Quantcast
2015 Golf Thread - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Golf Thread

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

96 at Rivers Edge on Friday

Took an 8 and a 7 on the front and an 8 on the back. SOAB haha.

The fine line of having a couple really shitty holes makes it impossible for me to crack 90. Still hopeful I can make it happen this year.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Originally posted by 88CRX
    96 at Rivers Edge on Friday

Took an 8 and a 7 on the front and an 8 on the back. SOAB haha.

The fine line of having a couple really shitty holes makes it impossible for me to crack 90. Still hopeful I can make it happen this year.
    There are a couple holes there that make it pretty easy to post up a big score. On the front you need to minimize your score on 3, 8 and 9 and on the back you need to play well on the tree lined holes.

Once you play there a few times, it gets easier, and you start learning where to miss.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by npham

There are a couple holes there that make it pretty easy to post up a big score. On the front you need to minimize your score on 3, 8 and 9 and on the back you need to play well on the tree lined holes.

Once you play there a few times, it gets easier, and you start learning where to miss.
    Yea I played with a buddy who knew the course which was a huge help. I would have been lost otherwise.

Hole #8 I went OB with my tee shot then my second shot also hooked, hit the top of the cart path fence and shot straight left OB again. Terrible bounce.

Back 9 is narrow as hell but was going alright up till hole 14 or 15 (I think). Put back to back shots into the trees and had to take multiple drops again.

My Ride
    2005 F350

yeah, the 3 holes in the valley on the back 9 was the death of that round for me.

my driver seems to have gone to shit now. can't figure it out
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

Got rained out blue devil yesterday, was shooting well, 41 on the front then left. Gur on both 5s, my in 100 yard shots were disgusting.

Played Heritage Pointe yesterday. Shot 51 on Pointe and 45 on Heritage. Not a big fan of their greens.
    How's Wintergreen? Might give it a try tomorrow.

My Ride
    2017 Tacoma street queen

Played wintergreen today really enjoyed it. 45 on the front and 43 on the back and the course is in good shape.

Originally posted by sl888
    Played Heritage Pointe yesterday. Shot 51 on Pointe and 45 on Heritage. Not a big fan of their greens.
    How's Wintergreen? Might give it a try tomorrow.
    What? Why? Their greens are super quick and roll extremely true. I thought Willow's greens were quick and then I played Heritage, very impressive.

Wintergreen is one of the most underrated courses in Alberta I feel.
    "Uptight user on beyond.ca" - Micheal Platt

My Ride
    V8s

Yeah, another +1 for heritage pointe greens. They're also really easy to stick an approach shot on.

My Ride
    04 EP3'

playing lynx ridge friday, and wintergreen saturday. haven't played lynx ridge before...winteregreen is one of my favorite courses for sure. hopefully it'll be a good weekend!

My Ride
    BMW

Heritage Pointe is a awesome course, excellent condition, challenging and nice greens.

Innisfail is probably one of my favorite courses

Has anyone considered getting a membership at Mickelson National? Course is supposed to be done September 2017 with 6 holes laid out this year. Trying to attract the Canadian Open for 2020+, 7,700 yards from the tips. It's by the Springbank airport.

I'm considering it even though I'm not a huge fan of Springbank or Hamptons. $15k is a decent price tag if it's the course they say it's going to be. Also helps that they have other courses you have playing rights on as well...

Originally posted by cjblair
    Yeah, another +1 for heritage pointe greens. They're also really easy to stick an approach shot on.
    One would think with how soft the greens are

Originally posted by FullFledgedYYC

What? Why? Their greens are super quick and roll extremely true. I thought Willow's greens were quick and then I played Heritage, very impressive.
    They are lightning quick! My lines were way off. Nothing was working for me that day. They are good greens. I'm just a horrible putter playing the blame game....

Heritage is a great track. I will definitely go back to try the Desert.

Good to hear all the positives about Wintergreen. Didn't end up going but will definitely hit it up next week.

My Ride
    GSR

Anyone been to a PGA Tour event and can give some insight on getting an autograph? I'm going to Quicken Loans on Sunday, never been to an tournament before. Go Tiger!!

Heritage Pointe booked for Friday (first time), and Wolf Creek for Saturday (also first time). Looking forward to both of these courses.

With Golftown's 20% sale last week I decided to make some changes. Picked up some Nike Vapor Speed Irons (used to play Nike Pro Cavity's), G30 Driver (from Taylor Made RBZ), and finally decided to put a hybrid in my bag (G30 17 degree). Only played one round with the new setup but so far I like it. Hopefully I say that after this weekend.

My Ride
    BMW

Originally posted by borN
    Has anyone considered getting a membership at Mickelson National? Course is supposed to be done September 2017 with 6 holes laid out this year. Trying to attract the Canadian Open for 2020+, 7,700 yards from the tips. It's by the Springbank airport.

I'm considering it even though I'm not a huge fan of Springbank or Hamptons. $15k is a decent price tag if it's the course they say it's going to be. Also helps that they have other courses you have playing rights on as well...
    pretty sure they were sold out a while ago

Originally posted by JLau

Not sold out. If you fill out the form on their website they will email you the membership package so they must still be available.

I'll leave a note in here in case someone else ends up going to the same courses or area I was just at:

Predator Ridge in Vernon: Played both the Predator 18 and the Ridge 18. Predator was... meh. Ridge was just outstanding. Amazing views, beautiful holes, and actually quite playable without being gimmicky, highly recommend. It's not cheap though!

Predator Course
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Ridge Course
    click for larger version

Peace Portal in White Rock: Cool course, literally right by the US border. It's beautiful, but I did not like it because it felt gimmicky. It was a rather short course that I can tell is remedied by having lots of uphill shots, it just felt forced. Likely wouldn't do again.

click for larger version

Fairview Mountain in Oliver: Beautiful course, excellent greens, very cool layout. Definitely a lot more difficult than I was expecting though. I would do it again.

click for larger version

Bootleg Gap in Kimberley: Beautiful course, VERY underrated. Very playable, awesome layout, good variety of holes. I love a course where you get to use every club in the bag, this did it.

click for larger version

Trickle Creek in Kimberley: Not as scenic as Bootleg, but a very nice course. Every hole is quite secluded from each other so definitely don't walk it, but it makes for a great round. Some kind of strange hard dog legs on the back 9, but really enjoyed it. Kimberley seems to be a hidden gem for golf.

click for larger version
    "Uptight user on beyond.ca" - Micheal Platt

Originally posted by JLau

As someone already mentioned, not even close to sold out. Hamptons is sold out but Mickelson has about ~350 more spots left.

Also great pictures! Really want to play both Predator courses.
    Last edited by borN; 08-13-2015 at 06:44 AM.

Hey so I know earlier this year posted in here when my 7 iron snapped at the base and had to get repaired.

Unfortunately I noticed the other day that my 5 iron is bending in the same spot and might snap soon. My last experience with golf town was not the greatest, said 3 days, took 3 weeks, $50 bucks for shaft/grip/install. Wondering if any other beyonders have some good experiences outside of golftown to try?

Appreciated

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast