Quantcast
Anyone here work for Telus mobility? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here work for Telus mobility?

^ They were the first ones to reject me. Saying their policy is to not sell outright at all.

WHich is bs cuz i've purchased a galaxy s2 from them outright....but that was so many years ago lol

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Originally posted by Hero_X
    Mar, when you did this with bell/telus, did you incur any additional charges?
    Which one? When I was on Telus and I bought the Bell phone, it just cost me a 30 day plan which was $30 extra. Then it was $20 to unlock the phone using mobileincanada.com.

When I was on Bell and bought the Telus phone, it didn't cost anything extra, I just brought someone whom was a Telus customer and had her buy it on her account without changing anything on the account.

To answer about the plans, you don't need to renew anything to get the good plans. I'm on Bell and have never had a contract with them, I keep buying the phones for full price. Last week I had this plan:
    - 200 day time minutes
    - free evenings / weekends
    - 10 favourite numbers I can call across Canada for free
    - unlimited texting (Canada)
    - package with voicemail / caller ID
    - 1 gibibyte of data
    - $80 per month

I called to let them know I went over my data plan and to ask how much it cost me, the woman was so worried I was going to leave Bell that she just offered me this out of nowhere (I didn't even mention leaving):
    - unlimited calling across Canada any time
    - unlimited texting (Canada and USA)
    - included voicemail / caller ID
    - 2 gibibytes of data
    - $80 per month

I didn't even say anything about leaving I was just trying to pay my bill. So not being on contract has its perks, don't get suckered into their shenanigans.

Yup, they won't let you keep your plan. Telus and a lot of providers are trying to push customers out of the good ol' plans.
    Wow, that must have changed. When I worked there, the plans and contracts were separate. You could be on whichever plan you want and be signed for any term you want, I find it hard to believe they require you to be on a current plan just because you're renewing your contract. They should be allowing you to do whatever you want as long as it means you'll sign the contract for another term. There's an easy way out of this though, don't sign for another term. It's not like they're going to force you to ditch your current plan or not have one at all, they have to let you keep your old one until you sign again. Signing a contrat only saves you about $200 anyway, don't bother, it's not worth it. It's much nicer having the freedom to go wherever I want for service.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

Originally posted by GQBalla
    i just saw bestbuy is offering pre orders as well.

Check with them to see if they will sell outright
    I already talked to BestBuy. They don't sell ANY phones outright.

Originally posted by Mar
    [B]

Which one? When I was on Telus and I bought the Bell phone, it just cost me a 30 day plan which was $30 extra. Then it was $20 to unlock the phone using mobileincanada.com.
    When you were with telus and bought the bell phone, it cost you just 30$ plus device balance? That's pretty decent. Telus has a 50$ early cancellation fee + device balance.

Originally posted by Mar

Wow, that must have changed. When I worked there, the plans and contracts were separate. ...
    This is due to CRTC putting in the rule that contracts can't be longer than 2 years. So they can't split the device balance over 36 months any more, so they won't give u the same old plans.

Originally posted by ZMan2k2

I already talked to BestBuy. They don't sell ANY phones outright.
    false, i actually worked for bestbuy mobile once upon a time. Another way for them to make money. It actually doesn't come from upper management. Its the stores manager because the stats for selling a new activation/upgrade is worth more then selling a phone outright.

If you really wanted to, tell them you will sign up for their PEP plan which is like $14 dollars per month for 3 years if they will sell you the phone outright. Most managers say yes to this. Call in to the PEP line after you leave the store and cancel it.

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

What's a PEP plan? I'm interested in a couple phones, and I'm considering buying and unlocking them, but was told that they don't do that. If I could get a cheap plan that's easy to cancel, without penalty, I'm all for it.

I think PEP plan is their product replacement plan. I am not sure how the cancellation works though, might be a penalty.

Plus just saying you're gonna get the PEP for it may not be enough for a BB/FS person to sell it to you outright.

Have to go through so much bs just to spend money.. lol

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

When you were with telus and bought the bell phone, it cost you just 30$ plus device balance? That's pretty decent. Telus has a 50$ early cancellation fee + device balance.
    Correct. They also wanted a $30 activation fee but I had that waived by making them think I'd be a lifetime customer.

This is due to CRTC putting in the rule that contracts can't be longer than 2 years. So they can't split the device balance over 36 months any more, so they won't give u the same old plans.
    That's irrelevant, it still doesn't make sense. Let's go through the scenario step by step here. I have a phone that is 5 years old and my contract with Telus is expiring next month. I phone in to Telus and they tell me I can't keep my current plan because it isn't available any more, I need to get on a new plan in order to sign another 2 year contract, even if I want to keep my 5 year old phone. Something's not right about this.

Any business' main plan is to get a customer to sign a contract for service. I can't believe that the company would put a blockade in front of that and make it harder for a customer to give the company a cheque and a signed contract. That business would fail.
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Originally posted by Mar

Correct. They also wanted a $30 activation fee but I had that waived by making them think I'd be a lifetime customer.

That's irrelevant, it still doesn't make sense. Let's go through the scenario step by step here. I have a phone that is 5 years old and my contract with Telus is expiring next month. I phone in to Telus and they tell me I can't keep my current plan because it isn't available any more, I need to get on a new plan in order to sign another 2 year contract, even if I want to keep my 5 year old phone. Something's not right about this.

Any business' main plan is to get a customer to sign a contract for service. I can't believe that the company would put a blockade in front of that and make it harder for a customer to give the company a cheque and a signed contract. That business would fail.
    Nobody signs a contract unless they're getting a free phone anyways. That's where this rule applies. Free phone, new plan. Old phone, old plan.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

WIND should sell you the phone outright, right? You just need to unlock it afterwards.

Problem with Wind is that the phone may be on different frequency bands.

I don't know for sure what model Wind will be getting but it's likely going to be one of those that is exclusive to the frequency Wind uses. Same with T-Mobile in the states.

Pep is product exchange plan

From what I remember there is no penalty. Look it up before going ahead with that. Any smart manager will do it as a PEP sale is worth the most.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Originally posted by CompletelyNumb

Nobody signs a contract unless they're getting a free phone anyways. That's where this rule applies. Free phone, new plan. Old phone, old plan.
    So I'm guessing you could actually accomplish getting a new contract on your old plan by keeping your old phone. Then just go buy a phone anywhere.

A lot of people sign contracts to keep plans and pricing without feat of losing them. Even if prices go up, you're locked in at your current price for the term of the contract. There are benefits for both parties.

You guys are all pretty stupid.. I mentioned i worked in the cellular industry for 7 years yet you guys are still debating what the issue is.

Phone stores work on commission and the majority of them make absolutely nothing on an out right purchase of the phone. This is why you're told they do not sell them out right. This isn't actually company policy but that's what they all tell you.

If you're needing to activate on a month to month plan you are getting ripped off and should make a complaint. Also if you activate on a 2 yr plan you will pay well more then the retail value of the phone when cancelling. Factor in data cancellation, phone plan cancellation, 1 months of a bill, phone cost on a 2 yr plan and activation fee.

Certain dealers make good margins on outright purchases but charge a bit more.. places like digital communications. If a store tries to tell you no to a purchase with a visa have cash/debit ready... they have no choice but to sell you the phone.

If you threaten to contact a District manager over them not selling you the phone watch how quickly they get that phone for you. Like i said on my previous post tell them its for a new activation, when they pull the phone out tell them its for an out right purchase. They cant lie to you and tell you they are out of stock when you see the actual phone.

We used to hoard lots of phones and prevent lots of out right purchases in my store... but not on orders from our company.
    Last edited by gwill; 03-26-2015 at 11:06 AM.

Also need to factor in slower stores get much less inventory then the dealers top store locations. If your calling the locations that don't sell much they will hoard more then the stores that are main locations.

Every city has their corporate stores that get more inventory then most or the top performing stores that sell more then every other location... always a good idea to hit them up before the random kiosk on the side of the highway.

If a client requests a discounted device, said client is looking at a 2 year contract offer.

A plan can be kept IF client buys a device independent of a contract.

My Ride
    13' IS 250AWD 09' MDX

So i am still on the student plan 50 with telus that ends in May.

Cost is $55/month and includes 500mins and 5GB of data, unlimited text, evenings, weekends, etc...

When my plan ends does it just go month to month? Can i buy any telus or unlocked phone and keep my cheap rate?

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Originally posted by E90_330xi

Cost is $55/month and includes 500mins and 5GB of data, unlimited text, evenings, weekends, etc...

When my plan ends does it just go month to month? Can i buy any telus or unlocked phone and keep my cheap rate?
    yes

Originally posted by E90_330xi

You might want to double check that some of your plan isn't considered a promotion that ends when your contract ends. Bell was notorious for doing this.

For example plans back in the day would have 500 LD minutes but when you looked at the plan details that was only for the term of the contract. I know bell has some plans at 6gb now but a portion of that is a promo.

My Ride
    12 civic si

bump..

anyone on here i can PM on questions for telus plans?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast