted by kenny

Wireless can fully charge the phone in about 3 hours, about the same time as most phones take on a wired charger. I was a bit surprised how quick it is on wireless.
    Thats awesome I'll try it out tonight.

My Ride
    Grimace

Anyone having issues with the newer version nexus qi charger? I swore I had it working when I was setting up the phone, now it won't work at all with case or no case. Makes no sense.

were are people going to get the screen protection done on the S6? Looking for someone to install as I am no good with that sot of stuff.

Thanks in Advance

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Got a tempered glass protector from the Koodo store in market mall and they put it on for me.

i'm waiting for ghost armour...

My Ride
    E92, ZX6R, MK4 GLI

I think the battery is terrible and the quick charge is just a gimmick. I'd much rather have a longer lasting battery that takes a while to charge than having to constantly plug in throughout the day. My s5 lasted longer and I used it the same amount.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by slick2404
    I think the battery is terrible and the quick charge is just a gimmick. I'd much rather have a longer lasting battery that takes a while to charge than having to constantly plug in throughout the day. My s5 lasted longer and I used it the same amount.
    The battery life is great, depending on test about the same or better than S5. Quick charge isn't a gimmick either, it is a very handy feature if your phone is low and you quickly need a bost before you go somewhere
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/9146/t...-edge-review/3
    I top mine off like once a day when I get home now. On my N5 it was being charged like 2-3 times a day so I love it.

^^
    Same here, I am not experincing any of that. I have no battery issues at all. Quick charge is amazing, I don't know how you could call it a gimmick. Just got back from holidays, and being able to put a 100% charge in the phone in ~1 hour is unbelievably useful (not to mention impossible with nearly any other phone). We would often go back to the hotel room just for a half hour or so to change or whatever, and I could put 50% charge back into my phone, which we relied on heavily. I'm currently at 57% still with 21 hours since my last charge, and I was using the phone pretty heavily (browsing, tons of pictures/video, GPS/NAV, roaming, google maps, emails + 2 email accounts fetching contantly, some youtube + full volume speaker). Quick charge is easily one of the phone's most useful features day-to-day.

Also if I'm running low but headed out for the night or somehting, 10-20 minutes puts an extra 20-30% in the phone, which is more than enough for an entire evening.

I don't play games, but I imagine that is where you would see a significant battery draw, when CPU and GPU are running at 100% along with the speaker & screen.

My Ride
    This and that.

Do any of you have a random issue where on the top of lock screen the phone shows no network connection but there are still full bars except for the LTE sign has disappeared? I noticed that the internet doesn't work during this time (not sure about phone). If I restart the phone or put in airplane mode and turn it off it's fine again. It's weird...is something wrong with my phone? Happens once in a while. Noticed it this morning when I woke up and it had that and then in the evening randomly in my pocket it had that when 5 minutes before it was fine. And normally that area just displays Fido.

My Ride
    F30

Has anyone tried out this case yet?

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...8f2da52b77en02
    Originally posted by Ven
    If you find a chic the there with a stick shift don't be alarmed. It's just the performance model, go ahead and ride it like you stole it.

My Ride
    Grimace

I like the idea of that case but I think flipping it open all the time would get annoying.

My Ride
    This and that.

That's the official Samsung case that I have been thinking about but like stated, it would kill one handed use of the phone or at the very least make it harder to use it with one hand.

My Ride
    F30

I had a similar case on my note so i'm used to flipping and using it with one hand, I like the fact that it covers the screen as well so maybe i'll check it out when I pick up the phone.
    Originally posted by Ven
    If you find a chic the there with a stick shift don't be alarmed. It's just the performance model, go ahead and ride it like you stole it.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast