Quantcast
Cyberbullying and sharing intimate images without consent - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyberbullying and sharing intimate images without consent

Default Cyberbullying and sharing intimate images without consent

New legislation for cyberbullying and sharing intimate images without consent - link.

One would like to think it could be as simple as one just doesn't allow pictures to be taken of one's self nude but with the proliferation of digital cameras/recording media, I guess this is just a bit too much to ask for. Years ago if one took any sort of intimate photo, you took your chances in getting it developed somewhere or you developed it yourself - these days it's all at your fingertips in your cellphone. Add to that how communication has changed in relationships with social media/texting/cell phones and it is not unimaginable how someone might post a picture out of revenge or to be a braggart.

It will be interesting to see if this new legislation changes any behaviours - it is a tool for the legal system but like with speeding or distracted driving laws, there are still many that break those laws regardless of the possible known consequences.

My Ride
    G6

Seriously? What a retarded waste of time. Laws already exist and they certainly don't need more. Our government must be having a really slow year.

I think it is a great idea.

People don't seem to think they have to act maturely when there is a piece of glass between them and the real world.

Be it a wind shield or a computer monitor, people can be sociopaths when they are not held to account.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Yay more laws to govern a persons idiocy.

Originally posted by firebane
    Yay more laws to govern a persons idiocy.
    There are lots of idiots that need to be restrained.

This law may have prevented that little girl in Vancouver from committing suicide. Wasn't it a creepy pedophile that put her picture on the net?

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

If you don't want naked pictures of yourself on the internet, don't take naked pictures of yourself.

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

My Ride
    Ford

i thought the person who takes the picture owns the rights to the picture
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus
    Be it a wind shield or a computer monitor,
    What about a badge, or a judges bench, or a parliament building or in a Humvee?

Do you see the contradiction here? What is worse, posting nudies of an ex gf or sending troops into iraq to fight, die and terrorize foreign populations.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

There are lots of idiots that need to be restrained.

This law may have prevented that little girl in Vancouver from committing suicide. Wasn't it a creepy pedophile that put her picture on the net?
    And whose idiot idea was it to send it to that person.. OH right..

My Ride
    G6

Originally posted by blairtruck
    i thought the person who takes the picture owns the rights to the picture
    They do... until they post it somewhere. Then no. For example, your pics that you add to Facebook are no longer owned by you.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by Modelexis

What about a badge, or a judges bench, or a parliament building or in a Humvee?

Do you see the contradiction here? What is worse, posting nudies of an ex gf or sending troops into iraq to fight, die and terrorize foreign populations.
    What about a cow, or an duck, or a chicken or on a horse? Do you see the contradiction here? What's worse, posting nudies of an ex gf or the enslavement and rampant consumption of our animal brethren.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

I saw many people in high school learn the hard way. Too many young women trying to win the affection of a crush or something of the sort.

There was the odd male that would fall for it too.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Originally posted by firebane

And whose idiot idea was it to send it to that person.. OH right..
    I look at women a little differently than some men. I appreciate them and care for them.

It takes a lot for a woman to trust, and when she does, she gives herself to you. And when you part ways, a woman is usually sad but ready to move on.

Some men however are built differently. They sleep with a woman and call her whore, and if she dares break up with a man, she gets threatened or has the symbol of her trust pasted all over the internet.

The way some men treat women disgusts me. I think the men that don't want womens nude pics restricted, just don't get any of the real thing and have to pull it to a picture.

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

I look at women a little differently than some men. I appreciate them and care for them.

It takes a lot for a woman to trust, and when she does, she gives herself to you. And when you part ways, a woman is usually sad but ready to move on.

Some men however are built differently. They sleep with a woman and call her whore, and if she dares break up with a man, she gets threatened or has the symbol of her trust pasted all over the internet.

The way some men treat women disgusts me. I think the men that don't want womens nude pics restricted, just don't get any of the real thing and have to pull it to a picture.
    to each haters of "milk" your eating like a b!tch so ur gonna stay a b!tch. eat some cow eat some pizza eat cow in pasta cow in bread cow with cheese drink cow. look at cows there big eat them and ull be to. u are what u eat u wanna eat chicked ull stay being a chicken. u wanna eat string cheese ur gonna be a string cheese. u wanna eat fruit ur ganna be a fruit. Enjoy life.

What about milk...

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Ladies, I bet he's single! Go bask in the glow of respect!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

I think it is a great idea.

People don't seem to think they have to act maturely when there is a piece of glass between them and the real world.

Be it a wind shield or a computer monitor, people can be sociopaths when they are not held to account.
    You seem to be in favor only because you get cyberbullied by killramos

for the record, I'm a bubble-popper in real life too. try playing Anomia with me just once.
    Last edited by jwslam; 03-11-2015 at 07:00 AM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by jwslam

Oh he wishes that any of my posts could be construed as illegal cyberbullying in any way

The cyberbullying legislation is a joke anyways, it just gives judges more direct tools to deal with situations that were already criminal code offences ( like forcing kids off FB etc in the event of a judgment).

Criminal Harassment has already been illegal for decades, and the definitions of what classifies as criminal harassment have not changed.

The intimate images section is the only part that is new or has any teeth. Basically stating that if anyone wants images removed they can have the courts force people and have whoever distributed them pay for the costs associated with removal.

Beyonce tried that once, didn't work

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > Cyberbullying and sharing intimate images without consent<Ask Leo

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Originally posted by DeleriousZ
    If you don't want naked pictures of yourself on the internet, don't take naked pictures of yourself.
    Yeah, also, if you don't want to get raped, don't dress provocatively.

/You drank too much and passed out, so you deserve to be raped.
    /Don't piss off your boyfriend if you don't want to get hit
    /Don't become a victim of anything because it's the victims fault that it happened to them

In relationships, people like to have fun. That might include sharing pictures. Most people have the moral capacity to realize it's a shitty thing to share these pictures after the relationship ends, as some pathetic method of revenge. This law is probably a result of shitty human beings being shitty.

Do we tell people who are involved in serious not-at-fault collisions that they should not have been driving because "if you don't want to get into a crash, don't drive a car". That's fucking stupid - We educate drivers on safety, and we promote better habits. We need to change the culture of using sex as an excuse to discriminate just because we think we own our partners.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

Originally posted by jwslam

for the record, I'm a bubble-popper in real life too. try playing Anomia with me just once.
    What is wrong with some of you?

You have a little community, of what seems to be very immature people. You get together and flame anyone that doesn't agree with your groups consensus.

I am against cyberbullying because I think some people don't feel the need to be moral if no one is watching them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast