Quantcast
Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge

Originally posted by shakalaka
    Thanks I'll check out those cases! I am guessing wireless charging doesn't work if you have a case? On a side note what's the best setting to have in order to get the best quality videos and Pictures? I find my videos a little choppy looking on the phone after shooting them.
    Wireless charging works through the cases no problem.

If your videos are choppy, go into the settings and enable FHD 60P, and turn on stabilization during vdeo (both are separate options in camera settings).

For pictures the HDR actually works surprisingly well for high contrast scenes, I leave mine on auto HDR. Subject tracking AF has it's place but I'd leave it off by default.

My Ride
    This and that.

When I go into video size and change it to FHD (60fps) I get a message saying, "the following will be unavailable while recording in FHD (60fps) resolutions:
    HDR (rich tone)
    video effects
    video stabilisation
    taking pictures while recording video
    tracking AF"

If I change the option to stock FHD then it doesn't show and I can turn on stabilization. I made a couple of simply vids of my car and it keeps looking choppy on the phone when I watch it. I will try to upload to photo bucket and see how they look on the computer.

PS: I ordered the see through case via amazon with the dust plugs or whatever. I saw a clear Samsung case at the Samsung store and that looks quite nice actually. seemed even thinner than the one you posted and I ordered but I said what the hell it's $20. Will try it out and if I don't like it pick up the Samsung store one.

DOUBLE EDIT: The video just seems choppy when playing on the phone. On the computer it seems fine!

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/...416_155849.mp4
    Last edited by shakalaka; 04-16-2015 at 11:13 PM.

Is it this one?

http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/m...EF-QG920BBEGCA

Let me know how you like it, I might grab one too if it keeps the camera off the surface as well. Then again I do really like the dust caps.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 04-17-2015 at 08:59 AM.

My Ride
    This and that.

Yup! That's the one they have at Samsung store that I really liked but didn't get when I got the screen protector. Might think about getting it next time I am there.

It's kind of long, but I found this video quite helpful for pointing out what are probably some of the lesser known features:

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 12:51 AM.

Finally played with one better then the old ones but I still see a lag when browsing and in apps, It's not as fluid as ios

My Ride
    2001 325i

Been waiting for the S6 for a while now, my old S3 died a few months ago & I've been stuck using a iPhone 4s in the meantime. Played with the Edge a bit at Best buy the other day, really like the design & look of the screen over the normal S6. Anyone have any issues with getting the Edges ghost armored? Working in a bodyshop isn't very touch screen friendly which is one of my main concerns. Either way I'm hopefully going to pick up a White Edge on Friday.
    Jordan v.

Originally posted by GQBalla
    Finally played with one better then the old ones but I still see a lag when browsing and in apps, It's not as fluid as ios
    That's strange. I have two of them now, and I can't make either of them lag or stutter even if I try with tons of stuff open. Reviews don't seem to be mentioning anything about lag either - quite the opposite. Sounds like there was something weird going on with that particular unit.

For anyone looking to buy outright, telus in beacon Hill and country Hills are selling outright to telus customers.

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Is it this one?

http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/m...EF-QG920BBEGCA

Let me know how you like it, I might grab one too if it keeps the camera off the surface as well. Then again I do really like the dust caps.
    I picked this up yesterday and I quite like it. It is EXTREMELY thin to the point where you can barely tell it's there. Makes you feel a little better about handling the phone and doesn't detract from the look of the phone at all. The only gripe is that the back part sticks to the phone at some areas that gives that water stuck and spread underneath look. Other than that it's great. As for actually protection if dropped, it'll certainly save the corners.

That's strange. I have two of them now, and I can't make either of them lag or stutter even if I try with tons of stuff open. Reviews don't seem to be mentioning anything about lag either - quite the opposite. Sounds like there was something weird going on with that particular unit.
    The only lag I've noticed on mine is upon exiting some app the clock widget on the main screen takes a couple of seconds to appear sometimes. Same with other icons at times.

^^^ Cool thanks, I will check it out.

I am using "Weather and Clock" widget that I downloaded just because I didn't like the stock one, and it seems to be glued to the home screen. I have yet to not see it there when I go back to the home screen from an app. It's like it's pre-loaded or something, I can see it even before the screen is done drawing.

As for the other app icons, I think I have seen what you mean once or twice on my N5, but I have yet to see it on the S6.

My Ride
    This and that.

Is that widget from the app store? I will check it out.

Forgot to mention about the case, best part is when you put the phone face down there is an ever so slight space between the surface and the phone. It prevents the screen from touching which is think is awesome cause now I can leave it like that use that cool light feature from the edge. lol

Originally posted by shakalaka
    Is that widget from the app store? I will check it out.

Forgot to mention about the case, best part is when you put the phone face down there is an ever so slight space between the surface and the phone. It prevents the screen from touching which is think is awesome cause now I can leave it like that use that cool light feature from the edge. lol
    Yeah it's just this one, I grabbed it because it was free and has lots of options:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...expert.weather

Beautiful Widgets is good too, but it's not free.

Good to know about the case - keeping the camera lens and front screen off the surface are must-haves in any case IMO.

I'm also very pleased with battery life. I'm down to 15% battery after 5 days 18 hours of use on my work phone. Not bad for 2 hours of screen-on time, but there was a decent amount of stand by time in there too. I also have 2 email clients fetching emails constantly, so it's not completely inactive when sitting, but I'm pretty impressed so far. I do not expect that kind of battery life from the one I have for personal use, but it should still be decent.

My Ride
    This and that.

For the battery, I find myself charging it at least once through out the day. I do use it quite a lot for browsing, emails, messages, calls and games as well. I just have a charger everywhere I am for that reason. lol

My Ride
    Grimace

Haven't picked mine up yet but my N5 battery seems to be getting worse and worse, I had better call around as I can't wait for a new nexus now.

Yeah I will probably be down to 1.5-2 days on personal use based on what I'm seeing from my work phone. Standby seems to be extremely good, so as long as you turn the screen off when you aren't using it, etc. you can probably make it go a long ways. I don't play games, which is probably the biggest battery killer since the CPU and GPU are going all out.

The battery saving modes seem quite useful too, maybe worth turning them on at night.

I also turn off the vibration on key press, and the vibration on the capacitive buttons, which probably helps a bit (I don't like it anyway).

With ~1hr full charge times though it doesn't really matter too much haha. I can't believe how fast this thing charges.

Hopefully Samsung refreshes their 8 and 10" tablets with their new processors and build quality, I think those would be big hits.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 04-21-2015 at 11:19 AM.

Hopefully Samsung refreshes their 8 and 10" tablets with their new processors and build quality, I think those would be big hits.
    I just bought my Galaxy Tab S last summer and if they come out with an aluminum body, the improved screen, and with the new fingerprint sensor, I'd buy it. I haven't had problems with speed or anything major with it. When I'm at home, I'm on my tablet, everywhere else I'm on my phone.
    Mercs

Originally posted by mdeleon

I just bought my Galaxy Tab S last summer and if they come out with an aluminum body, the improved screen, and with the new fingerprint sensor, I'd buy it. I haven't had problems with speed or anything major with it. When I'm at home, I'm on my tablet, everywhere else I'm on my phone.
    Yeah I have a Galaxy Tab S 10.1" as well, it's great. I don't even think the screen would need an upgrade, but if they can do it, sure haha. Only things I'd change would be the new processor, S6 build quality, S6 fingerprint sensor, front facing speakers, and the lightened TouchWiz. I'd buy that in a heartbeat in 8-10". I suspect they will make it, it's the logical progression following the new line of phones.

^^^ Cool thanks, I will check it out.

I am using "Weather and Clock" widget that I downloaded just because I didn't like the stock one, and it seems to be glued to the home screen. I have yet to not see it there when I go back to the home screen from an app. It's like it's pre-loaded or something, I can see it even before the screen is done drawing.

As for the other app icons, I think I have seen what you mean once or twice on my N5, but I have yet to see it on the S6.
    My Favorite widget - Alarm, Calender and weather all in one!

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast