Quantcast
Legal weed operation-Downtown Calgary? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Legal weed operation-Downtown Calgary?

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Default Legal weed operation-Downtown Calgary?

What's this I hear about a massive legal marijuana grow op going on in downtown Calgary? I was told that someone converted an old building into a grow op and it's supposed to be the largest of its kind. There's armed security there 24/7.

When it was explained to me, they made it sound like it was a huge deal. Maybe it got blown out of proportion.

Any truth to it?
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

No idea what you're talking about but this was viral on facebook

http://www.provedplusprobable.com/garden/

My Ride
    EG6

I doubt it's down town just based on the price per foot and the time it takes to turn a crop. I can see it being off in an industrial area like Greenview area or somewhere off like that.
    If you get angry at my post please re-read as a joke or sarcasm.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by jwslam

2P News is a newspaper-themed blog that publishes original satirical articles focused on the oil and gas industry and working in downtown Calgary in general
    I was actually kinda believing it until the officer named in the article was "SGT. Arrestyanow"
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Default Re: Legal weed operation-Downtown Calgary?

Originally posted by 16hypen3sp
    What's this I hear about a massive legal marijuana grow op going on in downtown Calgary? I was told that someone converted an old building into a grow op and it's supposed to be the largest of its kind. There's armed security there 24/7.

When it was explained to me, they made it sound like it was a huge deal. Maybe it got blown out of proportion.

Any truth to it?
    Yeeaahhh mannn. The city is renting out the underground c-train tunnel that they never used mann. There's totally a grow up there now!

Sounds like a bunch of rumors teenagers in high school would be talking about.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by jwslam

What's funny is that the Devonian Gardens still has the same sketchy areas post renovations that's a hotbed for drug dealing activities, homeless sex, and all sorts of crazy shit.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by rage2

What's funny is that the Devonian Gardens still has the same sketchy areas post renovations that's a hotbed for drug dealing activities, homeless sex, and all sorts of crazy shit.
    When are you running tours at lunch? I haven't seen any of the said activities.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Explains everything why rage2 shows up to 'work'.
    Doing It For the 'Gram

I ain't worried 'bout it right now..

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by mr2mike
    When are you running tours at lunch? I haven't seen any of the said activities.
    I still see sketchy people in those areas, was down there last month checking it out. It's the entrance from the 3rd and 2nd floor area between what was TD and Bankers Hall. It's a long hallway covered in plants, and easy to do whatever the fuck you want without getting noticed. Walk towards the stairs, and you're completely hidden from view.

I grew up a Eaton Center/TD mallrat in the 80's and 90's because my parents owned photo stores in Eaton Center, TD and Lancaster and knew Devonian Gardens inside out pre-renovation. I used to watch people fuck on the benches there from the 4th floor as a kid. Free show haha. Not sure if fucking is still going on though, but it's definitely the area to do it.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

This info I got came from three people all on separate occasions. 2 of which were Calgary residents. They said it was just starting up... Maybe to supply Health Canada or something? I'll ask them more about it when I see them next.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Nothing

Originally posted by rage2

I still see sketchy people in those areas, was down there last month checking it out. It's the entrance from the 3rd and 2nd floor area between what was TD and Bankers Hall. It's a long hallway covered in plants, and easy to do whatever the fuck you want without getting noticed. Walk towards the stairs, and you're completely hidden from view.

I grew up a Eaton Center/TD mallrat in the 80's and 90's because my parents owned photo stores in Eaton Center, TD and Lancaster and knew Devonian Gardens inside out pre-renovation. I used to watch people fuck on the benches there from the 4th floor as a kid. Free show haha. Not sure if fucking is still going on though, but it's definitely the area to do it.
    Did you ever join in? Inquiring minds want to know.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Default Re: Legal weed operation-Downtown Calgary?

Originally posted by 16hypen3sp

Any truth to it?
    Global News had it on a few days ago. They interviewed the owner, as well as cameras inside showing all the different rooms and tables. Looked like a top notch laboratory. I'll see if I can find the clip.

*edit*.

Ahh...sorry, the location is in Cremona. Maybe the people you heard it from just confused the location?

http://globalnews.ca/video/1867354/m...marijuana-tour

I watched this 60 Minutes "Colorado Pot" piece last January. It is maybe 15 minutes long. Interesting business to be in, there is no way a downtown location would work. They seek out massive buildings with low lease rates. The operation investment is more than I'd have thought. I'd think Medicine Hat would be the place in Alberta, plenty of greenhouse experience, plenty of aggie trained labour.

Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
    I watched this 60 Minutes "Colorado Pot" piece last January. It is maybe 15 minutes long. Interesting business to be in, there is no way a downtown location would work. They seek out massive buildings with low lease rates. The operation investment is more than I'd have thought. I'd think Medicine Hat would be the place in Alberta, plenty of greenhouse experience, plenty of aggie trained labour.
    Yeah, I find it fascinating. The Cremona plant was close to $11 million to build. 55,000 sq ft building. And with an annual production capability of almost 6 tons of bud per year. (Almost $40,000,000 worth of weed!)

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Default Re: Re: Legal weed operation-Downtown Calgary?

Originally posted by C_Dave45
    Global News had it on a few days ago. They interviewed the owner, as well as cameras inside showing all the different rooms and tables. Looked like a top notch laboratory. I'll see if I can find the clip.

*edit*.

Ahh...sorry, the location is in Cremona. Maybe the people you heard it from just confused the location?

http://globalnews.ca/video/1867354/m...marijuana-tour
    I see. Yah maybe they were confused. Very interesting.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

If the potential for legalization in the future, that doesn't seem like a bad investment at all. I wonder how much they make per kilo selling to the government.